Type keyword(s) to search

Alexis Carrington: Desperate Former Housewife

Bort

1 hour ago, SlovakPrincess said:

As for Alexis speculation ... nobody can really fill Joan Collins' shoes, but I agree that Elizabeth Hurley would have the right attitude and charm to pull it off.  It might also be fun to have one of the Fallon actresses from the 80s play Alexis - Emma Samms might be able to do it if she really embraced the joyful bitchiness of the role.  

I don’t know about Emma Samms. I just saw Delirious the other day — hadn’t seen it in years — which is a satire of soap operas where Samms’s character was the bitch, and she did not pull it off. 

Elizabeth Hurley would be good. I think someone else floated Melinda Clarke as an idea, she would totally sell that. 

I had a thought that Josh Schwartz might call back an old alum of his and use Kelly Rowan. She had pretty decent acting chops and it would be interesting to "switch" the hair colors of Alexis and Cristal.

I also thought that Daphne Zuniga could be good. She can play cold-hearted bitch pretty well, and she's a CW Mom alum, too.

I can't hate this pick. She's gonna be hilarious. I can see her having been married to Grant's Blake.

I'm really interested to see what kind of mother she is to Steven and Fallon.

If the writing plays to her strengths, this should be a hoot.

• Love 1

Oh my god, she's fucking perfect and I didn't even think about her. I was thinking they were going to keep Alexis a brunette, but of course they're flipping her to a blonde.

I wonder if Nicolette will get to do a British accent?

And she's age appropriate for a first wife.

No kidding. I could have totally seen the CW insisting on passing off a woman in her late 30's as Blake's first wife.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
On 11/29/2017 at 6:48 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

If anyone doubts she can bring the shade... watch her as Edie Britt on DH.  She could shade the other women with a look, or just one word.  Cristal will be mincemeat.

And, earlier, as Paige Matheson on "Knots Landing."