Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Arianna

I found this girl to be incredibly frustrating. Yes, Maurice could have stepped up more while she was pregnant but for most of their interactions, he was downright pleasant! I feel that she wanted to show out and have him give her this big drawn out apology for HERSELF and not for his treatment of his son. I also don't think that she can withhold visitation for an apology and diapers and I was hoping against hope during the entire show that he would go right on down to the court house to set a custody schedule.

• Love 1

It's true -- it's not like she was wrong to hold him to account, but she should have either not spent time with him or else accepted that he can't change the past and quit bringing it up.

It's true -- it's not like she was wrong to hold him to account, but she should have either not spent time with him or else accepted that he can't change the past and quit bringing it up.

(edited)

I found myself wondering if she was projecting her anger at her own dad onto Maurice. No, he wasn't perfect by a long shot, but the frequent demands to apologize - and to apologize only in a specific Arianna-endorsed way - felt like she wanted the apology to come from her own dad for abandoning her. That was some "Caroline Manzo demanding Teresa apologize but then getting mad at her for apologizing" shit right there.

Edited by Lilit
  • Love 1

I feel that she wanted to show out and have him give her this big drawn out apology for HERSELF and not for his treatment of his son.

Exactly. Just as Maurice was saying one thing and doing another, Arianna kept claiming that her top priority was for her son to have two parents involved, but her actions didn't serve that goal. Maurice's failure to apologize is a good reason not to get back together with him, but it is NOT a good reason (or a legal reason) to keep him away from his son. I'm 100% in agreement with her as to everything Maurice did wrong, and the fact that those failures were inexcusable, but he's that kid's only father whether he ever apologizes or not. Arianna has to take him as he is; the time for vetting his quality as a dad was BEFORE deciding to parent their child. I will give Maurice a few points for being far more connected to his newborn than a lot of young dads. He actually seemed to relate to the baby in a way that a lot of guys don't.

(edited)

I don't know how to quote, but I completely agree about Maurice's seemingly instant connection with Aide. I was extremely impressed (which says a lot about the low bar that this show sets). I was expecting a fight when Arianna told him to go make a bottle and was surprised to see him make the bottle with no fuss.

I also agree that no apology will ever be good enough for her unless she wrote it down herself and had him repeat it. Maurice was quite mature to apologize to her at the end of the show as I was expecting yet another fight. I can completely see that she was maybe looking for that apology that she will never receive from her father, but that child's well-being should be her number one priority. I don't know why I expect reason from teenagers, however.

Also there's this fun tidbit : http://www.teenmomjunkies.com/16-and-pregnant-2/exclusive-information-arianna-michelle-hazel/

Edited by dreamkiller

ehhhhh they both got on my nerves.  I was actually completely and totally on her side for most of the episode, even after she kicked him out of the hospital (I blamed it on hormones!) but she just kept on nagging and nagging and nagging.  Have you all read the comments on facebook though?  Those people get really nasty.  If you aren't an arianna fan you should go read those.  You'll get a kick out of them!!

Is there a reason she couldn't set up a bed(airbed even!) in the living room or sleep on the couch at her grandmas? I have a friend who lives in a 2 bedroom apt. with 3 kids and her son sectioned off a part of the living room/dining room area as a "bedroom".

On a side note, I fully expect 50% of the male population to have some form of the name "Aiden" within the next 20 years. It's apparently the new Jennifer.

Is there a reason she couldn't set up a bed(airbed even!) in the living room or sleep on the couch at her grandmas?.

Right?! And I know that they could afford an air mattress if they could buy all the baby things. It wouldn't be a very nice air bed, but an air bed nonetheless. Anything than to keep your grandma up all night with the baby! Her grandmother must have been a saint.

I thought the same thing about an air mattress. I've slept on them plenty of times while moving in or out of places or while I was visiting someone. I slept just fine and I'm sure as tired as she was from getting up with the baby she could probably sleep on the bare floor and not care.

I found myself wondering if she was projecting her anger at her own dad onto Maurice. No, he wasn't perfect by a long shot, but the frequent demands to apologize - and to apologize only in a specific Arianna-endorsed way - felt like she wanted the apology to come from her own dad for abandoning her. That was some "Caroline Manzo demanding Teresa apologize but then getting mad at her for apologizing" shit right there.

I agree 100%! No apology from Maurice will ever be good enough because who she really wants an apology from is her father. "Little Miss Artsy" is putting all her daddy issues on Maurice. Also, why was she considered artsy? Because she put some shitty dye in her hair?