Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Lost Souls

Happy that this show is back, but I find it interesting that they apparently didn't change the formula at all.  Exotic foreign locale, something bad happens to Americans, the team suspects some deviant locals, then it turns out to be the Americans involved after all.

I noticed that they seem to have added the oldest Garrett son to the cast, I am sure he will probably be on the team at some point.  It'd be nice if the team was a little larger.  Jack is the lead, Simmons is the muscle, Clara is the social customs person, and Mae is the medical examiner.  Don't they at least need one other pure field agent?  Wouldn't mind having Garrett Jr be that person.

The actress who plays Mae seems to have lost significant weight.

I wish Monty got more to do.  He's always just stuck at home.  And now unfortunately it seems like they have added this blonde woman in glasses to be some kind of assistant?  I hated that lady.  It seemed like they were going for a quirky tech woman, like Arrow's Felicity Smoak.  The mannerisms of that woman seemed like she was attempting to convey the same personality.  Especially the line about a cup of tea, or something.  She is not needed, at all.

20 minutes ago, blackwing said:

unfortunately it seems like they have added this blonde woman in glasses to be some kind of assistant? 

I do assume you are joking. Otherwise, you are watching CM:BB without having ever seen its parent show Criminal Minds???

1 hour ago, illdoc said:

I do assume you are joking. Otherwise, you are watching CM:BB without having ever seen its parent show Criminal Minds???

Hah.  I'm not joking.  I've never seen Criminal Minds. I think I tried once or twice and I found it too creepy and gory.  The only reason why I watch Beyond Borders is because 1) I like Gary Sinise, 2) I like Alana de la Garza, 3) the concept of international locales appealed to me.  I like seeing the different countries (even if it is all faked) and I like hearing tidbits about local culture and customs.

So it appears this woman is on the parent show.  Is she just temporarily crossing over or just made a one off appearance?  Now it makes sense to me when Monty asked her about her team and she said they were busy!

She shows up occasionally, but thankfully not all the time.

Garcia was a cute non-conformist weirdo in early Criminals Minds and has morphed into an annoying, juvenile character with troweled on makeup of Mimi from the Drew Carey Show.

I'm glad this show is back, too, even if I have to completely hand wave the way Garret's team comes in and takes over an investigation from the locals with no issues of jurisdiction.   Did anyone else think that Garret Jr looked a lot like a young Karl Urban?  My mind kept stuttering on that.

• Love 1