Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

1. "I just want to see you happy..." (BV)
2. Car shopping
3. Hay Bale Maze conversation
4. "I wanna horn"
5. Lorelai meets Luke with Doula in the stroller
7. Luke shows up at the hospital with food
8. Luke asks Lorelai for a character reference at the Dragonfly
9. Lorelai sings I Will Always Love You
15. Lorelai goes to the hospital and Luke sees the ring.

11 and 14 are gone, and the next round is open!

My votes: 5 and...hmmm...2. (I know we're supposed to be happy that they're back to their usual dynamic of sniping and bickering, but it just gives me a headache.) 

3 and 15 are gone (hee---you guys don't like "compartmentalizing?!") and the next round is open. This is the last time we're voting against two! 

My votes: 2 and 5

1. "I just want to see you happy..." (BV)
2. Car shopping
4. "I wanna horn"
5. Lorelai meets Luke with Doula in the stroller
7. Luke shows up at the hospital with food
8. Luke asks Lorelai for a character reference at the Dragonfly
9. Lorelai sings I Will Always Love You

I always was so unsatisfied with Lorelai's serenade. Luke's response was weird -- why did he smile and then do nothing? I didn't expect him to run up to the stage and kiss her but expected more than him waiting until the next day to, what, buy her a necklace? grrr.

Why, yes, we did, I do believe.

Here's one, hard to label:

"What are you looking at?" Jess says after he and Rory do a little dance at the diner while Luke watches right before Fran's funeral 3.20, Say Goodnight, Gracie

Also same episode

"Then you gotta go" powerful scene between Jess and Luke

Jess hunting for the swan

Jess going in the lake

• Love 1

Luke and Jess hugging. Jess appreciates Luke. R&R

Luke teases Jess about the forklift being an extension of him.

Luke asks Jess if he is a gigolo.

Lorelai trying to set Jess straight about how good of a man Luke is. Jess asks if she's sleeping with him.

Gypsy is fixing Jess' car. He sees someone that looks like Rory. 

Jess and Mama Kim. "Baseball?" "Cricket."

Jess and Dean get into it when Dean comes to the house unexpectedly. "Now tell her to go inside"

Jess and Dean get into it at the bid a basket. "Basket."Basket maker. Guy who didn't bring enough money."

Jess and TJ get into it about walking Liz down the aisle.

• Love 2

These are fantastic---you guys are awesome! The good thing about doing Jess moments, totally irrespective of whether you happen to like the character, is that he was present primarily during the glory days of S2, S3 and (occasionally) S4, so we're not cringing our way through later seasons again...well, at least not until we list Jess's scenes from S6 :) I'll be back later to add some more scenes and out the list together. Meanwhile, I'm wishing you all a happy, safe, "Deep-Fried Korean" Thanksgiving! ;) 

Edited by amensisterfriend
  • Love 2

Jess and Rory ride through town on a sleigh in Bracebridge Dinner

Jess looked up how far it is from Stars Hollow to Yale.  Rory is pleased.  (Don't remember the episode.)

Jess meets April.  "Your books are really easy to skim."  "That'll make a nice blurb."  TRPA

• Love 1

Jess' speech to Luke that he butts into everyone's business. (Nag Hammadi)

Jess telling Luke that he doesn't even know Shane's last name. And the people he likes don't like him back. (One's Got Class ...)

Jess showing Rory the book he wrote. He finds out that Rory left Yale

Jess and Rory sitting on the bridge eating the picnic lunch from the bid-a-basket.

• Love 1

Before everyone gets to enscotched ... I mean ensconced in the day's festivities I'd like to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving (or just a great day). Remember to count your blessings as you steal the marshmallows off your loved one's plate. Now go off and deep-fry a shoe!

• Love 3

OMG nolie the throwing out the deodorant scene is one of my all time faves!  So hilarious!  (And then later, Lorelai:  You dried his armpits?  Luke:  I don't wanna talk about it.  Hahahahahahaha.)

• Love 1

1. "What are you looking at?" Jess says after he and Rory do a little dance at the diner while Luke watches right before Fran's funeral 3.20, Say Goodnight, Gracie

2. "Then you gotta go" powerful scene between Jess and Luke

3. Jess hunting for the swan
4. Jess going in the lake

5. "I made sure she was okay."  "I know you did."  Jess and Luke after the accident in Teach Me Tonight
6. Jess and Paris argue about books and publications in There's the Rub

7. Luke and Jess hugging. Jess appreciates Luke. R&R
8. Luke teases Jess about the forklift being an extension of him.
9. Luke asks Jess if he is a gigolo.
10. Lorelai trying to set Jess straight about how good of a man Luke is. Jess asks if she's sleeping with him.
11. Gypsy is fixing Jess' car. He sees someone that looks like Rory.
12. Jess and Mama Kim. "Baseball?" "Cricket."
13. Jess and Dean get into it when Dean comes to the house unexpectedly. "Now tell her to go inside"
14. Jess and Dean get into it at the bid a basket. "Basket."Basket maker. Guy who didn't bring enough money."
15. Jess and TJ get into it about walking Liz down the aisle.

16. Jess calls Logan the blond dick from Yale
17. Jess and Rory share their first kiss by Gypsy's
18. Jess tells Rory he loves her.

19. Jess and Rory ride through town on a sleigh in Bracebridge Dinner
20. Jess looked up how far it is from Stars Hollow to Yale.  Rory is pleased.  
21. Jess meets April.  "Your books are really easy to skim."  "That'll make a nice blurb."  TRPA

22. Jess' speech to Luke that he butts into everyone's business. (Nag Hammadi)

23. Jess telling Luke that he doesn't even know Shane's last name. And the people he likes don't like him back. (One's Got Class ...)
24. Jess showing Rory the book he wrote. He finds out that Rory left Yale
25. Jess and Rory sitting on the bridge eating the picnic lunch from the bid-a-basket.

26. Jess helps Luke get ready for Liz's wedding -- choosing the tie and throwing out the TJ contaminated deodorant.

27. Rory impulsively calls Jess at the end of AT, AT 

28. Rory and Jess wander around hot dog stands and record stores when she visits him in NYC (LGD)

29. Rory tells Jess through the bus window that she came because he didn't say goodbye (LGD) 

30. Rory tells a silent Jess through the phone that she thinks she loved him, but now she has to move on (TASP)

31. The infamously awkward "Hi" "hi" hi" " hi" after Jess and Rory start dating (Let the Games Begin)

32. Rory and Jess share passionate kisses at the gas station (Let the Games Begin)

..I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I consolidated the list and added a bunch of new ones. Are we still missing some? If so, please feel free to add before we start voting! 

• Love 1