Type keyword(s) to search

S04: Jaclin: Paralegal

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

JACLIN

Jaclin grew up in a high-crime area in Indiana. When she was 17 years old, Jaclin was emancipated after becoming pregnant. When she lost her newborn a year later, she began to live recklessly, getting involved in drugs, and hanging around with the wrong crowd.

Ultimately, she decided to turn her life around and empower herself through education. She earned her undergraduate degree in criminal justice and plans to attend law school in order to become a federal attorney. Now, Jaclin is an outspoken, hard-working paralegal and handles many misdemeanor and felony cases.

Jaclin is used to associating with violent criminals and addicts and knows how to maintain their trust when working with them professionally. As a paralegal planning to attend law school, Jaclin believes this program will help her build a stronger connection to the clients she serves by understanding the process they must endure before they make it to her office. She knows her rights and the rights of those behind bars, and she is determined to see how the law translates into practice.

Given her ambition and passion for criminal law, Colonel Adger believes that Jaclin will take her investigation seriously, keeping an eye on both the inmates and the officers, making sure neither one is being taken advantage of by the system.

Anyone know anything about the "tragic accident" that killed her first child? She was vague and very stiff about it on the show. Also, I'm a therapist and I should know better than to give a treatment plan to someone I've only seen on TV, but she needs some counseling ASAP. She's got some serious grief and loss issues and she needs to address these if she is going to develop a healthy attachment to her daughter. Yikes.

• Love 3

I’m not sure, but I immediately thought about a story I recently read where the father fell asleep and accidentally smothered his baby. 

All I can think about is she should NEVER have gone in there with those nails. 

• Love 1
On 1/2/2018 at 6:07 PM, Whimsy said:

All I can think about is she should NEVER have gone in there with those nails. 

I think I am going to have nightmares from worrying that someone will attack her and try to rip them off of her fingers. 

• Love 1

Stephanie is getting a lot of hate in her board in relation to some comments she made about Jaclin, so I wanted to make a few comments about Jaclin’s behavior. First, when she was talking “tough”and acting like she would be willing to fight, it was obviously an act and there’s no way the inmates didn’t know that. She was just prancing around like a peacock but I didn’t believe her “toughness”for one minute. All she’s going to do is get herself jumped. Second, screaming at everyone at the top of her lungs to shut the fuck up is also not going to get her anywhere. I do tend to agree with Jaclin about the night time situation as I NEED to sleep, but I just think that was the wrong way to go about it. I just feel she’s calling too much attention to herself and she’s going to get hurt. She thinks she has experience due to her job, but she’s a paralegal. She types up things and hears about terrible things but she gets to go home at night and get away from it all. 

• Love 1

I've been to county jail in Ga. Female meltdowns/ bitch fits like hers are a daily common Occurrence.. Full of "I'm bad! You not gonna disrespect ME "hand waving screeching. Pfft. She fits in now.

Edited by Nancypants
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Apparently people (including me) have been posting a bunch of stuff about Jaclin on the Stephanie board.  I guess since they are so tied together in the fued with Swole it’s kinda hard to break up opinions.  However I have much respect for Jaclin and the way she handled herself at the end.  She knew full well that a full on prison brawl would have added time to the real inmates sentences.  It all could be avoided if she tapped out.   So she tapped out.

Honestly of the three women she is the only one who did what she was supposed to do.  

• Love 6

I found it interesting that when Jaclyn tapped out Stephanie was still trying to make it seem like Jaclyn was a problem in the pod.  It seemed more like Jaclyn was well liked enough in the pod that everyone was ready to back her up without her even asking for it.  Nate is the only other inmate I’ve seen get that same kind of support.  She may not have been Miss Polpular but it seems like she might’ve created some real relationships with these women.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens and gets said at the reunion.

Edited by Peper81
  • Love 6

Jaclin had some real good feedback about  the guards.  It was also nice to see that the Colonel took her notes seriously.  I am guessing he is more then aware that there is a problem with professionalism in his ranks.    

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, TheBadFatty said:

I haven't watched previous seasons...Do they ever get a chance afterward to talk to the guards they dealt with? If I was Jaclyn I would really want to do that.

I only watched the first two seasons and the guy in charge really didn’t take the notes too seriously.  I think it’s more like the Colonel holds a staff meeting and goes over the big bullet points and then calls the more problematic guards into his office “to talk”.  I doubt Jaclin will have any contact with the guard unless she comes to the aftershow and that is a big “If”.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TheBadFatty said:

I haven't watched previous seasons...Do they ever get a chance afterward to talk to the guards they dealt with? If I was Jaclyn I would really want to do that.

No. They talk to the sherif and I think one or two other people involved in the program from the beginning. They never talk to the guards and staff members that they dealt with on a day to day basis. They say it is to keep the program secret — the staff is not supposed to know that 60 Days In is the show being filmed.

• Love 1

I'm really confused about the death of Jaclyn's daughter. When I heard that she had been smothered in her parents bed I assumed she was a newborn or tiny infant. How does one not feel a 10 month old under them?!  At that age they're too big to not feel them underneath you.  I'm not saying they did something to her on purpose but I wonder if they had been drinking or something. It's just weird that they couldn't feel her when one of them rolled on top of her. 

• Useful 1