Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E21: Mr. Kaplin

• Start Topic

Red tracks a high-end thief enlisted by Mr. Kaplan for a mysterious assignment; Bram faces a tough decision when Agent Gale goes to extreme measures in his investigation to the Task Force's conduct.

Only caught the last few minutes, but basically we got the following (to borrow from the SATs):

Lizzie:Red::Julian Gale:Mr. Kaplan

Yeah, I'm sure this will end well.

Hopefully, this bitching island Red has doesn't also have polar bears, hatches and a smoke monster.

• Love 1
(edited)

Dembe was #10, and Mr. Kaplan is #4 -- really ??

The whole Blacklist is just bullshit anymore -- why do they even bother with it ?

Oh nooooeeees !!  Mr. Kaplan is fucking with Red's money supply, and Red is coming up dry everywhere forcing him to scour the earth to find funds.  And to kill everyone in his path.  Whatever.

And Aram gets a subpoena just for kicks.  At least he got a lawyer.

FFS !  Gale is getting his full Horatio Caine on while chatting with Ressler, and Gale is out to get everyone who works for Red at the Post Office. Because why not ?

At least this episode was Lizzie free for the first 15 minutes.  And when she finally shows up she basically gets recap duty for the team.

So, was the mysterious library with the card catalog supposed to be run by the gov't. -- WTF ?  And of course Mr. Kaplan is looking for "the document" via her hired henchman.  Can they possibly be a little more vague ?  Oh, it's Red's immunity deal.

Of course Lizzie and Samar get duped by the old "escape with the motorcycle in the back of the van" trick.  Man, that is stupid.  Who writes this shit ?  And for good measure Lizzie is completely incapable of shooting the fleeing suspect, or even the tires on the motorcycle.  And how did Lizzie/Samar catch up to that motorcycle in the van so quickly ?  Better yet, how did all those various police units get dispatched so quickly to the tunnel exits ?  That is some grade A bullshit there.

How did Mario Dixon get away and drum up a couple of hired goons on his own ?  Did they skip a scene somewhere ?  Did I blink and miss it ?  He's dead now so it doesn't matter.

Even with Red and Mr. Kaplan meeting followed by a shootout man this episode was dull.  Just plain dull, especially for the penultimate episode for the season, this is all they could come up with ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

If Red has been broke for months how does he keep henchmen on the payroll, travel, bribe, smuggle.

Mr Kaplan was going out of her way not to hurt people yet takes a guy's eye out. Red still killing and task force is still looking the other way/enabling the very thing they are being accused of. Sooner or later the show had to address all the crap but this is it??? Neutered go through the motions grand jury? They need to keep Agent Gale the rest of the show. Although he's a hypocrite too sniping at Red last week yet accusing the task force of crap.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, TVWatcher12 said:

I am confused...I swear an earlier episode had Red rescuing Liz from the fire and taking her to live with Sam? Now it has changed and Mr. Kaplan did? 

People have theorized that it couldn't have been Red that took Liz to Sam only because of the severe burn scars on his back.  If he got those on the night of the fire he would have been too incapacitated to deliver Liz to Sam.  Of course, it could also be that since Mr. Kaplan is suffering from a brain injury she could be remembering things differently.  There are a lot of unexplained things that have happened on TBL that I hope they explain.  I would really like to know what happened to Jennifer Reddington.

• Love 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, TVWatcher12 said:

I am confused...I swear an earlier episode had Red rescuing Liz from the fire and taking her to live with Sam? Now it has changed and Mr. Kaplan did? 

Katarina went back to the apartment and told Kate that Red had taken Masha. Red did tell Liz about the fire in an earlier episode. What was never explained is how Katarina found the house where Masha was being kept in the US.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, TVWatcher12 said:

The dropped storylines irritate me - where is Red's daughter Jennifer? Why didn't his ex-wife and he talk about her at all? 

Who was the little ballerina that Red watched in the grainy film way back when that had him so emotional? Masha, or his own daughter? (I don't believe that he is Liz's father.)

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Who was the little ballerina that Red watched in the grainy film way back when that had him so emotional? Masha, or his own daughter? (I don't believe that he is Liz's father.)

Your post just made me think.  If real Reddington is dead then Naomi and Jennifer would be his family.  Possibly Not Red told a story about how he came home one night and his family was killed.  Perhaps there were 3 female children possibly of varying ages.  Real Reddington's daughter Jennifer and now Elizabeth and fake Reddington's dead child.  Maybe that's why he's so attached to Liz.  She's a surrogate for his own child.  Of course who knows?  I'm really hoping season 5 is the last and they answer everything that they originally put into the beginning of the show.  It would be really frustrating to have watched from the beginning and have a lot of what was originally told to the audience rewritten.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1