Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Escape from Zona

raven

Zona has gone to shit -- and Murphy and Warren barely make it off the island, as everyone is going fully on crazy and feral due to impurities in Murphy's blood that tainted the vaccine.

Lucy has been kidnapped by one of the few remaining Zona troopers -- boy will he be disappointed when he finds out that he is taking orders from no one.

Lucy and Addie get separated, and Addie has a nice new facial scar courtesy of 10K.

Red and the rest of the camp have up and disappeared like a fart in the wind.

Doc, 10K and the soldiers get ambushed and the sergeant is mercied but turns into an unstoppable Z.

Still no sign of Citizen Z or Uncle or Kaya or pup ..... or the baby.

1 hour ago, piequinn35 said:

What happened to the unstoppable Z I thought Lucy would control him to help her get away. That was funny shooting the Z back and forth. Some people just disappeared huh.

Last we saw of the undead Sgt. Czarnecki was him receding in the distance after the Newmerica crew (Doc / 10K / Henry Rollins / 'Sarge') retreated, jumped in a truck, and headed back to camp. 

Czarnecki was still chasing the truck, though, so there's probably decent odds he'll pop up at the camp.

Shooting that unstoppable Z back and forth was funny as hell.  It's moments like that, that are why I love this show!  Who knows, maybe the cheese wheel might show up again.

Roberta reminds me of Tina Turner in that getup.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

It looked to me like she got shot with a dart. Was 10K not using actual bullets in his gun?

The bullet sliced down Addie's cheek, and Addie can thank her eyepatch she's still alive - literally.  That eyepatch is the only reason 10K's round didn't result in a killshot.  

Addie was shooting right-handed (like most people do), but with her right eye gone Addie was stretching her neck WAY over to the right over the rifle butt so her remaining good left eye could sight down the scope.  

If Addie had sighted through the scope right-eyed her head would necessarily have been about 3" more to the left.  

The positional change would have resulted in 10K's shot going squarely through or directly under Addie's left eye and turning her brain into guacamole, instead of a glancing cheek wound.

God bless you, Funky Eyepatch.

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I was confused by Addie telling Lucy to go without her - why?  She wasn't fatally injured and the soldier was in the room and cuffed Lucy anyway.  I would have thought Addie would have taken advantage of the situation to get away from the soldiers.  I know they communicate telepathically, but it was just an odd sequence to me.

Murphy had some good lines and yeah, everyone disappearing is mysterious but this one felt kind of flat, I don't know why.  The Founder talked about a reset (alternate reality or something, is that where people are disappearing to?) so I still wonder about Warren's visions and if they're memories.

Czarnecki's dying took way too long but everyone's reactions to him not staying dead was funny.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, raven said:

The Founder talked about a reset (alternate reality or something, is that where people are disappearing to?) so I still wonder about Warren's visions and if they're memories.

The Founder's "reset", by all indications, is much more prosaic than an alternate reality; something more along the lines of air-striking the mainland with an aerosol chemical compound designed to kill Zs.

• Love 1

Maybe The Founder is planning to nuke the rest of the planet to get rid of all the zombies. I think it's a terrible idea that won't even take out all the zombies, but that Founder seems crazy enough to try it. That might be why Warren is getting visions of everything burning?

• Love 1