Type keyword(s) to search

Is she a natural blonde? (The General Catch-All Q&A Thread)

• Start Topic

I couldn't find any pre-existing threads to post this question in, so I started this one as a catch-all for various questions related to the series.

I am not a regular viewer so forgive my ignorance here but is Jeremy Jordan supposed to be on a slow boil has the future villain Toyman? I remember watching one of the earliest episodes of the show and knowing from promotional materials that he's playing Winslow who is supposed to be Toyman from the Superman comics. Is this supposed to be one of the show's big hooks? Are we supposed to be excited to watch the birth of Toyman?

As you might have guessed I wasn't too impressed with what I saw the few times I tuned into Supergirl. I just found it odd that the show would try to tease something as mundane as Toyman when previous shows had offered a glimpse at, say, The Descent of Lex Luthor Into Madness, which is a much bigger hook for a series.

So....how is the show doing with the whole Toyman thing?

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ahhh! I see....so this character isn't being developed as a future villain?

Nope.  Some people thought he was, but that was only because he wasn't all sunshine and puppies immediately after Kara shot him down romantically by stating that she didn't want their relationship to change.  They were convinced he was going to turn to the Dark Side simply because he was initially a bit frosty to Kara (they seem to have forgotten that it was Alex who told Kara that Winn would need a little time and space to lick his wounds and heal, and that he would be the one to reach out to her when he was ready to do so).

Gotcha. I didn't see Jeremy Jordan playing a convincing villain anyways so I thought the whole concept of setting him up as a future baddie was a big mistake. Plus Toyman ain't exactly super compelling either...

Here's a question, I m confused on the time line for Mon el appearing on earth. Unless it was stated wasn't Daxam destroyed very soon after Krypton was? Since Kara spent at least 24 + yrs in the void before being released and then has spent at least 12+ yrs on earth, shouldn't Monel be yrs older than her? Unless Daxam sat there for 24 or more yrs and stupidly wondered what was going on in the Kyrptonian system. I was under the impression that Daxam was very close to the Kryptonian system. What has Mon El been doing all these yrs between the destruction? The Dominator recognized the Prince so he had to be an adult involved with the slave trade by then.

No, they explained in one of Mon-El's early episodes that his pod traveled through a galaxy where essentially time stops. So he was in motion for 36 years but basically didn't age.

The weird thing is that chronologically, he's like 15ish years older than Kara.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

No, they explained in one of Mon-El's early episodes that his pod traveled through a galaxy where essentially time stops. So he was in motion for 36 years but basically didn't age.

The weird thing is that chronologically, he's like 15ish years older than Kara.

That's no weirder than the fact that chronologically, Kara's about 12 years older than her cousin Superman.  She used to change his diapers, remember?

• Love 3

Ok thanks that makes sense and why his parents couldn't find him. And yes I peg him at about 10+ yrs older than Kara since she was 13 when Krypton was destroyed and he  looked to be around 23-25 at the same time.

Edited by rtms77