Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Blowback

I was going to give up on the show but the last episode and this one have been really good and both deviated from their normal plot set up.  Especially since my beloved Jim Beaver/Bobby Singer from Supernatural was on plus Kim Rhoads (his Supernatural semi-love interest).  Nice casting and the second time a Supernatural pair has been on the show.  Also loved that 

Spoiler

Jim turned out to be the bad guy instead of the usual sympathetic father figure

The only thing that ruined the plot a bit was the plot itself - that Kim's character Lydia came at the team so hard when there's been nothing said or shown up until now to set-up the idea that the team has enemies or people that don't approve of them within the FBI.  It might have been better to have just a little set-up, a comment here or there from the team like "We better watch our step" or "Not everyone appreciates our efforts"  

Still the show's improved lately but it's not generating much buzz, I wonder if it can survive for renewal.

• Love 1

Yeah, I was a little WTF at Lydia coming at the team out of nowhere like that. We haven't heard a whisper about any trouble, and she was over the top angry at them, and I thought for awhile I may have missed an episode or something.

Really liked Monty - he didn't not give two shits lol.

• Love 1

I have to admit, I don't understand why the guy turned his back on them and to be in the room with them as he talked to them. 

It would have been better if we heard some comments from the team about others not liking them. 

Not sure what has to do with Mae and another doctor losing a patient though. 

I think it is pretty realistic to assume "elite" or special units would have their share of enemies. At least it made sense to me, the IRT seems like the cream of the crop and they are always resented by others. I enjoyed this episode. 

I liked this episode, it was definitely a change from the usual formula of the team travelling to a foreign land and working with locals.  But the Bulldog Lady was way over the top, it's like she had a personal vendetta against Jack and his team for no apparent reason.

Does the IRT only consist of these five agents that we always see?  Last season I had gotten the impression that there were multiple IRT teams but the way this lady came at Jack it made it seem like the entire IRT is his team and his team alone.  If they are it, what happens when one of them gets sick or wants to go on vacation?  They are already so lean-staffed as it is, losing one of the four team members to illness means they have that much less manpower to work the case.

I don't think it's a good sign that CBS renewed the parent show and didn't say anything about this one.  Ratings don't seem too good, I'd be pleasantly surprised if it got renewed.

• Love 1