Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Never Get Out of the Boat

Screen+Shot+2018-03-09+at+2.40.53+PM+%25

Jason leads the SEAL Team on a dangerous daytime mission where Sonny is wounded and must now rely on Clay and his brothers to save his life. Also, Jason sees more of Amy, and Clay struggles with his long-distance relationship with Stella.

Promos

I'm OK with Jason's personal life being screwed up (although him going to the contractor's trailer was wayyyyyyyyyyyy predictable) , and I even bought hot-headed Jason barging into the CIA guy's office.  However, Jason being a hothead in the field is a no-go for me.  He's Team Leader, and the duality of screw-up in his personal life yet all business at work is somewhat interesting.  However, Jason as a 24/7 mess will become boring and tedious.

Speaking of boring....Mandy is boring.  Not enough Cerberus in this episode...and it is amazing how Ray's shoulder now never seems to bother him.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Ohmo said:

and it is amazing how Ray's shoulder now never seems to bother him.

Also, remember that time when Jason had a dead best friend and was a mess over that and went to the therapy about that? The show doesn't as well.

• Love 2

I snorted at Jason wearing a t-shirt that said 'peace thru kindness.' Seems like that is the direct opposite method of these tier one operators. And I still think its funny that they incorporated Boreanaz's Philly fandom into the show by having his character sport Flyers gear. I wonder if they had to license that from the NHL? You know its a thrilling episode when you're contemplating the wardrobe more than the plot. 

And Clay, go outside and talk to your lady friend. Let the rest of your team take a nap in peace while you have your jealousy crisis. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sabretooth said:

And I still think its funny that they incorporated Boreanaz's Philly fandom into the show by having his character sport Flyers gear. I wonder if they had to license that from the NHL?

It wouldn't surprise me if the NHL has some sort of understanding/personal deal with David that has somehow carried over from Bones.  I remember when Booth and Brennan had baby Hank, the baby was dressed in a Flyers onesie in one scene.

On 3/22/2018 at 9:43 PM, Ohmo said:

However, Jason being a hothead in the field is a no-go for me.  He's Team Leader, and the duality of screw-up in his personal life yet all business at work is somewhat interesting.

Not only that, he is an MCPO, the highest enlisted rank in the Navy. He should have had much more wisdom than that.

19 hours ago, sabretooth said:

And I still think its funny that they incorporated Boreanaz's Philly fandom into the show by having his character sport Flyers gear. I wonder if they had to license that from the NHL?

Hayes also wears Eagles t-shirt from time to time. So not only that the show had to deal with the NHL but the NFL too?

19 hours ago, sabretooth said:

And Clay, go outside and talk to your lady friend. Let the rest of your team take a nap in peace while you have your jealousy crisis. 

Maybe there was no wi-fi outside?

For me, why did a top-tier SOCOM unit ride into mission using civilian helicopter?

• Love 1

So they got the wrong guy and Jason would have an interview with the reporter after all of this..

so we are going back to mercedes guy-police chief,

I thought someone posted that the Echo team might have done something illegal or something?

so this Amy, if she was also linked to Steve, she might know something.

(edited)
On 3/23/2018 at 1:25 AM, CooperTV said:

Also, remember that time when Jason had a dead best friend and was a mess over that and went to the therapy about that? The show doesn't as well.

I am totally fine with them forgetting that happened. I like this show and appreciate that it is kind of different, at least for the kind of show it is. The whole thing with the dead best friend and feeling the guilt and seeing the shrink but not wanting to talk was Chicago Fire level of cliched writing.

On 3/23/2018 at 9:17 PM, Ohmo said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the NHL has some sort of understanding/personal deal with David that has somehow carried over from Bones.  I remember when Booth and Brennan had baby Hank, the baby was dressed in a Flyers onesie in one scene.

It wouldn't surprise me if the NHL signed off on it, just happy for the major US network exposure.

Edited by Kel Varnsen