Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: A New Lease On Life

That line about the couch is one of my favorites of the episode. It always cracks me up, how Sean drawls it, "Every time you describe that sofa, you add another thousand dollars." LOL.

That, and the Jack and Karen first-time meet, and the "Garlic Jazz!" are my favorites of this episode.

I don't think it's totally strange of Grace to suggest moving in with Will, given that he clearly doesn't mind it, since he allowed Jack to move in with him. But the way she kept pushing seemed weird, and Will's behavior turning her down and then changing her mind and giving her a hard time about it after she'd already signed another lease elsewhere... love you, but whatever, Will. (LOL.)

• Love 2

Also... Tara and Kevin, thank you both for saying what you did about the exhaustion of moving and how crazy it would be for Grace to make that decision to go to Will's the day she moved. As someone who just moved in September, I can relate big time to how exhausting it is, and after that weekend, I didn't want to do much of anything. Even unpacking was exhausting after moving weekend, no matter how much I knew it needed to be done, I still had to do it in stages. LOL.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

Grace's tight budget requires her to consider moving to what Will apparently thinks is a terrifying, lawless slum.

View the full article

I don't want to be That Guy, so I'll just imagine that this episode was recorded some time ago, and that's why Kevin still insists that the revival is not being written by any of the original writers, when this is in fact not the case.

I'm a little bemused, as someone who did watch the original run of the show, that Kevin thinks that Will is sort of abusive to Grace, and to wonder when this will change. The premise of the show, its dramatic tension (at least as the creators imagined it) comes from the co-dependence of W&G's relationship. This is absolutely clear by the end of the run (though I would argue that, being the show's premise, it's also clear from the first few episodes). Which is to say: don't hold your breath, Kevin. I think the show sees the toxicity of the relationship as a feature, not a bug.

• Love 1

I'm a little bemused, as someone who did watch the original run of the show, that Kevin thinks that Will is sort of abusive to Grace, and to wonder when this will change. The premise of the show, its dramatic tension (at least as the creators imagined it) comes from the co-dependence of W&G's relationship. This is absolutely clear by the end of the run (though I would argue that, being the show's premise, it's also clear from the first few episodes). Which is to say: don't hold your breath, Kevin. I think the show sees the toxicity of the relationship as a feature, not a bug.

I find it fascinating, if only because the show acknowledges just how co-dependent Will & Grace are at times, and how toxic things can get.  Usually they will have some big fight where they point this out, followed by some episodes where they don't speak, and then things reset to the status quo.  I mean, I couldn't imagine being married to either of them. 

I did like that Conan had on Sandra Bernhard given she shows up at some point when Will and Grace accidentally buy her place for *gasp* $1,000,000.00!  Foreshadowing? 

I also thought Kevin's point about Jack being dressed in way that desexualizes him was an interesting idea.   

Edited by txhorns79
4 hours ago, Corgi-ears said:

I don't want to be That Guy, so I'll just imagine that this episode was recorded some time ago, and that's why Kevin still insists that the revival is not being written by any of the original writers, when this is in fact not the case.

I'm pretty sure I've also said it seems like they got new writers for Season 9 because otherwise I'm concerned they're all suffering from some condition that's erased all their memories of the first eight seasons. Truly, I am shocked to learn old writers came back; you'd never know it from the retread storylines we've been getting.

On 11/17/2017 at 0:31 PM, Tara Ariano said:

I'm pretty sure I've also said it seems like they got new writers for Season 9 because otherwise I'm concerned they're all suffering from some condition that's erased all their memories of the first eight seasons. Truly, I am shocked to learn old writers came back; you'd never know it from the retread storylines we've been getting.

One woman's retread is another's continuity.

• Love 1