Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Espirit de Corps

Drogo

Nora and Gallo look for more information about the escaped prisoner from Somalia; a demo mission is performed for Ian's mother, a powerful public figure; Jess struggles to work through her feelings.

I am enjoying this show quite a bit, particularly in light of the fact I've never been a real big fan of military dramas (A Few Good Men excepted, of course). The only real weak link is the CIA agent woman, who suffers from a case of bad writing (her character's lack of professionalism was called out quite a bit- rightly so- last week, and continues this week), and some subpar acting. Plus, all this telegraphing of her inevitable hookup with Nora's boyfriend Ian is getting a bit old.

Otherwise, I think it's intriguing. The mystery and personal stories picked up a bit, and there were some real helicopter shots this week (only one that I think was CG), so hopefully that takes care of the critics complaints of "low production values." (Although it looks like the ratings were even lower this week, alas.)

• Love 1

Totally agree about the CIA woman.  Her character and aggressive behavior just doesn't seem realistic to me.  And is her conversations with Ian supposed to highlight sexual harassment, flipped around?  She keeps making really inappropriate comments to him.  I don't like it!

Also, the character of Jess, just doesn't make sense to me.  I get that her husband going missing is hard, but her character acts like she does NOT UNDERSTAND the situation at all?  How can she be married to someone in the Army and not understand things being classified, needing need-to-know, and that bad things can happen?  She's acting like she had no idea her husband was in the military and suddenly he's gone and she's like "WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME??"  It makes no sense!  Especially since they have kids that aren't THAT young, so she's been with him for a while.  I get being MAD at the situation, but she should at least understand the situation by this point, right??

I'm intrigued by the story.  I'll keep watching for now.  I'm liking SEAL Team better though.

After month of captivity those trimmed beards grow but stop on the prisoners and someone is cutting the hair, perhaps the Captain should go see him.. I can't believe a Delta Force operator is sitting there telling the aircrew that the helicopter can take more weight. It was a failure of helicopters  which makes Delta a household name in America. Still the pilot is maxim model hot and videos of her is enough to turn the station on and play the show as background noise.

Edited by Raja

How does an Aviator get a Special Forces CSIB and regimentally affiliated with the Special Forces, without actually earning the SF tab? And then the Captain said about the Delta Sergeant, "I got the promotion he wanted." How does this compute, really? One is an officer and aviator and one is an enlisted special operator. Their careers are completely on different paths.

• Love 1

I guess not being qualified to comment on the military aspects of this show is a big help when it comes to enjoying it. But I do like shows with helicopters and since 'Airwolf' seems to be the lonely 80's show not getting a reboot I'll take this. Of course everybody is ridiculously good looking, of course female characters (even soldiers) sleep in full make-up, it's on the CW. But I like what looks like the on-going mystery and the two leads conundrum of having to figure out what's going on before coming clean. I also think they've got good chemistry even though they pushed it too hard, too fast with the make-out session (again it's on the CW - particularly jarring was the music choice 'Future starts slow' is Shaw's song). The really weak link in the whole show though is CIA lady and that can't be stressed enough. She is too young to be in charge of such an important mission but that's nothing compared to her outrageous behavior towards Porter. It's beyond cringe-worthy and whoever writes her lines seems absolutely clueless. I feel embarrassed for the actors.

• Love 3