Type keyword(s) to search

Watch The First Full Trailer For Season 7 Of Game Of Thrones

• Start Topic

I was underwhelmed with this ad. It felt messy and had no creepy magic other than maybe Tyrion on the cliff watching the dragons fly. It felt badly edited. I will watch but nothing surprised me. No delightful shocks.

1 hour ago, jeansheridan said:

I was underwhelmed with this ad. It felt messy and had no creepy magic other than maybe Tyrion on the cliff watching the dragons fly. It felt badly edited. I will watch but nothing surprised me. No delightful shocks.

Not even Yara/Ellaria?

I didn't notice them so I guess not.  I like Yara (the actress) but I never recognize her in promos.  

I mean the battles look satisfyingly epic.  Dragonstone looks better.  I just didn't feel that punch of joy like last year when we saw young Ned in silouette or Arya leaping off the wall.

6 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

I loved it, got shivers. Yes I'm a shameless fangirl.

Nothing shameful about it ;) I think I watched it like seven times in row, just to pick up everything (or as much as I could).

9 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Oh good.  Dany of the 20 titles has found a new place to sit and make bombastic pronouncements from.

Every time a character talks about his or her birthright it makes me shudder internally. While I'm not on the Dany-is-going-mad-like-her-father-bandwagon, I think the entitlement is strong with this one. Also, for as much as I enjoyed the Dothrakis' stunts in the trailer, I just can't help but remember that this is a people for whom raping is as much a part of war as pillaging is, and Dany won't be there to oversee much of the general action. So. Hope the show won't shy away from the fact that no matter how much she speechify, a conquest is a bloody, bloody thing for the common people.

• Love 1
On 5/24/2017 at 4:04 PM, proserpina65 said:

Why?  Why do I have to wait until mid-July?!?!  Why??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Damn, that looks amazing!  (But why in the name of the old gods and the new is Jaime still with that bitch!?!)

Because Jaime is an effing loser, that's why

On 5/24/2017 at 9:04 PM, proserpina65 said:

Why?  Why do I have to wait until mid-July?!?!  Why??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Damn, that looks amazing!  (But why in the name of the old gods and the new is Jaime still with that bitch!?!)

On 5/27/2017 at 6:25 PM, Constantinople said:

Because Jaime is an effing loser, that's why

18 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

He didn't have to be, but D&D do seem determined to ignore Martin's blueprint on his character.

In an interview, NCW basically compared Jaime/Cersei to those destructive relationships that you want to get away from, but can't. Jaime and Cersei have been together since childhood, and apart form Tyrion she is the only family he has left. So naturally he will have trouble dumping her, but I don't doubt he will. I reckon that because the majority of Jaime's disillusionment with Cersei happens mentally in the books, which maybe wouldn't show up on screen as well, it was decided to leave the break up until later and have Jaime do it face to face. 

The fact Jaime looks pretty glum throughout the trailer supports NCW's beliefs about their relationship.

After rewatching I realized why I am bummed.  I don't really care if Dany or Cersei wins.  It's probably better for the North if Dany wins.  But a whole season watching Dorathaki rape and pillage is unappealing.  Action sequences around Dany rarely interest me.  When she rode off from the arena after the attack what I liked was watching Tyrion improbably survive again.  

It will be a grim season I fear when I needed something a little more hopeful. Even last season I felt hopeful because Sansa had escaped and was reunited with Jon. And she met Brienne.

I will say women have agency this season.  At least three parts of this war are directed by women even if they aren't doing the fighting.  Vara will fight but more as an Admiral.   Dany will be a pilot fire bombing them.  But I don't see the Sand Snakes really leading the charge.  

• Love 1