Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Gone

Drogo

ODNI is forced to deliver a hostage to the FBI, but plans to hijack the transfer surface from the cartel. Later: John and Rem try to stall the handover; Bryan tries to keep the hostage in his custody; and Asha learns true identity of her best friend.

LOL. It is called Taken. I remember some people complaining that no one had been "taken" in one of the episodes. They wondered how the show would survive if no one had been kidnapped. 

WTH, Bryan, you just let the bad guy drive away and leave you standing in the middle of nowhere? John Reese would have kneecapped the guy, or at least shot him in the shoulder, then left him in the middle of the road if he were going to let the bad guy go. And WTH Asha, you were WAY too quick to get mad at Bryan when he asked if you had told anyone about the prisoner guy. I would have been asking why, what happened instead of getting all up in his grill about trust and all that other crap you were slinging at him.. Made me think you were guilty. "Me thinks thou dost protest too much" someone wrote once. And then Bryan finds one bug and stands there talking about it? Dumbass, if there was one bug, there are more. Shut the eff up and get out!

It is getting hard to stay with this. At the airport shootout one simple smoke grenade gives the guy cover to get away? He was in the middle of an airfield, nothing but empty space for hundreds of meters away. And to escape and evade he shots a cop, not like that would bring everybody to that location. Meanwhile a rouge Bryan decides he will do this solo, just because.

Not to mention with a bad guy on a floating prison has perfect knowledge of primary and secondary plans to get him out. And instead of trading a guy to Mexico from a secure military base the FBI sees some unknown reason to transport him in a small convoy. I will finish off the season since we teased the famous line used when his daughter will be taken but I doubt if I will be back next year. If so it will certainly be time shifted and not watched live.

Raja, I had forgotten (read: blocked) the part where they are in the middle of a BIG FLAT OPEN field, big and flat and open enough for a plane to land, and someone tosses in a little smoke bomb and the bad guy just *poof* disappears into thin air. It must have been his magic BRIGHT ORANGE jumpsuit that flew him away. I still will watch this show since I hate those CSI and Chicago shows, which doesn't leave much else to watch on network. So I'll stick with it. But I'm not sure if I'll mind if it isn't renewed for another season. Based on (lack of) comments here, I'm guessing others feel the same. I know Bryan is suppose to be this kickass master combat guy, but he's also such a dumbass at the same time. Like ... don't answer the phone when the bad guy tells you to, you dork.

44 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Raja, I had forgotten (read: blocked) the part where they are in the middle of a BIG FLAT OPEN field, big and flat and open enough for a plane to land, and someone tosses in a little smoke bomb and the bad guy just *poof* disappears into thin air. It must have been his magic BRIGHT ORANGE jumpsuit that flew him away. I still will watch this show since I hate those CSI and Chicago shows, which doesn't leave much else to watch on network. So I'll stick with it. But I'm not sure if I'll mind if it isn't renewed for another season. Based on (lack of) comments here, I'm guessing others feel the same. I know Bryan is suppose to be this kickass master combat guy, but he's also such a dumbass at the same time. Like ... don't answer the phone when the bad guy tells you to, you dork.

I was laughing with my partner at the cartel  about the single smoke grenade being able to provide cover, thinking not good enough suckers, when they announced his escape.

I turned off when I found out that the kidnap victim was the husband of an FBI agent working with ODNI.  When she got the first call: ":OK, tell him that I love him and I'm sorry he has do die.  I'm not sorry that you assholes are dying too.  Bye!"  Or, ya know, telling a squad of highly professional agents that her husbands been snatched and to monitor her phone.  Soooooooooooooooo tired of this silly plot.

I'm trying to understand why, the instant he discovered his apartment was bugged, Bryan didn't get Asha into protective custody.  You KNOW you're being watched, and you know by whom, and you take no measures to protect your girlfriend?  What the hell? At least give me a scene where they discuss it and Asha refuses to go, although I can't see why she would resist beyond plot device.  I mean, he made her stay in his apartment for a general "terrorist" threat of which he knew no details, yet not for the much more clear and present danger of the Mejia cartel bugging his apartment?

Ditto on the FBI agent.  She's highly decorated, but she trusts Mills rather than her entire squad to retrieve her husband? I was laughing out loud when he asked, "Why come to me?"  And then I yelled out, "Duh, you're the lead! No need for coherence." 

(edited)

How about "We don't negotiate with terrorists!!!!" "How about that chick you've been banging for five minutes?"  "That's different!"

I deleted the next episode sight unseen.

Edited by jhlipton