Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

(edited)

Lulu, I can always count on your for amazing additions! 

1) "Sorry, too late..." (Final scene from the Pilot in response to Luke's mock warning that Rory doesn't want to turn out like her mom)

2) Lorelai and Rory hug and commiserate over their terrible days (LFDAC) 

3) Lorelai makes a toast about how much Rory means to her (RBP) 

4) Lorelai climbs in bed with Rory and retells the story of her birth (RBP) 

5) Luke makes Rory a special coffee cake for her birthday (RBP) (Ugh, there are way too many sweet moments from this episode!)

6) Luke makes Lorelai a Santa Burger (F&S)

7) Luke closes the diner immediately upon learning that Richard is ill and insists on driving Lorelai to the hospital (F&S)

8) Lorelai gently says that they don't have to change EVERYTHING about the diner after Luke reminisces about his dad (TDDR) 

9) Lorelai speaks to Rachel on Luke's behalf even though she's probably ambivalent about wanting them together! 

10) Lorelai cradles Rory and orders pizza upon seeing that Rory is finally 'ready to wallow' (The Breakup, Pt 2) 

11) Even after Paris has spread a rumor about her mom, Rory tells Paris that she's there if Paris ever needs to talk (Paris is Burning)

12) Rory helps Paris get ready for her date with Tristan, trying to boost her confidence (and sanity!) along the way 

13) Lorelai and Emily bond on the couch (Rory's Dance)

14) Lorelai and Rory run towards each other to share their exciting news (Love, Daisies and Troubadours) 

15) Luke brings hot drinks to the reenactors (L&W&S)

16) Lorelai gives Luke a new blue cap (F&S)

17) Richard aids Lorelai in escaping from her dull setup (SCL)

18) *Rory's "I love you, you idiot". (L, D, & T)

19) Rory asks if she can hug Richard while he's lying in a hospital bed (F&S)

20) Lorelai and Babette have a sweet heart to heart in Babette's kitchen. (Cinnamon's Wake)

21) Lorelai and Luke look on as Jackson and Sookie are at the diner on their first date. (Double Date)

22) Lorelai helps Sookie get ready for her date with Jackson. Rory says she looks pretty. (Double Date)

23) Lorelai and Luke talk about Lorelai's love of snow. Luke shares memories of his dad.

Any others?! 

Edited by amensisterfriend

1) "Sorry, too late..." (Final scene from the Pilot in response to Luke's mock warning that Rory doesn't want to turn out like her mom)

5) Luke makes Rory a special coffee cake for her birthday (RBP) (Ugh, there are way too many sweet moments from this episode!)

7) Luke closes the diner immediately upon learning that Richard is ill and insists on driving Lorelai to the hospital (F&S)

8) Lorelai gently says that they don't have to change EVERYTHING about the diner after Luke reminisces about his dad (TDDR) 

9) Lorelai speaks to Rachel on Luke's behalf even though she's probably ambivalent about wanting them together! 

10) Lorelai cradles Rory and orders pizza upon seeing that Rory is finally 'ready to wallow' (The Breakup, Pt 2) 

11) Even after Paris has spread a rumor about her mom, Rory tells Paris that she's there if Paris ever needs to talk (Paris is Burning)

12) Rory helps Paris get ready for her date with Tristan, trying to boost her confidence (and sanity!) along the way 

14) Lorelai and Rory run towards each other to share their exciting news (Love, Daisies and Troubadours) 

20) Lorelai and Babette have a sweet heart to heart in Babette's kitchen. (Cinnamon's Wake)

21) Lorelai and Luke look on as Jackson and Sookie are at the diner on their first date. (Double Date)

22) Lorelai helps Sookie get ready for her date with Jackson. Rory says she looks pretty. (Double Date)

23) Lorelai and Luke talk about Lorelai's love of snow. Luke shares memories of his dad.

24) Lorelai and Rory sit on the grass looking at the Dragonfly talking about opening the Inn.

25) Rory finally bonds with Lorelai about her first kiss, showing that just because she has a boyfriend doesn't mean she'll start shutting her mom out of her life (Kiss and Tell) 

Lulu, I added a 25th :) 

I do understand...so let's start voting while we're still at 25 :) (If anyone has additions, feel free to add them sometime today!) Just vote against the three that you can bear to part with. I love literally all of these, so it's going to be a huge challenge!

24) Lorelai and Rory sit on the grass looking at the Dragonfly talking about opening the Inn.

25) Rory finally bonds with Lorelai about her first kiss, showing that just because she has a boyfriend doesn't mean she'll start shutting her mom out of her life (Kiss and Tell) 

(edited)

26)  "Yes, Emily, you may go first" (F&S) 

Great addition, kohola! I just added it to the list.

My votes, with the understanding that I really do love ALL of these :)  

9, 18, 20

Edited by amensisterfriend

4 and 9 are gone, but we have a three-way tie for that final spot among 11, 18 and 20. Just vote for the ONE of those three you most want eliminated, and to make it both suspenseful and quick, I'll end this after just one vote :) 

I have mixed feelings about 4---I didn't vote for it because it's kind of an iconic, very memorable GG scene for me, but I can also see why people might think it's just a bit too MUCH, for lack of a better way of putting it :) 

(edited)

I went ahead and updated the list since I'm on my computer.

11, 17, 18

Edited by lulu1960
On 6/21/2016 at 4:44 PM, amensisterfriend said:

As some of you know, my mom's cancer has returned with a vengeance, and I desperately need a mood-lifting distraction.

Ah, dammit, I didn't know that.  I'm so sorry.  :(

Thanks Lulu for letting me know this game was back up!

My votes - 14, 18, 25

Ghoulina, cbf just beat you to the punch :) 

Our next round is open, and we're still voting against three...and this is already impossibly difficult!

3, 11 and 25 are history, and the next round is open! We're still voting against three...