Type keyword(s) to search

The Guest Book - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I actually very much liked the resolution to the houseguest story in this one. Memories of one grandma helping a grandson to memorialize another grandson across the globe.

(Parenthetically, the grandma described in the song at the end was exactly my grandma - from the booze to the cigs to the crying over tv shows to the "got the grandkid's back" thing. I loved it.)

Why did they have "murder medicine" at home?

Did anyone notice that the sausage seller was the woman singer and the lifeguard was the male part of the band?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

They didn't. Their nurse brought it to them.

6 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Did anyone notice that the sausage seller was the woman singer and the lifeguard was the male part of the band?

It was the same last season. The woman was a mail carrier and the man was an exterminator.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ZoqFotPik said:
17 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

They didn't. Their nurse brought it to them.

I phrased that badly. If it was "time" for Grandma, why was there murder medicine involved at all? Is that a standard thing in India?

5 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I phrased that badly. If it was "time" for Grandma, why was there murder medicine involved at all? Is that a standard thing in India?

Wait. Were they actually in India? I thought they said New Jersey at some point, furthering the joke about the "outsourced" customer support.

14 minutes ago, ae2 said:

Wait. Were they actually in India? I thought they said New Jersey at some point

Oh, man, if that's the case, then my mind is totally blown. I can see it.

But New Jersey or India, who gets left with murder medicine to inject into an older relative?

I'm pretty sure they were in India. The younger guy asked the Soup Guy if he wanted Burger King, Soup Guy said something about a masala chicken whopper. When nurse left, it looked dark outside, while it was still sunny at the guesthouse. Also, saying they are in the US, speaking with American accents, and using Anglo names is fairly common at Indian call centers. Regarding the drugs, the nurse said she was going to "accidentally" leave it behind, so I don't think it was legal. That said, using drugs, usually morphine, to ease the passage of terminally ill people is fairly common in healthcare.

• Love 2

That really felt like it should have been the season finale. I was thinking the episodes were reordered like the KKK episode last season, but they filmed the end tag that clearly takes place after all the other episodes. So, I was right, Vivian misread the paternity test. It was great to see the old group again. Kimberly and Andrew got married. The Homeless Guy was elected mayor. The Next episode seems like it is going to be very weird even for this show.

• Love 1
On 12/13/2018 at 7:23 AM, ZoqFotPik said:

That really felt like it should have been the season finale.

I thought it was! Season or Series (anyone know if it's been renewed?) finale. Until someone elsewhere said they were going to watch The Guest Book finale. So I checked and here it is. Odd ep for a finale, but it ended really well. Favorite part was the Great Escape of the Roomba!

• Love 3

I find this to be such a clever show!

Nearly all the episodes are charming, but my favorite two this season were:

1) The one wherein the little boy left to fend for himself wanders outside during Beacheroo fest and gets a whole new perspective on his young life, and...

2) The one with the MDMA party when the guest's grandfather, with his slow sepia-toned memories of America, shows up unannounced and decides to stay for the party even though his grandson admitted it was going to be a drug party. The grandfather reveals that he's lonely and dying, and "I'd like to try some of those drugs." I was afraid it was going to end badly with the old man having a heart attack or stroke while on ecstasy, but instead he just sat there and quietly stated: "So, this is the euphoria I've heard about. Yeah. I like this euphoria." 

I have virtually no interest in the drama of the locals in either season, except for the two bros in the VW bus and their sweet buddy comedy. :)

Edited by WelcomeStranger
A little more detail added