Type keyword(s) to search

Good Witch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, sharifa70 said:

I have the last two episodes sitting unwatched on my dvr and I just haven’t been able to muster the interest to watch them. On the one hand: I got this far, why stop now, but on the other hand: it sounds like absolutely nothing of interest happened. I have books that need reading!

It's kind of at the level of "I have toe lint to pick and that's more important than watching The Good Witch finale..."

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I finally noticed that season 6 and 7 are on Netflix. I started watching the first new episode and wow, Catherine Bell’s face is so….wrong. It looks like melted wax. It’s hard for me to get past that, she was so beautiful.

• Love 5

I had watched Good Witch over the years & agree with all of the previous comments. I lost interest when the “magic” went away & it turned into typical hallmark romances. 

I heard the series had ended so I just binged the entire series.

Couldn’t even look at Catherine Bell’s face near the end- so puffy & weird. Her character was different too. She used to be so upbeat & happy. The last season esp she was moody & sad & didn’t seem to take much interest in the other townspeople’s problems. I know they explained it (sort of) when she was talking with her mother about it being a burden, but it just seemed like a dark cloud over a formally happy & energetic character.

i liked Abigail’s character more before Donovan. I know some here didn’t, but she had a different way of getting a good result.  Cassie’s “know it all” ness grated sometimes.

Grace was one of my least favorite characters. Smug, know it all, in everyone’s business, & that breathy way she delivered her lines.

My favorite character was probably Martha. Loved her from the start, even when we weren’t supposed to like her.

I hated the hospital scenes, so unrealistic. Adam has a tumor removed from his cervical spine & he’s sitting in bed afterwards with no monitoring equipment, not even a brace to stabilize his neck? And Sam is just looking amused that Adam can’t grip with his hand after surgery? 

All in all, I liked the series but it was so inconsistent. They threw in so much magic at the end that viewers were asking for all this time (& George & Sam knew?!). Remember when Grace was teased for being a witch & asked Cassie why she saw things ahead of time? Perhaps that would have been a good time to say, yes, Grace, you are a witch! 

• Love 1

I'm the last entry....since 2021. I've gotten hooked on this show. I'm 63 and male. I'm married. Got grown sons and grandkids. The Good Witch (at least up to season 3) is a great series. Sure its wholesome...sure its corny....sure its filled with plot holes you can drive through....but....its a show that after you've watched it, you feel good. And is there anything wrong with that? Characters are back storied enough that you can grow with them. The tension is always relieved by the next ending. I enjoy reading other fans ideas. Even the negative ones. If I had to visit any make believe show town..its Middleton USA.

• Love 1

I agree with you @Cityroute16 . My teen daughter and I visited my dad in his nursing home, and the Good Witch episode 1 was playing on the tv in the community living room. We were hooked and it became our show. We watched the entire show over the next few months and then started with the movies. We were opposite of most people in this forum in that we liked the show better, because that's what we watched first. We still have one movie left that we'll get around to watching but overall this was an excellent feel-good show that we both enjoyed.