Type keyword(s) to search

Vida

• Start Topic

I can' stand Vida. Even though she claims she has come to really love MJ's fiancee, Tommy, I don' believe her. She' full of s$$t and will be ready to pounce on Tommy when she feels the time is right. Vida is simply "keeping her enemy close."

• Love 2
On 11/24/2017 at 8:10 PM, Maharincess said:

I thought her name was Mercedeh, not Mercedes. 

Edited to say: No, I don't love her, I've never loved any abusive mother I've seen on tv. 

Where I live it's common for people to simplify or translate their name, e.g. Agnes for Agnieszka or John for Ioan & so on, especially if they work in retail or sales like Mercedes. When you deal with customers it can get annoying and time wasting to be asked the meaning and language of it and it's easier for people to remember or spell. 

On 11/25/2017 at 2:10 AM, Maharincess said:

I've never loved any abusive mother I've seen on tv

Vida is the only "abusive" mother I´ve seen on tv that I like. She can´t help being a bitch but I get the feeling that she tries to be good sometimes and wouldn´t purposefully do anything evil like say Kandi´s mother does on RHoA.

On 2/6/2018 at 11:42 AM, halkatla said:

Vida is the only "abusive" mother I´ve seen on tv that I like. She can´t help being a bitch but I get the feeling that she tries to be good sometimes and wouldn´t purposefully do anything evil like say Kandi´s mother does on RHoA.

Vida is awful in way that Mama Joyce isn't. Joyce's problem is she is needlessly self-interested and that's why she worked to split up Kandi and Todd and Kandi and AJ. Vida abandoned Mercedes because the man in her life didn't want her kid around. And when we've seen Vida and Mercedes together, Vida takes every opportunity to denigrate Mercedes. Vida in many ways is waaaaay worse than Joyce. Mercedes has terrible self-esteem issues because of her horrible mother. Vida also established a pattern that Mercedes is only now breaking with Tommy. So many of the people Mercedes chooses in her life ultimately betray and hurt her--Vida, Reza, Sammy, Asa. Except for Asa, Mercedes always lets them back in. This is a pattern that she's learned from her relationship with her awful mother.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7

I have to disagree, Joyce is way more horrible than Vida. We´ve seen too much of her evilness to try to claim otherwise. Kandi has always managed to fund her mother (and doesn´t say anything when she´s walked all over, lied to, stolen from etc) and has never broken out of the control, she became successful so it seems like her self-esteem isn´t as damaged, but that´s down to her personality, it doesn´t change how vile and awful her mother is.

But you make some good points about Vida being more abusive than I realized, I just found her nagging quite funny at times. Always have felt for MJ though when Vida was being mean. They´re both damaged. I think Vida liked the fact that Tommy isn´t afraid of her.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 4
(edited)
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:13 AM, halkatla said:

I have to disagree, Joyce is way more horrible than Vida. We´ve seen too much of her evilness to try to claim otherwise. Kandi has always managed to fund her mother (and doesn´t say anything when she´s walked all over, lied to, stolen from etc) and has never broken out of the control, she became successful so it seems like her self-esteem isn´t as damaged, but that´s down to her personality, it doesn´t change how vile and awful her mother is.

But you make some good points about Vida being more abusive than I realized, I just found her nagging quite funny at times. Always have felt for MJ though when Vida was being mean. They´re both damaged. I think Vida liked the fact that Tommy isn´t afraid of her.

I know she does.

She threw the same crap at him that she's thrown at every one of MJs boyfriends and he didn't flinch. He stood up to her for himself and MJ. He's firm but loving with Vida and MJ and will call them on their BS. That strength counts with her.

Edited by Giselle
apostrophe had a mind of its own
  • Love 6