Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Ready

Drogo

Bryan gets his first chance in the field, but when the mission goes bust it results in a tragic death; the team uncovers a group of government officials skimming off of refugee funds; Asha shows up unexpectedly at Bryan's doorstep.

I still like this show. lots of action, even though it's all in the dark and I can't see who is fighting whom. I also don't know (or remember) who Asha is, but Bryan telling her his sister was targeted for murder because of him was all kinds of a big mistake IMO. And I wasn't up with Jennifer Beales being shot into a comma, then coming awake and jumping out of bed like she was all refreshed from that nap. WTH is it with tv people healing a gunshot wound in five minutes when a paper cut bothers me for two freaking weeks. I did like the rooftop chase and wondered if the parkour guy was an American Ninja Warrior stunt man, maybe Flip. Got a kick out of Bryan following him on the ground, and noting that Parkour Guy would run out of steam soon. Finally, realism! Although getting in a fist fight with a guy wearing a full motorcycle helmet is sort of ... well, difficult. My wish: Change the name of this show to something original to save the comparison-judgemental critiques. Me, I think this Bryan guy is pretty all right, and I'm in for the season.

• Love 2

Asha is his sister's roommate and best friend.  

Jennifer Beales wasn't shot into a coma, she just lost a lot of blood and was weak and basically sleeping it off.  They made a point of saying that it hadn't hit any major organs probably as a way to hand wave her being up and about by the end of the episode.

• Love 1

I'm loving the action on this show. I'm in for the season.  

I'm looking forward to learning more about Bryan before the movies and getting to know the team a little better. Right now they just have names that I don't even remember.  

Thanks tessathereaper for the Aisha explanation. The fact she's a civilian just-plain-person makes it even weirder that Bryan told her Sis was targeted for death because of him. If she were some special forces sniper, maybe that would be okay. (Or maybe she is, I don't know.) And yeah, I caught the line about Beales not being shot through any "major organs" so she could miraculously jump out of bed and take off upon waking, blood loss and a big bullet hole be damned. Hand waving healing irks me. Even my main man John Reese was in a wheelchair and on crutches for an episode or two after Mark Snow shot him. Still, this is my favorite new show. Just because I nit pick doesn't mean I don't like it.

• Love 1

I already don't like the previews of Brian and Aisha having sex. "I miss my sister so let's have sex since you knew her."  This one was better than the first but I can't buy him being so upset over his sister that he is hallucinating her during a training exercise.  I keep wanting him to pull out an axe and go Rollo. 

Bah!  Huge JB fan that I am, this is a task too far.   Cardboard characters, cookie cutter scripts....just cannot ....

Sorry, JB! Here's hoping you land something else/ more worthy of your abilities  ("Proof" really wasn't that bad after all!)

I agree, Sharon, about not liking Bryan and Aisha having sex, if they do. It's like he can't have sex with his sister so he's screwing her surrogate, which is just a big EWWW in my book. Hoping I'm mistaken and preview is a fake out.

On 3/12/2017 at 0:27 PM, saber5055 said:

I agree, Sharon, about not liking Bryan and Aisha having sex, if they do. It's like he can't have sex with his sister so he's screwing her surrogate, which is just a big EWWW in my book. Hoping I'm mistaken and preview is a fake out.

What?  The preview is for the whole season - not just the next episode.  Him sleeping with Asha - whenever he does - isn't connected to his sister except that it's how he met Asha.