Type keyword(s) to search

Music in Friends

Does anyone think Friends needed more musical numbers? I mean the friends should have sung a little more often. One of my favorite scenes is when they sing together to get Marcel to come to Ross and then the monkey jumps on his back.

There was also the scene where Joey's moved out, and he and Chandler are moping to "All By Myself," while it's raining. It's raining for Chandler, at least--Joey's got one of those indoor waterfalls. They're not actually singing, but I love it anyway.

I enjoyed the ones where they break into impromptu singing (i.e. when putting together Rachel's resumes or the above-mentioned Odd Couple sing-along). But, I didn't need the group to sing any more than they did - there was also the one where Monica sings karaoke in the see-through shirt.

• Love 2
On 6/7/2017 at 3:37 PM, Madding crowd said:

I like the one where they all sing "Top of the World" together, then of course they all joined in on Smelly Cat :)

Great.  Thanks a bunch.  Now I have "Top of the World" stuck in my head!

I do like that part though, wasn't that when Ross was flailing on the balcony with the cat stuck to his head when they were inside singing?

• Love 1

Personally, I think singing is one of those things that they used well, but could have been overdone really easily.  

1 hour ago, deaja said:

Personally, I think singing is one of those things that they used well, but could have been overdone really easily.  

I actually just came across another episode in which the Friends sing: The One After the Superbowl. They sing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" to get Marcel's attention. I LOVE Joey's singing in that one.

• Love 1

Chrissie Hynde's version of "Angel of the Morning" is my favorite version of the song, other than Juice Newton's. I know it was on the soundtrack album of the show, but it seriously should have been a single. 

• Love 1