Type keyword(s) to search

USA Today - Save our Show

I saw on my Twitter that Matt put up the USA Today poll to help save Timeless. I know it might not amount to much - but it's a way for our voices to be heard. I voted to save our show - and posted why I think it should be saved. This is what I put in my reply.

"Timeless is an exciting adventure series -  that takes us on a unique journey back through time each week. All of the cast has a great chemistry together that shines on screen. The guest cast members are great each week - and the show keeps us guessing - and on our toes every episode. I'm excited to watch each week to see what will happen next. Timeless has continued to gain momentum - and many more supportive fans since Season one - who want the show to stay on the air for many more years to come. Please hear our words - and save our show."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2018/04/18/save-our-shows-2018-designated-survivor-timeless-blacklist-still-lead-vote/526484002/

I tried for a frustrating half hour to get the link up that Matt had in his twitter - but it didn't work. And I couldn't repost the survey once I filled it out. So this link is the best I could do. We can all still vote on it - and stand up for our show. I realize it still has it's flaws - but so much better than not having it to watch at all.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Cranberry said:

This link worked for me!

Timeless won this poll last year. Let's see if we can do it again.

Thanks, @Cranberry.

I posted:

The NBC show Timeless peaks interest in history, demonstrates that choices and actions have consequences, examines and challenges the audience to think about free will versus fate, and has characters who take a mature view of personal relationships.

Y'all can feel free to copy or otherwise use any portion of the above.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

I voted the first day the poll came out.  I also know from Twitter that the fans have been doing massive rewatches every single day since the last episode aired.  I think the message is coming through loud and clear -- I just hope that it doesn't fall on deaf ears this time!

• Love 2

Timeless is also included in this TVLine poll...

Cancellation Countdown! Which 7 Shows Do You Most Want Saved?
By Team TVLine / April 27 2018
http://tvline.com/2018/04/27/cancelled-renewed-bubble-show-list-2018-poll-vote/

Some lingering renew/cancel decisions surely have secretly been made, but many are legitimately still up in the air, likely not to be locked in until May 11 — the Friday before NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS and then The CW announce their schedules for the 2018-19 TV season.

If only for cathartic reasons, here is one… last… chance… to let your voices be heard. TVLine has listed below dozens of dramas and comedies whose fates have yet to be officially announced. Review the choices and then vote for your “Hopefully Lucky 7” — up to seven shows you most hope get good news instead of… the hook.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Save Our Shows 2018: Fans pick 'Timeless' (again) as TV's most-wanted endangered series
Gary Levin, USA TODAY Published 8:16 a.m. ET May 2, 2018
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2018/05/02/save-our-shows-2018-fans-pick-timeless-again-tvs-most-wanted-endangered-series/564945002/

In a repeat of last year's results, NBC's Timeless topped USA TODAY's 21st annual Save Our Shows poll: 58% of voters are seeking a third season for the time-travel fantasy. It was the biggest show of support among 30 broadcast series hovering "on the bubble" between renewal and cancellation. 

The 2018 poll drew a record turnout of more than 257,000 votes, up sharply from nearly 147,000 last year, stoked by social media campaigning from the series' stars and producers. 
Which shows are keepers and which are goners will be revealed in the next two weeks, when networks set their new lineups ahead of splashy presentations to advertisers in New York. Last spring, NBC canceled Timeless in early May, then reversed itself days later and renewed it for a 10-episode second season, citing support in the poll as a factor in its decision. (Its two-hour season finale airs May 13.)
Timeless was the favorite among women and voters ages 20 to 50, while older folks and men were more eager to see Designated Survivor and The Blacklist come back.  Brooklyn, the police-precinct comedy starring Andy Samberg, had more support in New York and California than elsewhere, while Boat also sailed farther in the Golden State, finishing second behind Timeless.
636607706045656726-050218-Save-our-shows

Edited by tv echo