Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Blizzard

i always wonder how they managed to keep snow on the ground in boiling hot Simi Valley. When I saw the Christmas episode in HD I noticed that there was steam coming off a patch of snow.

• Love 1

Major fake out at the end.  When Pa sees the new widow I was SO sure he was going to give her one of his patented "hold her crying face way to tightly" thing.  But no, she basically got a get over it and celebrate Christmas damnit.  Yeah, your husband is a popsicle but before you can grieve your ass better join in on Silent Night.  It's just weird, even for this show.

On 4/21/2018 at 1:10 AM, penguinnj said:

Major fake out at the end.  When Pa sees the new widow I was SO sure he was going to give her one of his patented "hold her crying face way to tightly" thing.  But no, she basically got a get over it and celebrate Christmas damnit.  Yeah, your husband is a popsicle but before you can grieve your ass better join in on Silent Night.  It's just weird, even for this show.

Agree. Not to mention how (or even IF) the new widow and her distraught son were going to survive on their own in these bleak conditions  wasn't even remotely addressed then(and, natch, these one shots were never referred to again so who knows if they DID survive).

On the positive side, this was one of the very few times Mary's bossiness not only was justified but even wound up saving her and her siblings from doom!

Edited by Blergh
so gone
  • Love 2