Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Pop-Up Beauty

At least John is gone, I wish they had made it a double elimination & got rid of Sandy too.

How long can Tyme be out of the competition & still return? It's not really fair to the rest of the contestants.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GaT said:

At least John is gone, I wish they had made it a double elimination & got rid of Sandy too.

How long can Tyme be out of the competition & still return? It's not really fair to the rest of the contestants.

I was hoping for a double, or triple, elimination, since I don't like Corey either. He's too whiny. 

Jonny's over-the-top schtick had me howling with laughter. But hey, the judges liked that he pushed for attention. 

• Love 1

I would have been fine with a triple elimination too. I know that not every transformation requires a haircut, but I felt like aside from the braid he did on one girl, he didn't do a whole lot for the other two makeover clients. The one who was shown on the runway had her hair pulled back in the before picture so the after look was very

Sandy and John both should have gone home because they both failed miserably at this challenge. John didn't do shit. He just danced around and acted like an idiot. On top of that, he was the one who said neither he nor Sandy should even attempt to do makeup on any of their clients.

Sandy at least did hair on the clients so he should get credit for participating in the challenge, but he did terrible hair on all three clients. HE also deserved to go home for telling the judges that he would go home since no one liked him. What a whiny quitter! He was also a complete dick to Jonny. Sure, he's annoying but it's not like he pushed Tyme down a flight of stairs to get this opportunity. Did Sandy expect him to tell the producers, "No, thanks. I don't really want to be on tv so I'll just sit this one out and you can send Tyme home"?

Yes, it sucks that there was a team with two hairstylists/no makeup artists so they were at a disadvantage, but Sandy had a makeup kit which means he had the tools and some minimal skill at using them (I would assume) but he chose not to use them. Why would you choose not to do half the challenge?

I feel for Tyme but it's also unfair for her to be allowed to stay in the competition if she isn't actually participating in the challenge.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I feel for Tyme but it's also unfair for her to be allowed to stay in the competition if she isn't actually participating in the challenge.

I don't think it's fair either to let a contestant recover from illness and miss out on challenges. 

It sucks to be that person, but you can always come back the following season. Although I don't know if this show will get a second season.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1

Hahaha, good point - I don't think this show will get a second season. 

I know the timeline for shooting is different from what we see (meaning this challenge probably took place the day after Tyme fell so they didn't want to cut her while she was getting checked out by the doctors) but she needs to be eliminated if she can't do the next challenge. There have been plenty of reality show contestants who have had to leave due to injury or illness. That's the only fair thing to do. 

• Love 3

If they were going to have an episode where they paired up hair and make-up artists, they should have ensured they eliminated them equally, or else changed the challenge.  I think it was unfair for them to have two hair stylists and then be expected to do hair and make up.  That said, John deserved to go for insisting so hard that they don't do make-up.

I hate that they ask who should win/who should go home on these shows.  They asked John, and it was clear that it was between him and Sandy to go home.  So he says "I don't want to go home" which really did answer the question because obviously that means Sandy.  Then when he finally says Sandy, they all freak out that he's throwing his teammate under the bus.  I don't see that there's any answer he could have given that would have been enough for the judges.

Really unfair that Tyme is still in the competition.  It sucks she got hurt, but if you miss a challenge, you shouldn't be able to continue on.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Hahaha, good point - I don't think this show will get a second season. 

I know the timeline for shooting is different from what we see (meaning this challenge probably took place the day after Tyme fell so they didn't want to cut her while she was getting checked out by the doctors) but she needs to be eliminated if she can't do the next challenge. There have been plenty of reality show contestants who have had to leave due to injury or illness. That's the only fair thing to do. 

You're right about when they film these seasons. But I don't know. This is the same channel as Growing Up Supermodel and Lifetime quickly shut that show down.

Oh, Jonny and I follow each other on Twitter now. I'd love to see more Jonny. I was crying laughing last night because of him.

Surprised to see my friend Paula as one of the make-over victims of "Team No Filter." They didn't show her interview, but they did show her before/after photo in the judging segment.  Only difference I saw was her beautiful smile in the after photo and her hair had been fluffed up.

Edited by Omega Mu
On 10/13/2017 at 1:06 PM, Surrealist said:

I don't think it's fair either to let a contestant recover from illness and miss out on challenges. 

It sucks to be that person, but you can always come back the following season. Although I don't know if this show will get a second season.

I totally agree, especially in this case where we otherwise wouldn't have been subjected to the weird-ass annoying stand-in!