Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

6 is gone (you guys are killing me with this Jess round!!! Nearly all of my favorites are gone :() The next round is open:

2. "Then you gotta go" powerful scene between Jess and Luke
4. Jess going in the lake
5. "I made sure she was okay."  "I know you did."  Jess and Luke after the accident in Teach Me Tonight
17. Jess and Rory share their first kiss at the gas station
25. Jess and Rory sitting on the bridge eating the picnic lunch from the bid-a-basket.

My vote: 5 

I like the last two selections. 2 was a very powerful scene indeed. Very raw and emotional. But 17 was just so sweet and natural. Rory (Alexis) didn't look uncomfortable doing the kissing part of it. (It could be because she was dating Milo). 

So I shall vote to eliminate 2

Rory, are you in any way malnourished or in need of some international relief organization to recruit a
celebrity to raise money on your account?

EMILY: Oh, no, we let Heidi go months ago. She had a problem closing things -- the door, the refrigerator --
RICHARD: The liquor bottle.

When Rory arrives late for golf: Ah, 8:30. We must remember to buy her a watch.

I'm sitting here with tears dripping down my face.  :(

I'm really saddened by it as well. I'm so glad we're using this round to honor him.

Happy 2015, everyone! I'm adding some that popped to mind:

1. "You need money." Lorelai asks for Chilton money.
2. "You're tall." Richard and Rory at the first FND Pilot

3. Rory, are you in any way malnourished or in need of some international relief organization to recruit a
4. EMILY: Oh, no, we let Heidi go months ago. She had a problem closing things -- the door, the refrigerator --
5. When Rory arrives late for golf: Ah, 8:30. We must remember to buy her a watch.

6. "I'm an autumn!" (Richard's realization at Rory's birthday party!) 

7. Richard keeps giving Rory money to support her dram of going to Fez 

8. Richard is incredibly excited to have his beloved granddaughter meet his beloved (albeit difficult!) mother (The Third Lorelai)

9. Seeing how upset Emily is, a hospitalized Richard gently says "Yes Emily. You may go first." (Forgiveness and Stuff) 

10. Richard defends Lorelai when Straub insults her (Christopher Returns)

11. Richard is quietly complicit in helping Lorelai sneak away from the painfully boring date Emily sprung on her (Star Crossed Lovers)

Can we still add to the list? What about when Richard helps Rory play a joke on Logan by pretending that the two are engaged after Logan plays that prank on her in front of her class. I think it is from Not as Cute as Pushkin.

Edited by LeafontheWind
  • Love 1

Leafonthewind, yes, we're still adding! We're doing it season by season, though, so this first list contains moments from the first season. 

1. "You need money." Lorelai asks for Chilton money.
2. "You're tall." Richard and Rory at the first FND Pilot
3. Rory, are you in any way malnourished or in need of some international relief organization to recruit a
4. EMILY: Oh, no, we let Heidi go months ago. She had a problem closing things -- the door, the refrigerator --
5. When Rory arrives late for golf: Ah, 8:30. We must remember to buy her a watch.
6. "I'm an autumn!" (Richard's realization at Rory's birthday party!)
7. Richard keeps giving Rory money to support her dram of going to Fez
8. Richard is incredibly excited to have his beloved granddaughter meet his beloved (albeit difficult!) mother (The Third Lorelai)
9. Seeing how upset Emily is, a hospitalized Richard gently says "Yes Emily. You may go first." (Forgiveness and Stuff)
10. Richard defends Lorelai when Straub insults her (Christopher Returns)
11. Richard is quietly complicit in helping Lorelai sneak away from the painfully boring date Emily sprung on her (Star Crossed Lovers)

12. Richard proudly beams about Rory to him Golf Cronies. (Kill Me Now)
13, Rory reads the newspaper to Richard and then asks if she can hug him. (Forgiveness and Stuff)