Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation

Oh, boy, I was just going through IMDb - I know, not the most reliable source of information - for who wrote what episode going forward, and it has episode seven, which was reported to be the only Mulder and Scully/hardly any dialogue episode, as having been written by Kristen Cloke (Melissa from The Field Where I Died, and Glen Morgan's wife).  If true, that's either going to be an embarrassing fail or an epic success.  I certainly hope she writes better than she acts, but she doesn't have much of a writing track record to judge - a couple episodes of some show of Glen's and being artistic director of a small theater company in the L.A. area I'm not familiar with.  That's a seriously big risk for her to have taken, so kudos, and I hope it pays off big time.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

I literally LOL'd and said "What?" at that point in the promo.  When are we NOT used to seeing Mulder at death's door?  Heh.

Seriously. I mean, you could rename the series into "Mulder at death's door" and it wouldn't be wrong. :D

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Bastet said:

Oh, boy, I was just going through IMDb - I know, not the most reliable source of information - for who wrote what episode going forward, and it has episode seven, which was reported to be the only Mulder and Scully/hardly any dialogue episode, as having been written by Kristen Cloke (Melissa from The Field Where I Died, and Glen Morgan's wife).  If true, that's either going to be an embarrassing fail or an epic success.  I certainly hope she writes better than she acts, but she doesn't have much of a writing track record to judge - a couple episodes of some show of Glen's and being artistic director of a small theater company in the L.A. area I'm not familiar with.  That's a seriously big risk for her to have taken, so kudos, and I hope it pays off big time.

It's written by her and another writer, Shannon Hamblin. I have a bit of faith there, given that Glen is the one who's directing it.

Episode 6 press release: https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/01/the-x-files-episode-1106-kitten-press.html

THE PAST CAN BE HAUNTING ON AN ALL-NEW "THE X-FILES" WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, ON FOX

Episode Written by Gabe Rotter and Directed by Carol Banker; Haley Joel Osment Guest-Stars

Skinner goes AWOL when his past comes back to haunt him. As Mulder and Scully try to track him down, their growing mistrust of him reaches its apex in the all-new "Kitten" episode of THE X-FILES airing Wednesday, Feb. 7 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (XF-1106) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: David Duchovny as Fox Mulder; Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully; Mitch Pileggi as Walter Skinner

Guest Cast: Haley Joel Osment as Davey James; Cory Rempel as young Walter Skinner, Jovan Nenadic as John "Kitten" James, Brendan Patrick Connor as Sherriff Mac Stenzler, James Pickens Jr. as Alvin Kersh, Jeremy Jones as Sergeant

• Love 1
2 hours ago, baileythedog said:

I'd say the headstone has something to do with something. More from Anne Simon:

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 2.01.47 PM.png

It's the perfect way to distract from continuity issues (CSM's trach hole / mask, etc.) and imply there's a complex alternate universe / dream plan. Doesn't work for me personally, but I'm sure plenty of CC loyalists will "bite". I'm not ruling out that the finale might pull a stunt like that in an attempt to salvage things / minimize damage, but at this point I don't see convincing evidence nor a purpose. If there's nothing that explicitly shows that certain episodes are an AU, and the details/purpose behind it, then it's all pretty much conjecture. And what about the people who like S11? Where are M&S from the original series? What's with William? Was S10 an AU as well? What's the point of the revival? Such questions have been brought up on Twitter in response to that same tweet.

Anne Simon is a good person. I know someone who has personally met her both during the S10 finale and S11 premiere. She's very intelligent, kind, and loves the show. But she has said things in the past that didn't turn out to be true. I am almost certain she is being told to say these things. So, if the AU stuff doesn't turn out to be true in the finale, or prior to it, I don't blame her at all.

BTW... "Plus One" is available, just like the previous two episodes, right now on German Amazon and iTunes. Shortly after midnight the episodes become available, two hours prior to the official airing. You asked me about this a few weeks ago when I mentioned it regarding the premiere. I had assumed at the time that it's the same in the US as well, but it seems to be a German thing only, and maybe in other European countries. Attached two screenshots for you, so you can see. I'm gonna watch live though instead of buying.

amazon.jpg

itunes.jpg

Edited by EUROTRASH
8 minutes ago, EUROTRASH said:

It's the perfect way to distract from continuity issues (CSM's trach hole / mask, etc.) and imply there's a complex alternate universe / dream plan. Doesn't work for me personally, but I'm sure plenty of CC loyalists will "bite". I'm not ruling out that the finale might pull a stunt like that in an attempt to salvage things / minimize damage, but at this point I don't see convincing evidence nor a purpose. If there's nothing that explicitly shows that certain episodes are an AU, and the details/purpose behind it, then it's all pretty much conjecture. And what about the people who like S11? Where are M&S from the original series? What's with William? Was S10 an AU as well? What's the point of the revival? Such questions have been brought up on Twitter in response to that same tweet.

Anne Simon is a good person. I know someone who has personally met her both during the S10 finale and S11 premiere. She's very intelligent, kind, and loves the show. But she has said things in the past that didn't turn out to be true. I am almost certain she is being told to say these things. So, if the AU stuff doesn't turn out to be true in the finale, or prior to it, I don't blame her at all.

BTW... "Plus One" is available, just like the previous two episodes, right now on German Amazon and iTunes. Shortly after midnight the episodes become available, two hours prior to the official premiere airing. You asked me about this a few weeks ago when I mentioned it regarding the premiere. I had assumed at the time that it's the same in the US as well, but it seems to be a German thing only, and maybe in other European countries. Attached two screenshots for you, so you can see. I'm gonna watch live though instead of buying.

amazon.jpg

itunes.jpg

It's the perfect way to distract from continuity issues (CSM's trach hole / mask, etc.) and imply there's a complex alternate universe / dream plan. Doesn't work for me personally, but I'm sure plenty of CC loyalists will "bite".

Bite on what? 10 episodes are in the can. They're all going to air, no matter what. They aren't going to make any more, no matter what. Watch them, don't watch them, who the fuck cares? 

And what about the people who like S11? Where are M&S from the original series? What's with William? Was S10 an AU as well? What's the point of the revival? Such questions have been brought up on Twitter in response to that same tweet.

It's like people have completely forgotten how to watch television that isn't binged all at once. 

BTW... "Plus One" is available, just like the previous two episodes, right now on German Amazon and iTunes. Shortly after midnight the episodes become available, two hours prior to the official premiere airing. You asked me about this a few weeks ago when I mentioned it regarding the premiere. I had assumed at the time that it's the same in the US as well, but it seems to be a German thing only, and maybe in other European countries. Attached two screenshots for you, so you can see. I'm gonna watch live though instead of buying.

No, this would never happen in the US (show appearing on platforms before the broadcast) unless it was done in error by the platforms or the avails sent to them were incorrect. Spent many years working in digital entertainment and know this as a fact. But that's great for Germany, I suppose, if not a bit abnormal for that to be happening in a foreign territory based on my experience. I'd be curious if those are dubbed or subbed versions or if they're just English language only. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, baileythedog said:

Bite on what? 10 episodes are in the can. They're all going to air, no matter what. They aren't going to make any more, no matter what. Watch them, don't watch them, who the fuck cares? 

It's like people have completely forgotten how to watch television that isn't binged all at once. 

No, this would never happen in the US (show appearing on platforms before the broadcast) unless it was done in error by the platforms or the avails sent to them were incorrect. Spent many years working in digital entertainment and know this as a fact. But that's great for Germany, I suppose, if not a bit abnormal for that to be happening in a foreign territory based on my experience. I'd be curious if those are dubbed or subbed versions or if they're just English language only. 

When I say "bite" I'm talking about loyalists/apologists who make excuses about every possible blunder and who, based on tweets such as these, will label everything that's controversial/problematic in S11 as "alternate universe" and/or part of a "grand plan". That's what I meant. I just commented on the tweet and what I think is the purpose behind it. I've said more than enough on the matter (S11 ratings, the revival's quality, success, etc.) in my previous lengthy reply to you (page 4). I think we can simply agree to disagree, or else we'd just be going in circles.

Re. broadcast: Yes, you are correct that if it were to happen in the US it would be due to error. I am aware of this, but I had assumed, at the time of the S11 premiere, that it was available in the US due to error as well. I think it's funny that they are available after midnight here though, like the error is related to the date. The system interprets that the US premiere date has "passed", and makes the episodes available a day later after the US premiere date, when in fact, due to different time zones, it's actually earlier, lol. And they may have German subtitles, I'm not sure, but they're definitely not dubbed. S11 premieres in Germany with German dubbing at the end of February.

And "Plus One" starts in 20 minutes. I'm really excited about this one. Enjoy! :)

Edited by EUROTRASH
27 minutes ago, EUROTRASH said:

I am almost certain she is being told to say these things.

I've just assumed that, but, yes, I know what happens when one assumes.  I don't use social media, so I'm not familiar with her beyond being a science advisor to CC/the show.  But I just figure anything anyone affiliated with the show puts out there is by design, whether that be a sneak peek, behind the scenes treat, or  deliberate attempt at obfuscation.  And I figure anything that gives away (or hints at) an upcoming plot point is something cleared by CC, or in some cases prompted by CC; they're not going to reveal anything he doesn't want revealed, so if it's out there, it's because he either wants it out there or doesn't care that it's out there.  This stuff all sounds like something he wants out there, but whether to tease something true or point us in the wrong direction, who knows?  They've done both in the past, and it's part of the fun at this point.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, EUROTRASH said:

When I say "bite" I'm talking about loyalists/apologists who make excuses about every possible blunder and who, based on tweets such as these, will label everything that's controversial/problematic in S11 as "alternate universe" and/or part of a "grand plan". That's what I meant. I just commented on the tweet and what I think is the purpose behind it. I've said more than enough on the matter (S11 ratings, the revival's quality, success, etc.) in my previous lengthy reply to you (page 4). I think we can simply agree to disagree, or else we'd just be going in circles.

I haven't, and presumably, no one else has, either, seen enough of the season to know what is "problematic" or "blunders." Or else, things that others have determined were "problematic" were not so to me.  For example, many people considered the En Ami flashback to be problematic but others pointed out that the dialogue was, in fact, a little bit different from what originally aired. (I wouldn't have caught that without re-watching the episode, something I'm unlikely to do anytime soon.)  But what that tells me is that for MSIII, they didn't just go back to the finished project file of that episode and grab the scene they needed. They either went into the archive of alternate takes or re-recorded some present day V.O. to include the line about the housekeeper.  (From the sounds of it, I'd guess it was more likely an alternate take back from the year 2000.) . It further tells me that this was done for a very specific reason and isn't a blunder at all.  Maybe it's an AU, maybe it's not since that's just conjecture on Anne Simon's part. Maybe it's part of a grand plan, maybe the plan isn't so grand after all.  The only thing I do know is that I'm in no position to know at this point. 

But I'm pretty sure I'm not going to need therapy for the amount of angst it isn't causing me. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I've just assumed that, but, yes, I know what happens when one assumes.  I don't use social media, so I'm not familiar with her beyond being a science advisor to CC/the show.  But I just figure anything anyone affiliated with the show puts out there is by design, whether that be a sneak peek, behind the scenes treat, or  deliberate attempt at obfuscation.  And I figure anything that gives away (or hints at) an upcoming plot point is something cleared by CC, or in some cases prompted by CC; they're not going to reveal anything he doesn't want revealed, so if it's out there, it's because he either wants it out there or doesn't care that it's out there.  This stuff all sounds like something he wants out there, but whether to tease something true or point us in the wrong direction, who knows?  They've done both in the past, and it's part of the fun at this point.

That's a valid point of view, yeah.

8 minutes ago, baileythedog said:

I haven't, and presumably, no one else has, either, seen enough of the season to know what is "problematic" or "blunders." Or else, things that others have determined were "problematic" were not so to me.  For example, many people considered the En Ami flashback to be problematic but others pointed out that the dialogue was, in fact, a little bit different from what originally aired. (I wouldn't have caught that without re-watching the episode, something I'm unlikely to do anytime soon.)  But what that tells me is that for MSIII, they didn't just go back to the finished project file of that episode and grab the scene they needed. They either went into the archive of alternate takes or re-recorded some present day V.O. to include the line about the housekeeper.  (From the sounds of it, I'd guess it was more likely an alternate take back from the year 2000.) . It further tells me that this was done for a very specific reason and isn't a blunder at all.  Maybe it's an AU, maybe it's not since that's just conjecture on Anne Simon's part. Maybe it's part of a grand plan, maybe the plan isn't so grand after all.  The only thing I do know is that I'm in no position to know at this point. 

But I'm pretty sure I'm not going to need therapy for the amount of angst it isn't causing me. 

Wut? When I say problematic/blunders I'm referring not only to S11 but the revival in general, S10 and S11 combined. There are plenty of issues, like... an insane amount of them.

And MS3 itself definitely has a big blunder concerning CSM's appearance...

MS1: CSM with trach hole and mask (not fully healed)
MS2: CSM with trach hole and mask (not fully healed)
MS3: CSM without trach hole and mask (healing completed)

How does it possibly make any sort of sense that despite "special science" (or whatever the excuse for his survival) he did not fully heal after ten years BUT suddenly completed his healing between MS1 and MS3... AND YET... his appearance during MS2 (the future) is identical to MS1? It is completely incoherent.

Occam's razor: They didn't want to do the same prosthetics again. They felt it was a hassle and thought that if fans swallowed his resurrection from a direct missile strike, they'll accept everything else.

The "other" explanation: Alternate universe.

The episode is starting in a few minutes, so I'm going to make myself comfortable. :D

Edited by EUROTRASH
4 minutes ago, EUROTRASH said:

Wut? When I say problematic/blunders I'm referring not only to S11 but the revival in general, S10 and S11 combined. There are plenty of issues, like... an insane amount of them.

How does it possibly make any sort of sense that despite "special science" (or whatever the excuse for his survival) he did not fully heal after ten years BUT suddenly completed his healing between MS1 and MS3... AND YET... his appearance during MS2 (the future) is identical to MS1? It is completely incoherent.

Occam's razor: They didn't want to do the same prosthetics again. They felt it was a hassle and thought that if fans swallowed his resurrection from a direct missile strike, they'll accept everything else.

The "other" explanation: Alternate universe.

I'm confused on why this is confusing to anyone. We know for a fact from MSIII that the version of CSM from S10 was not quite right. In fact, we're explicitly told that William is somehow communicating with Scully, perhaps projecting to her this parade of horribles and the players involved. This makes complete sense as to why CSM's appearance would be so different from S10 to S11.  I think your Occam's Razor is completely off, particularly when they've gone through great pains to make sure other seemingly forgettable elements are in place, such as the presence of Einstein and Miller.  I don't find it incoherent that MS1 and MS2 would be depicted identically since 1.) we don't know what William's range of knowledge is 2.) He wasn't an integral part of the story in MS1 at all and none of the other characters witnessed him which could mean that this was part of information William was picking up on to relay later to Scully. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, EUROTRASH said:

I speculated back before MS3 even aired (and long before we got hints of an AU) that William was projecting information to Scully the best way he knew how, through images and/or visions which may not have been totally complete (and that was shown to be exactly what was going on in MS3, btw), and Scully's rational mind couldn't accept that CSM was still alive and had no real lasting terrible physical damage from the explosion, so her mind filled in the mask and trach hole.  If you look at MS3 CSM really carefully, you'll see that one side of his face IS more scarred than the other, the "smoother" side being the side that is covered with a mask in Scully's version.  So William could very well have been projecting what CSM actually looks like now to her, but her mind couldn't accept it without some alterations that would make sense to her rationally.  

MS2 is not a vision of actual events occuring in the future.  It is William's way of showing Scully what will happen IF she and Mulder don't prevent it.  And in hindsight, who's to say parts of MS1 (and S10 as a whole) weren't the result of William attempting to contact Scully as well?  We had the incident with her phone showing "William" at least twice in the episode where her mother died, and Maggie seemed to be having some kind of vision of William (or something was happening to put him in her mind) right before she died, as well.  ("My son is named William too!")

Call me a CC loyalist/apologist if you want to, but to quote Scully herself - "The answers are there, you just have to know where to look."

1 hour ago, baileythedog said:

Yes!  Lord.  Heaven forbid we actually have time to ponder episodes and speculate what may be going on before we have the answers vomited all over us.

(That's why I'm incredibly grateful CC has not altered his storytelling style to appease modern viewers, btw.  That's the one thing that probably would make me bail on this show.  This drive-thru/microwave/instant-download generation needs to learn to chill the eff out and wait for a payoff.)

54 minutes ago, baileythedog said:

I'm confused on why this is confusing to anyone. We know for a fact from MSIII that the version of CSM from S10 was not quite right. In fact, we're explicitly told that William is somehow communicating with Scully, perhaps projecting to her this parade of horribles and the players involved. This makes complete sense as to why CSM's appearance would be so different from S10 to S11.  I think your Occam's Razor is completely off, particularly when they've gone through great pains to make sure other seemingly forgettable elements are in place, such as the presence of Einstein and Miller.  I don't find it incoherent that MS1 and MS2 would be depicted identically since 1.) we don't know what William's range of knowledge is 2.) He wasn't an integral part of the story in MS1 at all and none of the other characters witnessed him which could mean that this was part of information William was picking up on to relay later to Scully. 

Nope. There is no evidence whatsoever that CSM at the end of MS1 was part of any vision. Why would the end scene of MS1, "we have a small problem... they've re-opened The X-Files!" have anything to do with Scully's visions that started in MS2? The change in his appearance, just like him surviving that missile strike, all makes very little sense, much less "complete sense", as you put it.

For what it's worth, I really enjoyed tonight's episode. My biggest complaint is Scully's beliefs being reset (ghosts don't exist, etc.), but it's not the first time. It was a good episode, very entertaining.

2 minutes ago, EUROTRASH said:

Nope. There is no evidence whatsoever that CSM at the end of MS1 was part of any vision. Why would the end scene of MS1, "we have a small problem... they've re-opened The X-Files!" have anything to do with Scully's visions that started in MS2? The change in his appearance, just like him surviving that missile strike, all makes very little sense, much less "complete sense", as you put it.

I didn't say it was part of any vision. I said, since no other character interacted with him, it was information that William was able to pick up.  

13 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

I speculated back before MS3 even aired (and long before we got hints of an AU) that William was projecting information to Scully the best way he knew how, through images and/or visions which may not have been totally complete (and that was shown to be exactly what was going on in MS3, btw), and Scully's rational mind couldn't accept that CSM was still alive and had no real lasting terrible physical damage from the explosion, so her mind filled in the mask and trach hole.  If you look at MS3 CSM really carefully, you'll see that one side of his face IS more scarred than the other, the "smoother" side being the side that is covered with a mask in Scully's version.  So William could very well have been projecting what CSM actually looks like now to her, but her mind couldn't accept it without some alterations that would make sense to her rationally.  

MS2 is not a vision of actual events occuring in the future.  It is William's way of showing Scully what will happen IF she and Mulder don't prevent it.  And in hindsight, who's to say parts of MS1 (and S10 as a whole) weren't the result of William attempting to contact Scully as well?  We had the incident with her phone showing "William" at least twice in the episode where her mother died, and Maggie seemed to be having some kind of vision of William (or something was happening to put him in her mind) right before she died, as well.  ("My son is named William too!")

Call me a CC loyalist/apologist if you want to, but to quote Scully herself - "The answers are there, you just have to know where to look."

I actually agree with that Scully quote! I, too, have "answers" about why the ABH told Mulder that Samantha is alive, or why the ABH morphs clothes in some episodes and requires change of clothes in others, or why the black oil behaves inconsistently, and many other things. But... they're not really answers. They're attempts to fill in the gaps, and at times these answers are mental gymnastics. Have you heard of the term "fan-wank"? See here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanWank

Your explanations are very creative, and I can "explain away" the problems regarding CSM's appearance myself. But what you see as "very likely" or "logical", many others see as a disregard for continuity and general sloppiness. The X-Files was always fantastic, but continuity was never a priority. The mythology was made up as they went along, and they never claimed otherwise.

I stand by my Occam's razor explanation until there is clear evidence in S11 which indicates otherwise.

9 minutes ago, baileythedog said:

I didn't say it was part of any vision. I said, since no other character interacted with him, it was information that William was able to pick up.  

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about at this point. As I've said above, almost everything can be "explained" by a generous amount of mental gymnastics and bending over backwards using the most far-fetched ideas. An explanation that is "simple" to you may be totally "out there" for someone else. I have yet to see a convincing explanation about the CSM's appearance, and survival for that matter (see attached photo). And at the end of the day, even the most disastrous continuity errors can just be written off as "alternate universe". I think such explanations are very desperate, and resorting to them usually shows that the writers screwed up pretty badly. You are free, however, to believe as you wish.

csm.png

Edited by EUROTRASH
  • Love 1

Reminder: You can debate the show, characters, the show's PTB all you want, but you have to remain civil towards each other.  I think at this point, it's best to agree to disagree and move on. If you need help with that you can use our handy ignore feature.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, EUROTRASH said:

Episode 6 press release: https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/01/the-x-files-episode-1106-kitten-press.html

THE PAST CAN BE HAUNTING ON AN ALL-NEW "THE X-FILES" WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, ON FOX

Episode Written by Gabe Rotter and Directed by Carol Banker; Haley Joel Osment Guest-Stars

Skinner goes AWOL when his past comes back to haunt him. As Mulder and Scully try to track him down, their growing mistrust of him reaches its apex in the all-new "Kitten" episode of THE X-FILES airing Wednesday, Feb. 7 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (XF-1106) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: David Duchovny as Fox Mulder; Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully; Mitch Pileggi as Walter Skinner

Guest Cast: Haley Joel Osment as Davey James; Cory Rempel as young Walter Skinner, Jovan Nenadic as John "Kitten" James, Brendan Patrick Connor as Sherriff Mac Stenzler, James Pickens Jr. as Alvin Kersh, Jeremy Jones as Sergeant

Kersh is back. Interesting. If James can get away from Greys to do a cameo, why can't Robert Patrick? Is Robert such a big star on his other show.

Edited by nightwing877
13 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

Kersh is back. Interesting. If James can get away from Greys to do a cameo, why can't Robert Patrick? Is Robert such a big star on his other show.

They tried to get him back, but due to scheduling they weren't able to.

9 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

They tried to get him back, but due to scheduling they weren't able to.

That sucks, at least it worked out with James. Only Marita and Gibson are the only alive recurring who haven't returned yet. Surprised Gibson hasn't been more involved already, I guess William is enough as the special child, and Gibson is like what 30 now. 

1 hour ago, nightwing877 said:

That sucks, at least it worked out with James. Only Marita and Gibson are the only alive recurring who haven't returned yet. Surprised Gibson hasn't been more involved already, I guess William is enough as the special child, and Gibson is like what 30 now. 

Yea, I was hoping for Doggett to make a return. It'll be something to see James be back as Kersh though. Yep. Heck I'm curious about some of the future eps (minus MS 4 though... nope).

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Italian Ice said:

Someone is selling a wedding dress allegedly worn by Gillian for this season of the X-Files. After everything, Mulder and Scully finally getting married/remarried makes a lot of sense. 

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/clt/d/gillian-andersons-wedding/6463820903.html

Although unconfirmed, the episode 8 title is "Nothing Lasts Forever", and there's a photo from the filming on that episode with Mulder dressed up, standing in a church. It might not mean anything though.

Interestingly, "Ari Margolis", a person from FOX (see previous post) has also commented in the past on episode 8, saying that, aside from it being a disturbing episode, M&S fans will be "glued to the screen".

Lol.

Edited by EUROTRASH
13 minutes ago, EUROTRASH said:

Although unconfirmed, the episode 8 title is "Nothing Lasts Forever", and there's a photo from the filming on that episode with Mulder dressed up, standing in a church. It might not mean anything though.

Interestingly, "Ari Margolis", a person from FOX (see previous post) has also commented in the past on episode 8, saying that, aside from it being a disturbing episode, M&S fans will be "glued to the screen".

Lol.

Yep along with saying to listen for something lol. I hope it's good. But if it's not... I don't want to think about how fans will react to that.

7 hours ago, EUROTRASH said:

Lol.

I wouldn't put it past them for them to be undercover or it is an illusion or dream.

22 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Yea, I was hoping for Doggett to make a return. It'll be something to see James be back as Kersh though. Yep. Heck I'm curious about some of the future eps (minus MS 4 though... nope).

Me too. 

1 minute ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

I wouldn't either. And at this point I have little patience for that kind of game playing.

I don't either, I just want this show wrapped up properly and end it with season 11. I didn't like I want to believe, but I was happy with how they left the characters happy. No cliffhangers.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, nightwing877 said:

I don't either, I just want this show wrapped up properly and end it with season 11. I didn't like I want to believe, but I was happy with how they left the characters happy. No cliffhangers.

Same here with 11, but I did like IWTB ok. Exactly and it's why I liked IWTB.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Same here with 11, but I did like IWTB ok. Exactly and it's why I liked IWTB.

It has gotten better with age IWTB. I just really think after 25 years if they kill them, that would upset me. I'd rather they just retire from the FBI for good. But I'm not sure they can wrap up the series with just one stand-alone season final, too bad it isn't going to be 2 hours. But we'll see.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, nightwing877 said:

It has gotten better with age IWTB. I just really think after 25 years if they kill them, that would upset me. I'd rather they just retire from the FBI for good. But I'm not sure they can wrap up the series with just one stand-alone season final, too bad it isn't going to be 2 hours. But we'll see.

Yep. Same here to a point. It'll just end up making the entire journey pointless. Definitely.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Yep. Same here to a point. It'll just end up making the entire journey pointless. Definitely.

Exactly. At this point, I would rather Skinner being a huge death than Mulder or Sculy. But hopefully, CSM can be shot and the head or beheaded to give him a true death. I'd be surprised if he ended up living this time around.

2 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

Exactly. At this point, I would rather Skinner being a huge death than Mulder or Sculy. But hopefully, CSM can be shot and the head or beheaded to give him a true death. I'd be surprised if he ended up living this time around.

Yea but oh hell no on Skinman. Noping out of that. Same with Reyes. Agreed about CSM though.

Yea but oh hell no on Skinman. Noping out of that. Same with Reyes. Agreed about CSM though.

Oh no I still don't want that, just if I *had* to choose, I'd go with him over Mulder and Scully. Same With Reyes, and I can't see her dying because no Doggett to appear. 

4 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

Oh no I still don't want that, just if I *had* to choose, I'd go with him over Mulder and Scully. Same With Reyes, and I can't see her dying because no Doggett to appear. 

Ah. I'd go for Special Agent Cliff Hanger :p. Honestly, outside of CSM, I don't want to see anyone to die.

*thanks David, now I have THAT stuck in my head lol*

Just now, AntiBeeSpray said:

Ah. I'd go for Special Agent Cliff Hanger :p. Honestly, outside of CSM, I don't want to see anyone to die.

*thanks David, now I have THAT stuck in my head lol*

Agreed. Hoping Reyes is redeemed, I hate her working with CSM. Why they didn't just use Marita instead of Reyes. I hope she betrays CSM and sides with her friends. 

6 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

Agreed. Hoping Reyes is redeemed, I hate her working with CSM. Why they didn't just use Marita instead of Reyes. I hope she betrays CSM and sides with her friends. 

I do too. It makes me sick. And going by what Annabeth has said via Twitter, it sounds as if she isn't a fan of it either. I hope she does as well.

• Love 1

For those who think that S11 might be some kind of parallel universe/AU/Scully hallucination, there's some new promo pics from Episode 4, and you can see that guy that was in the picture with the Lone Gunmen on Mulder's desk in Episode 2, that is supposed to only appear in people's dreams. 

XF-S2_204_SC8-36-SH_0871_hires1_FULL.jpg

I do too. It makes me sick. And going by what Annabeth has said via Twitter, it sounds as if she isn't a fan of it either. I hope she does as well.

Poor Annabeth. I wonder if Robert Patrick not appearing meant they had to rewrite her whole story. In a perfect world, we never get new agents and Doggett and Reyes just team up with Mulder and Scully in the last two episodes of season 10. 

I may be the only one, but I've never felt like Monica is truly on CSM's side.  I think she's working "with" him out of necessity - maybe he's holding something over her?  Maybe he threatened Scully or William (both of whom she's always had a soft spot for) if Monica didn't go along with him?  Who knows?  

I see Monica needling him and intentionally saying things to piss him off, which is why I don't believe she's there willingly.

19 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

Poor Annabeth. I wonder if Robert Patrick not appearing meant they had to rewrite her whole story. In a perfect world, we never get new agents and Doggett and Reyes just team up with Mulder and Scully in the last two episodes of season 10. 

Who knows? I feel bad for her too.

18 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

I may be the only one, but I've never felt like Monica is truly on CSM's side.  I think she's working "with" him out of necessity - maybe he's holding something over her?  Maybe he threatened Scully or William (both of whom she's always had a soft spot for) if Monica didn't go along with him?  Who knows?  

I see Monica needling him and intentionally saying things to piss him off, which is why I don't believe she's there willingly.

Could be. But frankly... CC is just such a cheap writer now. It just seems that he's made her evil for the shock factor.

20 minutes ago, Italian Ice said:

For those who think that S11 might be some kind of parallel universe/AU/Scully hallucination, there's some new promo pics from Episode 4, and you can see that guy that was in the picture with the Lone Gunmen on Mulder's desk in Episode 2, that is supposed to only appear in people's dreams. 

XF-S2_204_SC8-36-SH_0871_hires1_FULL.jpg

I'd rather have 'This Man' appearing in CC's eps from s10, than to have most of s11 be fake.

Edited by AntiBeeSpray
9 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Who knows? I feel bad for her too.

Could be. But frankly... CC is just such a cheap writer now. It just seems that he's made her evil for the shock factor.

Yeah making her evil for shock value is terrible. I don't like it at all, it feels so out of character given how she was in s8 and 9. But I have to admit CC wrote a good MOTW this week with Plus One, he is just bad at writing the mytharc. He can still be okay with writing sometimes with self contained stories.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

Yeah making her evil for shock value is terrible. I don't like it at all, it feels so out of character given how she was in s8 and 9. But I have to admit CC wrote a good MOTW this week with Plus One, he is just bad at writing the mytharc. He can still be okay with writing sometimes with self contained stories.

Exactly. It doesn't fit her at all. He did ok there. I miss the MOTW's that had more substance to them. Agreed.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Exactly. It doesn't fit her at all. He did ok there. I miss the MOTW's that had more substance to them. Agreed.

Exactly right. I hope these next MOTW's go back to being good stories like they were in the original run.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

Exactly right. I hope these next MOTW's go back to being good stories like they were in the original run.

Definitely. I appreciated Glen trying to do that with his. It wasn't perfect, but at least I was half way involved caring about it.

On 20/01/2018 at 4:18 PM, AntiBeeSpray said:

Definitely. I appreciated Glen trying to do that with his. It wasn't perfect, but at least I was half way involved caring about it.

Exactly. I was really hoping for sequels to popular MOTW's from the original run, but now I'm glad I don't think they can capture the magic of the originals. Even if Home, Eve or The Host etc. were ones I wanted sequels to the most.