Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E00: Unaired Pilot

Sherlock was announced as a single 60-minute drama production at the Edinburgh International Television Festival in August 2008, to be broadcast in Autumn 2009, with the intention of producing a full series should the pilot be successful. The BBC decided not to transmit the pilot, as is common industry practice, but commissioned three 90-minute episodes.

This is the 60 minute pilot.

• Love 1

I liked parts of the 60 minute pilot BETTER than what was aired; obviously it was tighter, but the big thing for me was Sherlock figured out pretty quickly it was a cabbie. It annoyed me in the 90 minute pilot that Sherlock fecking Holmes couldn't peg the murderer.  Obviously they had to scramble to stretch things out when the BBC went 'yeah, we changed our minds, we want 90 minutes' so I give the pilot a lot of leeway in that department but I just wanted Sherlock to be more...Sherlocky.

Also, I preferred the original Sally. I dunno, the original one seemed more like she genuinely worried about what Sherlock would wind up doing, whereas the one we have just comes across as smug and bitchy.

• Love 1

There were parts of this I liked better than what aired.  I liked that Sherlock went out to the cab and pretended to be drunk and that John could tell he was really in trouble.  A lot of it was the same but just filmed different. 

• Love 2

The pilot reminded me of Elementary-just in that it looked and felt like a BBC drama/crime show, with no flair, worse clothes ad locations(the college writing lab looked really cheap). It wasn't bad but it didn't grab your attention like the aired version. JMHO.

• Love 3