Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: House of Lords

Gamble vents to Janet and Jackie about her frustrations with Gina. The ladies also debrief on new girl Venus. Later, Janet meets with hotelier and Melbourne socialite Sally Bloomfield who is interested in stocking Janet’s tea in her boutique hotel and wellness centre in Bali. The two hit it off and Janet invites her to meet the rest of the ladies and her cocktail party. Gamble causes a stir at Janet’s party with her carefully planned gift, which manages to offend Venus and her husband James.

Janet discussing Gamble having conflict with Gina: “I hope she hasn’t bitten off more than she can chew because she better chew like crazy”. Ha ha ha ha ha!

Love Janet working with her son Jake raising money for burn victims hrough their tea line. He has done so well after suffering such horrific burns.

Sally: seems promising. Very sad about being a widow, especially her sons losing their father at such young ages.

Venus: ‘aristocratical’ is not a word. Getting so worked up over Gamble’s title purchase for Janet and her partner seemed over the top. Producer interference anyone? I did love Gamble referring to Venus’ husband as Lord Batshit! I like the idea of a husband defending his wife, but not when it’s a case of just getting involved in a catty disagreement between women. Keep out Lord Whoever You Are.

I think Gamble needs to be my sister.... I love her but I want to shake her in frustration! She even admits that the flowers were a fuck you! Her own worst enemy! Let me shake you! I wish I was there to shut Gina down in her revisionist history of her friendship with Gamble. I expect a barrister (and I know a few very clever barristers) to be able to argue a point waaaaay better than she was during that discussion with Gamble. You could see that Gamble was getting frustrated and didn’t follow up on her own line of argument as there was no point.... Gina was being irrational and just throwing out shit hoping it would stick.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Had to laugh at "you can't just BUY a lordship", "how did your husband get his?", "his grandfather bought it for him...". I kind of get where Venus was coming from, but she went way off the deep end and over the top with it, particularly when her and His Lordship started getting nasty with Gamble and Rick.

I do feel sorry for Gamble, but I can't help but think something's snapped in her head since last season. Definitely a different personality coming out these days.

I like Sally, can't say the same for Venus. I gave up on her during that fake bit with her husband going for a run and arching her back so we could see nothing but the twins...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 12/15/2017 at 4:13 AM, ivanp91 said:

Had to laugh at "you can't just BUY a lordship", "how did your husband get his?", "his grandfather bought it for him...". I kind of get where Venus was coming from, but she went way off the deep end and over the top with it, particularly when her and His Lordship started getting nasty with Gamble and Rick.

Seriously. They have first seasonitis and are thirsty for screentime. It was so desperate. 

On 12/13/2017 at 5:08 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

I expect a barrister (and I know a few very clever barristers) to be able to argue a point waaaaay better than she was during that discussion with Gamble. You could see that Gamble was getting frustrated and didn’t follow up on her own line of argument as there was no point.... Gina was being irrational and just throwing out shit hoping it would stick.

Comparing showing up uninvited to her father's funeral with being invited to a dinner/filming opportunity was completely ridiculous. As for not ownimg what was said in her column, even if you didn't actually write it it's still under your byline!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 12/13/2017 at 3:36 AM, ivanp91 said:

That scene between Lydia and her husband in the kitchen felt like they were trying their hardest to rip off Lisa and David Oldfield.

Tryhards.  Lydia stays irrelevant.  But always seems to think anyone gives a fuck about what she has to say.  Especially when her THs imply salacious material and it's rarely more than a dog fart (gross, but not that big of a deal).

Janet's son is looking fantastic!  He's so adorable!  And I'm loving his tea line with Janet and how involved he is in their charity.

Gamble thinks Venus is a moron, obvs.  Otherwise, why do her little "joke"?  Gamble's jealousy over Gina and Venus came out in quite an asshole way.  I don't think there'll be a complete pile-on Gamble this season, but people will definitely take sides.  And Gina is terrible at arguing, but seems competent because everyone else is even worse.

Sally seems interesting.  IDK if I'd be up for doing a show like this only six months after my husband's death, though.  

I´m sorry but Venus is seriously unattractive. She´s also scary with that huge mouth/lips and contacts. I can´t decide what to think about her personality because I only see the weird non-human look she has and then she keeps talking about how beautiful she is etc.