Type keyword(s) to search

Shocking! Black Lightning in the News

• Start Topic

Black Lightning ladies on the TV Guide Comic Con special cover:

powerhouse-wb-women-tvgm-2019-cover-hr-1

Fans can drop by the DC Warner Bros. booth (#4545 on the convention floor) to pick up their free copy of the TV Guide Magazine special issue during Comic-Con, beginning on Preview Night, Wednesday, July 17, and continuing through Sunday, July 21.

All four covers will be on sale at newsstand mainline from July 16–October 14, 2019. The special issue can also be purchased online via TVGuideMagazine.com/comiccon, BN.com and/or Amazon.com, and will be available digitally on Barnes & Noble’s NOOK, Amazon’s Kindle Fire, Zinio, Google and Magzter.

This may affect whether the show continues to film in Georgia:

'CW Chief Mark Pedowitz Weighs In On Future Of Filming In Georgia If Abortion Ban Is Passed'

President Mark Pedowitz gave a strong, personal take on the issue but said that the youth-skewing network would follow the path of its parent companies WarnerMedia and CBS.

“First, anybody who interferes with people’s right to make medical choices, I am solely against. Secondly, the law is not in effect yet. We are following the path of our parent companies; if the law is passed I am certain we will have discussions with both studios about what to do and what not to do in terms of where Georgia sits,” he said, speaking at the summer TCA press tour.

This comes after both parent companies addressed the subject of filming in Georgia in May. WarnerMedia said that it will “watch the situation closely” and if the new law passes, it would “reconsider Georgia as the home to any new productions”. Similarly, CBS said it was also monitoring developments and added that if the law takes effect, the state “may not be a viable location for future productions”.

The CW’s main production in Georgia is Black Lightning, which films in Atlanta and the surrounding area. The network is preparing for the third season of the superhero drama, which premieres in October.

From the TV Guide Comic Con issue that was published earlier this summer; interview with Salim Akil: https://www.tvinsider.com/806849/black-lightning-season-3-burning-questions-answered/

So much happened at the end of Season 2! First off, why are the Markovians intent on hunting down Freeland's metas?

Salim Akil: They're a small, power-hungry regime that's been building a meta-army, explains Akil. "If you have all of the metas, it's almost like you have all  of the nukes, and [you] can weaponize them."

Anything else we should know?

There's still a focus on everyday life in Freeland, but next season, says Akil, "we want our stories to talk about concerns not just for black folk but for people in general. We'll cover mental health and addiction issues that affect the whole country."

• Love 1

Interview with Cress Williams at EW, previewing where the Pierce family is at in Season 3:

“The family is probably the most disjointed we’ve ever had it,” Cress Williams tells EW. “It’s the whole Markovian conflict. It’s pulled everyone in different directions because they’ve gotten a little bit divided, in the sense there are just different focuses that they have and different motivations that they have.”

And from TV Insider's Fall preview:

Black Lightning

Monday, October 7, 9/8c, The CW

War is brewing in Season 3 of the DC Comics tale as outsiders invade the city of Freeland. March's finale teased the impending arrival of agents from Markovia, a fictional rogue European country known for metahuman research. Now Jefferson Pierce/Black Lightning (Cress Williams) and his superpowered daughters (Nafessa Williams and China Anne McClain) have their hands full taking down the baddies, who are looking to weaponize anyone with enhanced abilities. Which in this town is nearly everyone!    

https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/returning-tv-shows-fall-2019-network-preview/#4

New longer promo, new footage!

-----

Well, I hate that they're prisoners, but at least Jeff and Lynn are together? They weren't together enough for me last year, so I guess I should be happy... but they seem to really be going through it.  :(

I like that Jen and Anissa (and Gambi) will be teaming up more, or at least together more -- but they're separated from their parents.  :(

• Love 1