Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Waning Minute

Kiera crash lands her CPS flyer during a prisoner transport and is forced to work with her enemy captive in order to survive. In present day, the mystery of Kiera's murder is solved when Alec finds a way to recover the recording of her final moments from her CMR.

This episode was really poorly written. Quite juvenile, actually. I mean, we know Keira needed to make this journey but to have it play out in one episode in such a clumsy way was really disappointing. The show's always shown a lot of nuance in its characterisation and in explaining both how a society became this way and why people fought against it. But this was practically a bad internet blog about the !corporate sheeple!.

I simply do not buy that Keira wouldn't condemn both the Corporate Congress and Kagame for his actions rather than saying, "oh, Kagame had his reasons for destroying that settlement". Which we know was actually recruitment. This show has long been a complex social discussion but if it ever had any underlying theme it was that people do the wrong thing for the right reasons. To have this decision be the one were Keira goes, "yeah, maybe Kagame had a point" was bullshit. And 2077 Sadler was unbelievably out of character.

I liked the episode because it showed us things that exposition fairies couldn't explain. For instance, the morphine drip was a nice analogy for being asleep to what cause she was serving.

And now we know that her husband really did love her; many of us weren't sure.

It did a great job of showing the various viewpoints of the many factions, which I find to be representative of real factions today.

The problem I have with this season's episodes is that the time frame of the action needs to be more clear to the viewers. A few bits of text on the screen would do this without detracting from the story, IMO.

I would like to know where it was filmed.

• Love 1

Yeah, this episode didn't really make sense. Just because Curtis said something that reminded her of Jaworski's comment in what should have been a HUGE eye opening moment in the future. When could this crash have occurred in Kiera's future timeline? Kagame wasn't imprisoned yet. So, I would think the crash and gleaner colony destruction happened in 2075? This episode should have happened before the Somanto virus one and then have Kiera realize how corrupt and horrible her future is. Combine an experience in her past then a current day experience is a better order. I missed Carlos this week. This might be heresy but I'm not impressed with Amanda Tapping's directing. But on the up side, I am so on board with Garza+Kiera. Kierza? Next week looks good to me!

• Love 1

I'm confused. So Kagame sent Old Alec a bitten apple with his blood on it so Old Alec would know the settlement was harboring him and then would blow it up. And he did this so Sonya would come to Liber8. So basically Sonya was manipulated into joining this cause that she's super-gung ho for now. Is that right? And after these events, Kiera just went back to being pro Corporate Congress? That makes no sense. How would she not condemn the govt for killing all those people? And does she know Kagame orchestrated the whole thing?

(edited)

When could this crash have occurred in Kiera's future timeline? Kagame wasn't imprisoned yet. So, I would think the crash and gleaner colony destruction happened in 2075? This episode should have happened before the Somanto virus one and then have Kiera realize how corrupt and horrible her future is. Combine an experience in her past then a current day experience is a better order

I'm confused. So Kagame sent Old Alec a bitten apple with his blood on it so Old Alec would know the settlement was harboring him and then would blow it up. And he did this so Sonya would come to Liber8. So basically Sonya was manipulated into joining this cause that she's super-gung ho for now. Is that right? And after these events, Kiera just went back to being pro Corporate Congress? That makes no sense. How would she not condemn the govt for killing all those people? And does she know Kagame orchestrated the whole thing?

I too am confused about the order of things this season. We either need a timeline provided by the show creators or captions telling what year it is on screen. It's really too bad that the show might lose its audience and get canceled all for the want of a few numbers appearing at the bottom of the screen.

ETA: Here's a timeline, but it doesn't include this episode's events: http://continuum.wikia.com/wiki/Timelines

Edited by shapeshifter

I can't figure out if I actually enjoyed this episode. I liked certain aspects of it - finding out about the Gleaner community, getting a bit more insight into Sonya. But some of the shine was taken off Keira's awakening for me when she said Kagame "had his reasons" for outing the Gleaners for harboring him, thereby leading to the destruction of their community.

• Love 2

I'm a little confused about Keira's awakening, I thought it was the Coorporate Congress who destroyed the settlement but then it turned out to be Kagame, so how could that have made her see Kagame's intentions as less than horrific? For all the change that he wanted to achieve, his methods were as troubling as the ones from the Coorporate Congress. In the end, it doesn't give me hope that things will turn out for the better if his influence prevails and Liber8 wins the war.

I thought Curtis would free Alec but he didn't. I wonder what's his endgame. I also wonder about Keira's.