Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The Whistle

Damn, I thought Brandon would get fired for kissing his boss's girlfriend, not for refusing to fire his friend. What the hell is he going to do now? Luis is an idiot. If you're going to steal from the restaurant, then wait until the owner tells you to throw something out and take THAT.

Jada getting fired for stealing in the same episode was sad but man, that was such a stupid decision on her part. At the time, I didn't understand why she would go all the way to work and steal things you could buy at the drugstore. It's not worth losing your job over cotton pads and gauze.

I was dreading Emmett going out with Quentin, but it mostly turned out to be less drama filled than I thought it would be. I'm glad he couldn't make himself walk into the barbershop. No need to get in the middle of someone else's beef because people DO shoot the messenger sometimes.

Poor Sonny! I hope he's just knocked out, not shot dead.

• Love 5

Yeah, Jada getting fired was bad, but that was a bad call on her part. In general, people in this show have a serious tendency to make terrible choices, and then have to deal with the consequences. Like, really bad choices. Speaking of, Luis is an idiot, and while I get why he did it, it was still s super dumb thing, and I dont blame his boss for firing him. Him wanting to help his family is understandable, but his boss still has a business to run, and he cant let him just take his stuff. 

Thank God Emmett didn't go into the barbershop. He at least has a teeny bit of common sense. Dude, when a clearly sketchy guy says "hey, you wanna make some money?" you say "no thanks!" and move on! I do feel bad for him and can appreciate how he is trying to step up for his kid, but I hope this is a wake up call that he cant take care of his kid if he`s dead. 

The roller rink looked super fun! 

• Love 1

Am I the only one that cant stand Tracy.  She's the mom of the basketball player that was killed in the first episode. She is so rude to the guy that got shot because she sent him on wild chase to catch her sons killer, and then when he does what she asks, and get her sons phone, she acts as if she did no such thing.  I also am not becoming to fond of Brandon's ex girlfriend.  I get that you don't want to get wrapped up hood justice, however, just hear him out.  In my opinion, her behavior comes across as she wanted out of the relationship and used the gun as an excuse. 

I wish they did some back story on why Jake is being raised by his brother alone, like where are their parents.  He needs guidance and his brother is not a good example. 

Am I the only that cant tell if Andrea actually likes Kevin, who is beyond cute.  I love Maisha too, she likes Kevin but he doesn't like her back.  And I felt so bad for her at the skating rink :-(

All in all, I love this show.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Zeebreezy said:

Am I the only that cant tell if Andrea actually likes Kevin, who is beyond cute.  I love Maisha too, she likes Kevin but he doesn't like her back.  And I felt so bad for her at the skating rink :-(

No, you're not alone and how funny is it that we're so invested in these little kids ' romantic lives?  I got especially tickled about Kevin sneaking the cologne because I just went thru that a few months ago with my own son.  Homey was sneaking and dousing himself in his dad's Gucci cologne.  Gucci, Y'all!  LOL at Papa saying "Someone smelling like my grandad."

I don't like Tracy either.  Or Jericka.  And I'm already mad at this chick showing up at Emmitt 's talking about she wants EJ back.  Girl, bye.

• Love 5

Alex Hibbert is really good. His performance as Kevin feels effortless.

I hate the way Kevin treated Maisha, though. That was awful.

I am surprised Ronnie's survived this long with that gunshot wound.

Next week looks interesting. 

• Love 2
On 2/27/2018 at 10:10 AM, tennisgurl said:

Yeah, Jada getting fired was bad, but that was a bad call on her part. In general, people in this show have a serious tendency to make terrible choices, and then have to deal with the consequences. Like, really bad choices. Speaking of, Luis is an idiot, and while I get why he did it, it was still s super dumb thing, and I dont blame his boss for firing him. Him wanting to help his family is understandable, but his boss still has a business to run, and he cant let him just take his stuff. 

Thank God Emmett didn't go into the barbershop. He at least has a teeny bit of common sense. Dude, when a clearly sketchy guy says "hey, you wanna make some money?" you say "no thanks!" and move on! I do feel bad for him and can appreciate how he is trying to step up for his kid, but I hope this is a wake up call that he cant take care of his kid if he`s dead. 

The roller rink looked super fun! 

What exactly happened in the barbershop?