Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Troublemaker

When Miss Beadle is judged unable to control some of the rowdy, older boys in her class, Mrs. Oleson convinces the Walnut Grove school board to replace her with a firmer, male hand. But the new schoolmaster tries to bully his students into submission.

I went to Catholic school and eraser marks were a big deal. A simple cross through was okay but no erases. It's possible that there were crying fits over making errors. I've heard. I mean, at my age 47 (happy birthday yesterday) I do NOT get upset over simple typos. It's true. Yup.

Do you have the link/title to Charlotte Stewart's book?  I can see if my library has it.

ETA: Holy snot the mean teacher was played by Richard Basehart!  I guess all those years in that submarine on "Voyage at the Bottom of the Sea" made him snap, poor fellow.  No one tell Mystery Science Theater 3000's Gypsy.

Edited by EAG46
filling in details
  • Love 1

Yes, re Farmer Boys. The big boys kill the old teacher and the new teacher, who was a friend of the man killed, brings a whip to school and uses it. The new teacher was staying with the Wilders and Almanzo's dad gave him a heads up about the boys as well. Almanzo spends a bit of time worrying that his teacher is going to be killed.

On 12/26/2017 at 9:44 PM, EAG46 said:

Do you have the link/title to Charlotte Stewart's book?  I can see if my library has it.

ETA: Holy snot the mean teacher was played by Richard Basehart!  I guess all those years in that submarine on "Voyage at the Bottom of the Sea" made him snap, poor fellow.  No one tell Mystery Science Theater 3000's Gypsy.

https://www.amazon.com/Little-House-Hollywood-Hills-Becoming/dp/159393906X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514909973&sr=8-1&keywords=Charlotte+Stewart

My library doesn't have it so I ordered it on the Chapters/Indigo booksite.

Hopefully it was worth it!