Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Durbin Crashes

When Jack casually gives Durbin some marriage advice, it backfires, gets Durbin kicked out of the house, and Jack takes him in. The A.P. Bio kids tell Jack if they can get Miles' DNA, they'll learn a little biology while pulling off the ultimate revenge. Angela Kinsey guest stars.

I thought Jack didn’t want to teach the kids biology because he thought he was above it and would rather focus on getting revenge on Miles.

However, he got seriously PISSED when he found out they had learned a little biology on their own. He even made them abandon the Miles plot because he was so mad that they learned something.

WTF??

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Maya said:

However, he got seriously PISSED when he found out they had learned a little biology on their own. He even made them abandon the Miles plot because he was so mad that they learned something.

WTF??

It seemed to me that he was fine with letting them learn biology as part of a scheme to frame Miles; it was only after everything they presented to him was a general fact about DNA with no focus on Miles at all that he flipped out on them. As long as they were actively working against Miles he didn't begrudge them their learning. 

How did the student get a lock of Miles's hair? Doesn't he live in Cali? Plus don't you need the root? Come on, science!

Durbin's sleepwalking was disturbing (heh, that rhymes).

On 4/14/2018 at 12:32 AM, rhys said:

How did the student get a lock of Miles's hair? Doesn't he live in Cali? Plus don't you need the root? Come on, science!

Durbin's sleepwalking was disturbing (heh, that rhymes).

Heather has been catfishing him since one of Jack's early plots for the kids. How you work, "Hey, send me some of your hair?" into a catfish relationship I don't know.

But apparently Heather does.

• Love 4

When this show focuses on Jack and the kids, I often find it laugh out loud funny. It grinds to a screeching halt when it switches to the other teachers. Durbin and Helen fall somewhere in the middle, but slightly weighted toward the suckiness of plots with the other teachers. 

I find Durbin more sad than funny. I just don't find the humor in milquetoast losers who are aware they're losers.

Was he still separated from his wife at the end? Given how awful she was, no wonder he kept reenacting the Underground Railroad.