Type keyword(s) to search

The Many Loves of Switched at Birth

only Emmett and Travis have survived.  The rest of the past "loves" live happily off screen.

Liam, Noah, Tank , the army guy, the coffee/blogger English dude, 2 doctor interns 

Simone & Toby's wife that no one liked 

I actually liked Noah, not necessarily as a love interest, but for his Meniere's disease and coping with losing his hearing. It was a good addition to the Deaf aspects of the show.

Now show, please bring back Wilke! You've kept him alive with several passing mentions, and he should've graduated by now, so why is he still at boarding school?

• Love 3

I liked Noah too, and and I thought he had decent chemistry (not as much as Emmett or Wilke) with Bay and Daphne.

I have the unpopular opinion that Toby had more chemistry with the Senate rival's daughter (aka his TV mom's real kid) and Simone 2.0. Liking Simone is not great since I hated her in S1, but when she was put beside Nicky, I found her more appealing. She was contrite and supportive Toby's music which Nicky had not been at all since they got engaged.

• Love 2

I still don't understand why Emmett and Simone had a one night stand a couple of seasons ago. Doesn't make sense. They were complete strangers who just happened to bump into each other at a hotel. He is deaf and she doesn't know ASL, so communication would have been an issue. I guess it was a completely slutty act by both of them. 

I thought Toby and his star field hockey player (who used to clash with Daphne, but I guess is now her friend) would hook up. I forgot her name!

• Love 1

Liking Simone is not great

I actually really liked Simone and loved her with Toby. Yeah, the cheating with Emmett was a horrible thing, but I've honestly found myself wanting her to be Toby's endgame. I know it's likely that we'll never see or hear about her again, but oh well, I can still hope.

Edited by Gumdrops
  • Love 1

I still don't understand why Emmett and Simone had a one night stand a couple of seasons ago. Doesn't make sense. They were complete strangers who just happened to bump into each other at a hotel. He is deaf and she doesn't know ASL, so communication would have been an issue. I guess it was a completely slutty act by both of them. 

You've answered your own question. That's exactly why they hooked up... it was nothing deep. Just about the physical... meaningless sex.

I think Ty was a sweetheart.... really good guy who understood Bay. As much as I like Bay and Emmett together, at times I wonder how well they communicate. The reality is, she just started learning ASL 2 years ago... I'm not sure how fluent she is yet. And he's not like Daphne, he doesn't speak at all. Sometimes the relationship seems a bit forced to me. But hey, maybe that's why it works.

Daphne has become such an awful character now that I can't even decide who's a good match for her... When she was with Wilke she was a nice person but now i think he'd be too good for her. 

• Love 2

I want Wilke to come back, but I want him to realize that Daphne is a complete waste of air and dump her before they really get to begin again. He can stick around as Toby's roommate or something.

I liked Noah's storyline too, and I liked him with BAY. When he started falling for Daphne...just...ew. No.

Edited by Zima
  • Love 2

Am I wrong for wanting Wilke to come back but to be a friend (and maybe more) to Bay?

I could go for that.

I mean, I love EBay, but Lizzie Weiss seems to hate them, so instead of putting them (and thus Bay, who I wonder if TPTB also hate a little bit) through so much angst all the time, I could go for an angle where she ultimately ends up with Wilke.

That'd only happen in dream land though cause this show's motto is like 'screw anyone who isn't Daphne!'.

• Love 3

I mean, I love EBay, but Lizzie Weiss seems to hate them, so instead of putting them (and thus Bay, who I wonder if TPTB also hate a little bit) through so much angst all the time, I could go for an angle where she ultimately ends up with Wilke.

Yep! Last episode really showed how Lizzie hates them. Please come back, Wilke (But for Bay not Daphne)!

• Love 1