Type keyword(s) to search

Why Denis Leary Needs To Be The Next Sherlock Holmes

Denis Leary is good in whatever he does.  I actually liked him much more in Rescue Me than The Job.  I also like his support of firefighters.  I would prefer to just stay with JLM.  If he has to be replaced (too sad to even imagine), I would choose Alan Rickman, Damien Lewis, Tim Roth, Jason Isaacs, or David Tennant.  You see, I like me Sherlock English.

However, Denis Leary should be given an opportunity to create his own show with an original character of his own choosing.  I would sign up for that.

Denis Leary, unlikeable as he can be, would be an awful lot more likeable than Jonny Lee Miller.  I find JLM about as compelling and attractive as Dean McDermott.  The role needs someone intense -- Leary FTW there! -- and it wouldn't hurt if it was someone who's got some personality.  I love the Tim Roth suggestion.  

Edited by FineWashables

Tim Roth mumbles even worse than JLM.  Damien Lewis might be good but for now at least he's tied up with his own show. 

I like JLM very well.  Except for his mumbling.

Leary is too Irish to be a Holmes. If that makes sense. How about a Rockford Files type of show? Leary is totally working class (a good thing IMO). Rockford is that kind of detective. Hire Amy Ryan to play his sister and go! Gone Girl reminded me that siblings can be great for character development. No BS and no romance.