Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E04: The Big Empty

Diane
  • Start Topic

On 11/2/2017 at 8:07 PM, Katy M said:

I don't think talking to a dead person look alike would be all that cathartic, but I've  obviously never tried it so what do I know.  NIce to see a nice shapeshifter.  And apparently shapeshifters can't recognize each other as such.  That's interesting to know.

I could see it being cathartic. People talk about having dreams of loved ones and finding closure. 

On 11/2/2017 at 8:12 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I think he means to be good, and he's honest about trying, but we will see him slip to the evil side at some point because TV shows never deviate from the typical tropes. 

Agreed. 

On 11/2/2017 at 8:17 PM, Katy M said:

I knew what else I wanted to say.  If some psycho tells you that you have to kill someone else, or he will kill you and he is offering you a gun to do the killing, you say "sure," and then you shoot him.  Unless she was supposed to kill them some other way.  I kind of got the feeling if she said yes, he was just going to hand her the gun.  Making them both idiots.

Wise words, Katy M. Wise words.

On 11/2/2017 at 8:23 PM, Katy M said:

I don't know what was up with the voice, but, honestly, I thought Misha did a really good job of creating a character we haven't seen before.  And he's played Cas, Jimmy, Lucifer, SuperLeviathan, and Crazy Cas.  So, probably not easy to come up with something different.

Yep, Azazel is there.  He said every angel and demon who died.  So, Azazel, Alistair, Crowley, Zachariah, Raphael, GAbriel, Azazel's son, Rachel, Hester, Hannah, Meg, Ruby, Ramael, Dagon, accountant angel, suicide demon.  Oh, the missed opportunity for at least a couple of them to be woken up by all that noise.

I was internally yelling: GO WAKE UP GABRIEL. 😆

I actually liked the Big Empty and the EmptyCas. I agree. The character felt really distinct.

On 11/2/2017 at 8:36 PM, catrox14 said:

Except there was no reason WHY Mary did that. I mean that isn't a relationship. That is communication. Sam's attitude implied there was so much more happening there between Dean and Mary than was ever shown. I mean how is it a measure of Dean being closer to Mary just because he FINALLY had  his say and yelled at her and kicked her out. I mean Sam could have had the same say.

That's what I don't get. I mean did Sam try to connect with her and was rebuffed? That's what I don't understand about this narrative shift. Did Mary reject him beyond her initial rejection of them both and it was never shown? I am honestly confused.

I feel as if the one thing all of this fandom can agree upon is that the writers didn't know what they fuck they were going on with the entire Mary storyline. Maybe I am wrong, but I am pretty much constantly saying: "what the fuck?"

On 11/2/2017 at 10:45 PM, catrox14 said:

Seriously, how did neither Sam nor Dean ping shapeshifter from the get go. I hate it when they are stupid at their jobs.

Right?

Sam and Dean: welp, it's either a ghost or a revenant.

Me: or a ghoul or  shapeshifter? Do the writers even watch this show?

On 11/3/2017 at 12:27 PM, Katy M said:

When The Big Empty was first mentioned by Billie in Form and Void, I wondered if that's where dead dead dead things went.  Angels, demons, vampires and whatever else killed by the Colt, and possibly Purgatory kills went.  So, I'm not that bothered by angels and demons going there after death.  I am annoyed by how easily Cas got out when Billie said "Nothing comes back from there."

I think this question has been raised multiple times and I was satisfied with the answer, actually.

On 11/3/2017 at 1:19 PM, catrox14 said:

His shitty line of "Yeah I've had a journal since I was a little girl" was utterly disgusting. Why would Dean even say those words? That's not him at all. Not even a grieving Dean would say that. I think they had to make Dean borderline hateful to make Sam and Jack as sympathetic as possible.

This show. Sigh. I just have to shut my eyes and pretend these garbage lines don't exist at this point.

On 11/3/2017 at 2:48 PM, Katy M said:

I don't think so.  In Monster Movie, the shifter took the form of a long dead actress as well as "Dracula."  And in Ask Jeeves, I think Olivia took the place of her mother's late husband, who died before she was born. We were specifically told that Leviathans needed some DNA to change shape.

SWEET DRACULA ON A MOPED. Still such a great episode.

On 12/6/2017 at 8:17 PM, DittyDotDot said:

I think they've both always been pretty grossed out by the gooey leftovers in the past. Seems like there's always been a certain level of gross to their reactions, anyway.

For all its inconsistencies, I am glad the show has kept the shifter grossout factor (Bloodlines didn't exist. It was all a dreeeeam). The chunk of hairy, bloody flesh was masterful. Points again to the props and make up departments. They really bring the yuck.

On 5/27/2018 at 3:29 PM, Katy M said:

The shifter in Monster Movie most definitely did not have DNA from the movie poster Lucy.  And, the baby shifter in 2 1/2 men most definitely did not have DNA from the baby on the diaper box.

This was what I was thinking about. The baby on the box.

I already ranted about what they are doing with the guys and I just don't want to do it back to back. I really liked the shifter therapist concept. I like the shifters in general, so this episode put me in a better mood.

• Love 1