Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Trading Stories

The Small Talk topic is for:
•    Introductions
•    Off-topic chatter
•    Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
1    Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
2    Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
3    If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):
•    Character topics
•    Episode topics
•    Season topics
•    Spoiler topics
•    Speculation topics
•    In the Media topics
•    Favourite X topics
•    ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

18 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

Does anyone remember when we discussed this program on TWoP and had competitions for clever thread titles?

And the banner ads.  I remember one audio banner ad that was "Crying Pam" listing prime numbers.

I was extremely sick during TOS and didn't pay close attention, but am a lot more interested now. Does anyone have any old episodes they recorded and can share? I don't think the current DVRs and PVRs allow you to store the shows on an external drive.

On 3/31/2019 at 9:23 AM, aquarian1 said:

With Trading Spaces and While You Were Out being on the air again, I find myself missing Surprise By Design.  Anyone else remember that show?  

Yesss!

Which probably means I'm old AND nostalgic.

• Love 2

Talking to myself, no big deal, do it in real life too. Had a thought about the original Trading Spaces versus the new version. When the show first aired, I had an old tv that was not HDTV. I didn't notice a lot of the uneven paint jobs, or weird looking walls.  It's much more noticeable now that my old tv is gone, replaced with HDTV.

• Love 3

Amazon Prime has one season of Australian Changing Rooms, which is like Trading Spaces/UK Changing Rooms gone big, with budget to match. Instead of two days, one room and $1-2K, it’s five days, three rooms, and AU$20K (~US$15K), so they can really do quality makeovers with things like new kitchen counters, bathroom tiling (done by pros) and fixtures, appliances, buying furniture, and using less MDF for construction. It still has the homemade crafts/art, sewing projects, send the participants off to buy something at a second-hand store stuff, but the designers are more serious and less gimmicky with real money to spend. 

• Useful 4