Type keyword(s) to search

Fresh Off the Role: Cast & Crew’s Other Projects

Randall Park and Ali Wong to star in Always Be My Maybe

Keanu Reeves, Daniel Dae Kim, Michelle Buteau, Vivian Bang, Karan Soni (Deadpool 2), Charlyne Yi (Paper Heart), James Saito, Lyrics Born, and Susan Park (Vice Principals) have also been cast in the movie. The movie was written by Ali Wong, Russell Park, and Michael Golemco. It will be directed by Nahnatchka Khan (also from Fresh Off the Boat).

The film follows childhood sweethearts who have a falling out and don’t speak for 15 years. They reconnect as adults when Sasha, now a celebrity chef opening a restaurant in San Francisco, runs into Marcus, a happily struggling musician still living at home working for his dad.

17 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Constance Wu, Awkwafina, Ken Jeong, Michelle Yeoh, & Henry Golding discuss Crazy Rich Asians:

I saw the movie and absolutely loved it (book is fantastic as well). Can’t wait to go see it again. Constance really shined in the lead role as Rachel and Awkwafina was so hilarious. Definitely recommend!

• Love 4
On 8/17/2018 at 2:53 PM, Camera One said:

I've seen a few clips and all I could think of was Jessica, which is not a good thing.  I'm hoping that changes when watching the actual movie as a whole.

At the start of the movie, I was startled to hear her speaking voice because it was very different from Jessica's and a little off-putting. It makes sense that she would exaggerate the voice on the show to fit her character and maybe to seem a little older since Randall is older and she is playing a mother to 3 children. I guess her real voice is higher. But after the initial surprise of her sounding different and thinking about it in the early scenes, I got used to her voice and stopped thinking of her as Jessica. Hopefully you will, too. I enjoyed the movie. 

• Love 2