Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: Frankie Comes to Hollywood

The duo sets out to unlock a case about a veteran hit man who Murtaugh has followed for years; Riggs struggles to find a connection with his father; Murtaugh scares Riana with his overprotective driving lessons; the team's trust is tested.

I think this episode had just the right amount of Murtaugh family drama. Sometimes Roger and Trish can be way over the top with scenes that would be better suited to a sitcom. But in this episode I can understand why Roger would be a little freaked out that his daughter was getting her license. The only nitpick is that if she's ready to take her road test she should already have lots of driving time under her belt already.

Riggs and his daddy don't interest me nearly as much but it is interesting that as mad as Riggs claims to be he still keeps letting his dad in. But I can imagine where this plot is heading: Riggs will get his dad out of jail, they'll be forced to reconcile by some crisis of the week, they'll be all buddy-buddy for a short time and then Riggs will find out his dad is up to something nefarious and will shoot him dead in the season finale.

Why was everybody in the police department acting like the hitman had never committed a crime in his life. So he wasn't guilty of that murder, what about the 29 others you had in the book. Let him go so he can finish his boat and spend the rest of his days traveling around the world in his boat.

• Love 4

I spent the latter part of the episode wondering why the kid who shot Frankie looked so familiar. I finally had to consult IMDB, and was amused to discover that it was the same actor (Jake Austin Walker) who played the younger half brother of Clayne Crawford's character on Rectify.

I enjoyed this episode, despite things frequently making no sense, including the aforementioned release of Frankie and Rhianna saying something to Roger about being almost seventeen even though she just turned sixteen.