Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Seek For Thy Noble Father In The Dust

Wow. Obviously, we wouldn't have had this storyline but I feel like that information about paying Ted as an apology for his loss should have come out a long time ago. Why go through those channels to pay him, though? To avoid press scrutiny? What about that guy who says he was paid to gun down Robert's plane? Was that solely Ted's doing, once he went off the rails? I don't remember the original story.

So Robert may be innocent when it comes to the dad stuff (I mean, I'm still suspicious, lol) but definitely evil when it comes to Jasper. I already thought he may have called in the hit but now he's behind this power outage, knowing that Jasper was going to be released that evening? (I'm guessing that he knew; I skipped around some of the Jasper/Jaspenor scenes.) What is his deal, man? He must know his mother had a side piece or two while being married to the King, so why can't Eleanor do the same? She's not even in line for Queen anyway. And I think he's been meddling in his mother's love life as well, as I don't believe that the Chamberlain really was writing a tell-all. Actually, that's interesting... Robert supposedly cares about the people, now focusing on one of the poorer, violence-stricken areas, yet he seems to be a gigantic snob re: "the help" and his comment to Kathyrn about being a common whore. Maybe that'll be his downfall, his comments being leaked or something.

Robert and Willow continue to be a compelling pair. I didn't like any of Robert's potential brides, which was the point, I'm sure. I thought the "winner" of the group seemed like she would be a threat to Robert; she seemed like a master manipulator herself. I don't know what Robert's planning but I hope his feelings for Willow are true and that she might help steer him in a less devious direction.

Colin, Helena's hookup, actually seemed like a decent person. But I guess it's good that Helena's trying to be better, even if it's for her benefit rather than his. I can't remember why she was with him, to have some political sway? I wonder what Robert will say, now that she's not going along with that plan.

I'm glad Eleanor is continuing to do good. I enjoyed Sebastian ribbing Sourpuss Jasper... he's such a sore winner. I'd enjoy toying with him too!

I was hoping that the reveal that Robert wasn't behind his father's death was going to be a turning point for the brothers but with the way this episode ended, I don't think I can buy into any potential healing between them. Speaking of, Liam's an idiot. Cyrus told him to play his cards right and he immediately did the opposite.

Edited by omgsowicked
Added a few comments I forgot to say
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, omgsowicked said:

Speaking of, Liam's an idiot. Cyrus told him to play his cards right and he immediately did the opposite.

Yes, he is an idiot and is too impulsive to win against his brother.  I hope Liam learns from this and becomes more strategic in his thoughts and action.  If he doesn't he will never win when he goes up against Robert and if he does become king he will be a horrible king. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Yes, he is an idiot and is too impulsive to win against his brother.  I hope Liam learns from this and becomes more strategic in his thoughts and action.  If he doesn't he will never win when he goes up against Robert and if he does become king he will be a horrible king. 

That's what I have always thought. Liam, since day one, have shown us that he is too impulsive and immature, and thst doesn't help him to get to be king. And he's supposed to be kind of like the main character (even though he's the less one I want to see in this season). But I have to admit that I enjoyed when he confronted Robert. I was curious about what Robert would say after that.

I enjoyed the episode, especially everything about Robert and Willow. Although the last scene had me saying: "Why Robert?! Why?!"

• Love 1

I'm finding that I can no longer hand wave the gross way Jasper entered Eleanor's life. They still have that compelling chemistry, but I am just less tolerant of that kind of grossness in my fictional couples. And Robert is so right that Jasper holds her back, as much as he (Jasper) denies it and tries not to. Jasper's snippy comments toward Sebastian grated too. I thought it was telling that Jasper thanked Sebastian for looking out for Eleanor, and Sebastian retorted that she can take care of herself.  I got a nasty kick out of Becky seeing Jasper and looking totally disappointed.

Eleanor has made amazing strides since season one. I love when she interacts with normal people like that girl in the hospital. They may dress Eleanor totally unrealistically for a princess, but the actress herself just bleeds empathy for others that shows in every scene. With every scene she's in, I'm getting more and more convinced we will end up with Queen Eleanor (Robert is SO getting killed off and/or thrown in prison).

Cassandra, one of Robert's wife candidates, showed more spark than any of Liam's love interests, ever. Why can't they ever cast someone that interesting for an actual role that lasts more than one episode? Willow is simply lovely. Her hairdo makes her look like an English rose straight from central casting. Based off that alone, no wonder she's number one on Robert's list. I love her and Robert. I had feared the show wouldn't invest in the coupling before blowing them up. If it's all an act on Robert's part (and it probably is, knowing this show), I'm still liking it. The noodle part was a nice touch.

Robert is clearly playing the long game with Liam, and I  am loving how insane he is making Liam look. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Robert must hate Jasper as much as I do, because blacking out an entire city just to bump him off is pretty hilariously intense.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 6

Jeez, Liam needs a serious timeout-exile for a while. He has the maturity of a nine year old. I laughed so hard when Fleanor clocked him, it was great. And that big shiny gun was so ridiculous, just have a seat, dumbass.

The party was cute and I was happy to see Sebastian. He is so chill and is a good supportive friend. I didn't quite understand why the sick girl couldn't go to go to the party but the party could come to her but not important, is it?

The last bride candidate was an inappropriate life partner for Robert but an excellent fool around choice. In a short time they would try and destroy each other so nothing long term for them.

Robert is devious as hell and I'm really enjoying his maneuvering. Plus he is so lovely.

I continue to be a Jasper enthusiast and Cyrus is so dapper, I can't get enough of his fashion.

Be strong Willow. You can make it go the way you want it. 

• Love 2
On 3/26/2018 at 10:11 PM, EarlGreyTea said:

Eleanor has made amazing strides since season one. I love when she interacts with normal people like that girl in the hospital. They may dress Eleanor totally unrealistically for a princess, but the actress herself just bleeds empathy for others that shows in every scene. With every scene she's in, I'm getting more and more convinced we will end up with Queen Eleanor (Robert is SO getting killed off and/or thrown in prison).

I'm on board with your prediction. I absolutely adore Eleanor and love the character growth that she's gone through. Alexandra Park is perfect for the role!

• Love 2

Wait - so Robert didn't kill Simon?  Are we sure?  Or is Liam still trying to prove he is?  I really don't want to be sucker punched with that.  I don't want Robert to be THAT evil.

1 hour ago, phoenics said:

Wait - so Robert didn't kill Simon?  Are we sure?  Or is Liam still trying to prove he is?  I really don't want to be sucker punched with that.  I don't want Robert to be THAT evil.

I hope not because it would give Liam the satisfaction about being right. Liam found proof that Robert transferred money to Ted and when he confronted Robert about it (with a gun), Robert told him that it was because Ted's wife was killed in the line of duty of protecting the Royals and it was for Ted and his bland daughter. Apparently, this was known by both their parents before Robert's was stranded on that island and Simon's death.

I hope this is the last time we hear about this particular story as it has been used over and over each season. Liam thinks someone in his family killed his father and he goes looking for proof. 

For now, even Liam believes this much to be true about the money/payoff, but still thinks Robert is a bastard.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, nilyank said:

I hope not because it would give Liam the satisfaction about being right. Liam found proof that Robert transferred money to Ted and when he confronted Robert about it (with a gun), Robert told him that it was because Ted's wife was killed in the line of duty of protecting the Royals and it was for Ted and his bland daughter. Apparently, this was known by both their parents before Robert's was stranded on that island and Simon's death.

I hope this is the last time we hear about this particular story as it has been used over and over each season. Liam thinks someone in his family killed his father and he goes looking for proof. 

For now, even Liam believes this much to be true about the money/payoff, but still thinks Robert is a bastard.

Thanks.  I went ahead and caught up.  Max Brown is the only compelling thing going right now - he's clearly conniving, but I'm okay with that.  He's damn sexy and the spark the show needed.  If the show is to survive past this season (will it?) then they can't just be all about bringing him down and making Liam King.  Right now, I'd rather see Eleanor become Queen than Liam King.  But I'm also really liking Willow and Robert - I'd rather see Robert walk away from The Crown than all of this foolishness.

Seeing Robert so nice with Helena and Eleanor makes me long for the time when Liam was loving with them instead of obsessed with vengeance.  It's like Liam NEEDS Robert to be bad in order to make himself relevant.  When Robert said, "Brother, you are not well..." he really seemed to mean it and honestly I agreed - although you'd THINK it would be Robert who needed some mental health days after being stranded on an island and shot at.

Either Robert planned the sniper attack to take out Jasper (not mad at him, lol) or Helena has it right when she says that when Robert says he's "fine" that's when she knows he is not.

Right now, Max Brown's Robert is the only thing keeping me watching.  I don't mind Jaspenor - but not if Jasper joins Liam in the Robert witchhunt I wish the show would drop.  Give Liam something better to do than this nonsense.  It takes all the fun out of the show - although I did snort laugh at everyone's faces when Liam whipped out that gun and then Eleanor knocked him out.

I just know I can't handle it if this "get Robert" storyline goes on much longer.  It's tiring.

• Love 2