Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

(edited)

1. Paris being asked out on a date by Jamie and her not realizing it---"Was it a good ask out?!" (Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days)

2. Rory helping Paris get ready for her date with Jamie. (TLHCD)

3. Lorelai meeting Rory at the airport after her Washington trip and falling down as they hug. (TLHCD)

4. Lorelai letting Kirk down gently after he asked her out. (Haunted Leg)

5. Lorelai and Rory cancelling plans to spend time together after realizing that Rory going off to college was coming quicker than they thought. (Application Anxiety)

6. Luke and Lorelai talk about possibly having kids in the future if they find the right person. (They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?)

7. Paris admitting to Rory that Jamie had told her he loved her. (TSGDT)

8. Richard and Emily tell Lorelai and Rory how Richard proposed. (Let the Games Begin)

9. Rory and Jess' first kiss. "I'm glad you didn't smoke it." (LTGB)

10. Lorelai and Rory noticing Luke's disappointment when they told him they couldn't make his thanksgiving dinner and subsequently Lorelai pretending to change plans so that they could. (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

11. Lane and Dave's First Kiss (ADFKT)

12. Luke teaches Lorelai how to fish. (Lorelai Out Of Water)

13. Paris tells Rory she slept with Jamie. (The Big One)

14. Rory comforts Paris after her meltdown. (TBO)

15. Lorelai tells Luke about her dream. (A Tale Of Poes And Fire)

16. Lorelai changes all of Rory's Harvard memorabilia to Yale. (ATOPAF)

17. Luke's awkward hug with Rory. (ATOPAF)

18. Dave asks Mrs Kim if he can take Lane to the prom. (Say Goodnight Gracie)

19. Lorelai finds out Rory was named valedictorian. (Here Comes The Son)

20. Rory's speech at her Chilton graduation. (Those Are Strings Pinnochio)

21. Lorelai and Sookie realizing at the same time that Sookie was pregnant.

22 Jackson finally telling Sookie how happy he was about the baby.

23. Jess knowing how far away Yale was from Stars Hollow ("You looked it up!")

24. When Dave tells Lane he's an audiophile and she tells him she loves him...."for that". (Application Anxiety)

25. When Jess turns the sprinkler back on so Dean can save Rory. (Eight O'Clock)

26. Rory and Dean getting pie together and deciding to be friends. (That'll Do, Pig)

27. When Lorelai gets Emily a DVD player and movies for when Richard is out of town. (Dear Emily and Richard)

28. Emily trying her hardest to be nice to Jess at dinner, even though he's being a surly ass. (Swan Song)

29. Emily and Trix making up after Emily exposed her kiss with the man in a track suit. (Face Off)

30. Dave running all the way to hockey rink during a break from playing just to see Lane. (Face Off)

2. When Lorelai sees the chuppah Luke made for her. (Road Trip) is our S2 winner! It's not among my personal favorites, but I totally see why people love this one :) And speaking of moments that a lot of people will love...we're on to our awesome list of sweet, awww-worthy S3 moments! Just vote for the three you want to eliminate! 

My votes: 15 (maybe this is my meh-ness on L/L in general, but I just don't see this one as especially sweet and awww-worthy!), 26 (because...Dean, and we very quickly learn that Dean wants to be friends again in part to 'win her back' from Jess or whatever, which...*sigh*) and 28 (I just can't with these scenes! I end up annoyed with Rory, Jess AND Emily!)

Edited by amensisterfriend

This is actually really hard as I love them all but I'll have to go with 2 (It was a sweet moment but I liked the ask out better), 26 (Because I don't like Dean and he was obviously doing it to annoy Jess) and 28.

(edited)

1. Paris being asked out on a date by Jamie and her not realizing it---"Was it a good ask out?!" (Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days)

3. Lorelai meeting Rory at the airport after her Washington trip and falling down as they hug. (TLHCD)

5. Lorelai and Rory cancelling plans to spend time together after realizing that Rory going off to college was coming quicker than they thought. (Application Anxiety)

6. Luke and Lorelai talk about possibly having kids in the future if they find the right person. (They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?)

7. Paris admitting to Rory that Jamie had told her he loved her. (TSGDT)

8. Richard and Emily tell Lorelai and Rory how Richard proposed. (Let the Games Begin)

10. Lorelai and Rory noticing Luke's disappointment when they told him they couldn't make his thanksgiving dinner and subsequently Lorelai pretending to change plans so that they could. (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

24. When Dave tells Lane he's an audiophile and she tells him she loves him...."for that". (Application Anxiety)

25. When Jess turns the sprinkler back on so Dean can save Rory. (Eight O'Clock)

27. When Lorelai gets Emily a DVD player and movies for when Richard is out of town. (Dear Emily and Richard)

29. Emily and Trix making up after Emily exposed her kiss with the man in a track suit. (Face Off)

30. Dave running all the way to hockey rink during a break from playing just to see Lane. (Face Off)

15, 26 and 28 have the dubious distinction of being our first casualties, and the next round is open! Just vote for the three that you most want eliminated :) 

(edited)

Awww, 27 is such an amazingly touching moment for me in that clever, understated GG sort of way :) 

My votes: 1, 13, 30 (because Dave did it out of jealousy, and GG's whole thing about how funny and adorable it is when guys get really jealous just really annoys me as a general rule!)

48 minutes ago, amensisterfriend said:

Awww, 27 is such an amazingly touching moment for me in that clever, understated GG sort of way :) 

One of my favorite moments of the series. As we do these, I'm realizing that a lot of my favorite moments involve the senior Gilmores. Hmmmm

• Love 1

1 is gone too, and the next round is open! Just vote for the three you most want eliminated :) 

2, 9, 13

1 hour ago, LeafontheWind said:

I really love 21!

I do too!  I know it's silly but I legit get chills when Lorelai gasps as it dawns on her and she runs off to find Sookie.  The show focuses so much on Lorelai's friendship with Rory, it makes me all sappy to see her interact deeply with people her own age (and closer to mine, heh).  It's just a different dynamic.

• Love 1

I had a weird fondness for 5, but then you guys know I love the Lorelai/Rory moments more than is rational :) Our next round is open, and we're still voting against three! 

My votes: 6, 29, 30

33 minutes ago, LeafontheWind said:

I am okay losing 29 and 30, but after looking over the list about seven times, I really can't pick another one!

6, 29, and 30... I don't know how I am going to vote off any more of these.

I know! I'm the same!! This is going to be the hardest one yet I think. :S

• Love 1