Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

7 (I don't care about Logan or think she did anything wrong, but the whole storyline just seemed so silly and pointless.)

16 (Team Jess; but nah, man. She ain't leaving Yale for you. Plus, I don't need one more scene of Dean and Jess puffing up their chests around each other.)

32 (This whole episode makes me sad for Marty, who I was in no way even rooting for.)

First casualties are 16, 13, and 30!  Still voting against three.

Yale scenes

1.  The Gilmores go tailgating.  We've got Whiffenpoofs, dirty buttons, Bloody Marys, fun flasks, Rory flasks, more food than you can eat in a week, stories about Richard naked, and Pennilyn Lott.  "We do not joke with Pennilyn Lott. We do not refer to Pennilyn Lott as anything but Pennilyn Lott, and I would appreciate you remembering that."  (Ted Koppel's Big Night Out)

2.  Rory and Lorelai attend the ballet that Rory is writing about.  It is bad.  It is very bad.  "I don't think the guy is supposed to wince when he lifts the ballerina."  (Die, Jerk)

3.  Someone wrote 'Die, Jerk' on the suite door.  Paris thinks Rory is there to make good on the promise.  "Come on, we're assembling inside."  (Die, Jerk)

4.  Rory hears a sound outside her dorm and finds Marty asleep in the hallway.  "I have no clothes on." "No, you don't."  (The Hobbit, the Sofa, and Digger Stiles)

5.  Emily breaks into Rory's dorm and redecorates.  "Smell what?" "The room - it smells like guilt and Chanel No. 5."  (THtSaDS)

6.  Emily comes to visit Rory because Richard went out and she doesn't want to be the first one back, and Paris thinks she's there for Asher's wake.  "Oh, now, there's no need to cry. Yale is full of excellent teachers."  (WitS)

7.  Rory has a crush on the T.A. who took over the economics class after Richard's heart attack, and is flustered every time she's around him.  "You're all red and blotchy."  (FMP)

8.  Richard has a heart attack while teaching.  "Mom, it was awful. He just fell down."  (TWIMC/IRBIP)

9.  In an attempt to win Rory back, Logan hires a coffee cart to follow her around Yale.  "All day. Any time you want some coffee, biscotti, I will be here."  (JLGaG)

10.  Richard secretly sets up an interview for Rory at Yale.  Rory does well during the interview but then lets him have it afterward.  "I like to be prepared. This has nothing to do with Mom. If you had really wanted me to take this meeting, I would’ve done it just because you asked me to. And I would’ve done it right." (Let the Games Begin)

11.  We learn more about Emily & Richard's relationship during their tour of Yale.  He proposed next to a trash can.  "You had just finished calling me a spineless jellyfish."  (Let the Games Begin)

12.  Rory and Logan sneak into the cafeteria at night and steal cereal.  "Whoa! Oh, I've never seen the cereal completely full before. I'm never here early enough! I knew they had Cocoa Puffs."  (Pulp Friction)

14.  Rory and Paris try to raise awareness for prisoners in Burma.  It's not going well.  "People suck.  You all suck!"  (GiB, BDTT)

15.  Logan and Rory meet properly by Rory’s dorm.  "I don't have an argument." "I can give you a moment to formulate one if you want to continue."  (WitS)

17.  Lorelai (and Luke) help move Rory into her dorm room.  Lorelai stays the night when Rory panics about being left alone.  "Adults don't want their mommies." "Yes, they do, honey. I'm not a good example, but -"  (TLFDAY)

18.  Logan makes the mistake of going by Paris' apartment to try to talk to Rory after the bridesmaids debacle.  "You, Logan Huntzberger, are nothing but a two-bit, spoiled waste of a trust fund. You offer nothing to women or the world in general. If you were to disappear from the face of the earth tomorrow, the only person that would miss you is your Porsche dealer." "Want to chime in here?" "No, I think Paris has got it covered."  (IOYO)

19.  Dean attempts to deliver a bookcase to Rory's dorm room.  "There's no place to put this."  (TTTB)

20.  Paris needs to know how loud Rory is during sex so she can plan accordingly.  "I just need the information to formulate a good plan. I mean, you look all small and squeaky, but sometimes, it's exactly the bunny-looking girls who can blow the roof off the barn."  (TaTT)

21.  Paris goes off the deep end and hides in her bunker while Rory works to get the paper out.  Logan jumps in to help.  Rory is shocked to learn he can type 90 words a minute.  "You really did only like me for my looks, huh?"  (FNAFF)

22.  Paris is forced into stepping down as editor of the Yale Daily News, Rory is elected in her place.  "I'd vote for anybody over Casey because Casey's an idiot and he didn't even show up." "He's in the back." "Sorry, Casey."  (YBG)

23.  Rory lies to Doyle about her relationship with Trix while researching for the obituary, so that he won't yell at her for not working on the paper.  "My grandmother was a very special woman. She drove me to my prom, and I'd be a poor man if I'd never known her. Finish the obituary."  (TRL)

24.  Paris walks in to find sick Doyle in her bed.  She calls Nanny for help.  "What's Portuguese for 'Ow, you're ripping my chest hair out'?"  (BIAG)

25.  Glenn has a summer internship with the New York Times.  Doyle is pissy about it.  "It’s absolutely amazing that I spent all summer in Indiana working my ass off for the Muncie Messenger, and you went from Star Trek Convention to Boba Fett Fan Club Symposium, and yet, lookie here. The New York Times. Isn’t that great, Rory? Aren’t you seeing how great it is?"  (NMIP)

26.  Rory, Paris, Janet, and Tanna have a roommates meeting before Rory's date with Trevor.  Paris and Janet argue about Janet's early workouts and Paris' craft corner.  They decide to have a foot race to settle the issue.   "Now, they're gonna have a nice musk."  (TFTA)

27.  Paris pressures Rory into leaving their door open for the first week of school party, but then kicks everyone out.  "Take your gross beer and your inane conversations somewhere else. Move!"  (THTSaDS)

28.  Rory shows Anna around campus.  They run into Logan.  Rory sniffs a book and calls Logan a butt-faced miscreant.  (BNACAP)

29.  After Logan's classroom prank, Richard has a "talk" with him about the proper time and place for displays of affection, property agreements, pre-nups, and the like.  "I do hope one of his dopey-looking friends knows CPR or he just might not make it."  (BNACAP)

31.  Robert asks Rory out, and checks out the book she's reading. "I heard Renee Zellweger is gaining a ton of weight to play the peasant."  (PCF)

32.  Rory dresses up like Harpo for her Marx Brothers marathon with Marty, which later gets interrupted by Logan.  "I like what you’ve done with the place."  (JaCF)

33.  Lorelai throws a party in the dorm the first night, they rate all of the food and cuteness of delivery drivers.  "Ooh, um, do me a favor? Count to ten before you leave."  (TLFDAY)

34.  Rory bribes the guy to leave so she can have her study tree back.  "You're gonna pay me for the tree?"  (AAtR)

35.  Rory, Paris, and Richard are having lunch in the dining hall.  Asher Fleming stops by their table.  Paris makes an impression.  "Not too self-important, you made your point, and managed to look remotely interested when Charlie babbled on pretentiously about nothing." "Well, Charlie Rose is a good friend of mine." "Whatever."  (TKBNO)

36.  Lorelai stops by the dorm room to pick Rory up, Paris offers to talk with her about her breakup with Luke.  "And let me know before Tuesday, because I'm doing a paper for my Emotional Mental Health class about how women of a certain age cope with loneliness, and I think you'd be a great lead-off anecdote."  (JaCF)

37.  Rory and Lorelai stroll the campus eating ice cream in the winter and Rory asks how Lorelai is doing after the breakup.  "Angel, I have been dumped before."  "Not by Luke."  (JaCF)

38.  Chris comes to have lunch with Rory.  He's got girls checking him out.  "It's the same way with mom. I swear, I hate having hot parents."  (YBG)

2, 7, 34 gone!

Yale scenes

1.  The Gilmores go tailgating.  We've got Whiffenpoofs, dirty buttons, Bloody Marys, fun flasks, Rory flasks, more food than you can eat in a week, stories about Richard naked, and Pennilyn Lott.  "We do not joke with Pennilyn Lott. We do not refer to Pennilyn Lott as anything but Pennilyn Lott, and I would appreciate you remembering that."  (Ted Koppel's Big Night Out)

3.  Someone wrote 'Die, Jerk' on the suite door.  Paris thinks Rory is there to make good on the promise.  "Come on, we're assembling inside."  (Die, Jerk)

4.  Rory hears a sound outside her dorm and finds Marty asleep in the hallway.  "I have no clothes on." "No, you don't."  (The Hobbit, the Sofa, and Digger Stiles)

5.  Emily breaks into Rory's dorm and redecorates.  "Smell what?" "The room - it smells like guilt and Chanel No. 5."  (THtSaDS)

6.  Emily comes to visit Rory because Richard went out and she doesn't want to be the first one back, and Paris thinks she's there for Asher's wake.  "Oh, now, there's no need to cry. Yale is full of excellent teachers."  (WitS)

8.  Richard has a heart attack while teaching.  "Mom, it was awful. He just fell down."  (TWIMC/IRBIP)

9.  In an attempt to win Rory back, Logan hires a coffee cart to follow her around Yale.  "All day. Any time you want some coffee, biscotti, I will be here."  (JLGaG)

10.  Richard secretly sets up an interview for Rory at Yale.  Rory does well during the interview but then lets him have it afterward.  "I like to be prepared. This has nothing to do with Mom. If you had really wanted me to take this meeting, I would’ve done it just because you asked me to. And I would’ve done it right." (Let the Games Begin)

11.  We learn more about Emily & Richard's relationship during their tour of Yale.  He proposed next to a trash can.  "You had just finished calling me a spineless jellyfish."  (Let the Games Begin)

12.  Rory and Logan sneak into the cafeteria at night and steal cereal.  "Whoa! Oh, I've never seen the cereal completely full before. I'm never here early enough! I knew they had Cocoa Puffs."  (Pulp Friction)

14.  Rory and Paris try to raise awareness for prisoners in Burma.  It's not going well.  "People suck.  You all suck!"  (GiB, BDTT)

15.  Logan and Rory meet properly by Rory’s dorm.  "I don't have an argument." "I can give you a moment to formulate one if you want to continue."  (WitS)

17.  Lorelai (and Luke) help move Rory into her dorm room.  Lorelai stays the night when Rory panics about being left alone.  "Adults don't want their mommies." "Yes, they do, honey. I'm not a good example, but -"  (TLFDAY)

18.  Logan makes the mistake of going by Paris' apartment to try to talk to Rory after the bridesmaids debacle.  "You, Logan Huntzberger, are nothing but a two-bit, spoiled waste of a trust fund. You offer nothing to women or the world in general. If you were to disappear from the face of the earth tomorrow, the only person that would miss you is your Porsche dealer." "Want to chime in here?" "No, I think Paris has got it covered."  (IOYO)

19.  Dean attempts to deliver a bookcase to Rory's dorm room.  "There's no place to put this."  (TTTB)

20.  Paris needs to know how loud Rory is during sex so she can plan accordingly.  "I just need the information to formulate a good plan. I mean, you look all small and squeaky, but sometimes, it's exactly the bunny-looking girls who can blow the roof off the barn."  (TaTT)

21.  Paris goes off the deep end and hides in her bunker while Rory works to get the paper out.  Logan jumps in to help.  Rory is shocked to learn he can type 90 words a minute.  "You really did only like me for my looks, huh?"  (FNAFF)

22.  Paris is forced into stepping down as editor of the Yale Daily News, Rory is elected in her place.  "I'd vote for anybody over Casey because Casey's an idiot and he didn't even show up." "He's in the back." "Sorry, Casey."  (YBG)

23.  Rory lies to Doyle about her relationship with Trix while researching for the obituary, so that he won't yell at her for not working on the paper.  "My grandmother was a very special woman. She drove me to my prom, and I'd be a poor man if I'd never known her. Finish the obituary."  (TRL)

24.  Paris walks in to find sick Doyle in her bed.  She calls Nanny for help.  "What's Portuguese for 'Ow, you're ripping my chest hair out'?"  (BIAG)

25.  Glenn has a summer internship with the New York Times.  Doyle is pissy about it.  "It’s absolutely amazing that I spent all summer in Indiana working my ass off for the Muncie Messenger, and you went from Star Trek Convention to Boba Fett Fan Club Symposium, and yet, lookie here. The New York Times. Isn’t that great, Rory? Aren’t you seeing how great it is?"  (NMIP)

26.  Rory, Paris, Janet, and Tanna have a roommates meeting before Rory's date with Trevor.  Paris and Janet argue about Janet's early workouts and Paris' craft corner.  They decide to have a foot race to settle the issue.   "Now, they're gonna have a nice musk."  (TFTA)

27.  Paris pressures Rory into leaving their door open for the first week of school party, but then kicks everyone out.  "Take your gross beer and your inane conversations somewhere else. Move!"  (THTSaDS)

28.  Rory shows Anna around campus.  They run into Logan.  Rory sniffs a book and calls Logan a butt-faced miscreant.  (BNACAP)

29.  After Logan's classroom prank, Richard has a "talk" with him about the proper time and place for displays of affection, property agreements, pre-nups, and the like.  "I do hope one of his dopey-looking friends knows CPR or he just might not make it."  (BNACAP)

31.  Robert asks Rory out, and checks out the book she's reading. "I heard Renee Zellweger is gaining a ton of weight to play the peasant."  (PCF)

32.  Rory dresses up like Harpo for her Marx Brothers marathon with Marty, which later gets interrupted by Logan.  "I like what you’ve done with the place."  (JaCF)

33.  Lorelai throws a party in the dorm the first night, they rate all of the food and cuteness of delivery drivers.  "Ooh, um, do me a favor? Count to ten before you leave."  (TLFDAY)

35.  Rory, Paris, and Richard are having lunch in the dining hall.  Asher Fleming stops by their table.  Paris makes an impression.  "Not too self-important, you made your point, and managed to look remotely interested when Charlie babbled on pretentiously about nothing." "Well, Charlie Rose is a good friend of mine." "Whatever."  (TKBNO)

36.  Lorelai stops by the dorm room to pick Rory up, Paris offers to talk with her about her breakup with Luke.  "And let me know before Tuesday, because I'm doing a paper for my Emotional Mental Health class about how women of a certain age cope with loneliness, and I think you'd be a great lead-off anecdote."  (JaCF)

37.  Rory and Lorelai stroll the campus eating ice cream in the winter and Rory asks how Lorelai is doing after the breakup.  "Angel, I have been dumped before."  "Not by Luke."  (JaCF)

38.  Chris comes to have lunch with Rory.  He's got girls checking him out.  "It's the same way with mom. I swear, I hate having hot parents."  (YBG)

8 and 9 are out, and I'm going with 32 as the tie-breaker because that whole scenario makes me so sad for Marty. He deserved better than being Rory's "fill in" when she didn't have anyone more interesting to hang out with.

Yale scenes

1 hour ago, Taryn74 said:

I'm going with 32 as the tie-breaker because that whole scenario makes me so sad for Marty. He deserved better than being Rory's "fill in" when she didn't have anyone more interesting to hang out with.

I'm not particularly fond of Marty's behavior in season 5 and especially in season 7, but I'm on his side here. Rory begged him to hang out with her, he expressed his hesitance, she persisted, and not ten minutes after he showed up she decided to ditch the plans they had made to do something that clearly made him uncomfortable. I should've included this incident in the last round actually, because this is Rory at her worst.

• Love 2

5, 19, and 38 out!  Still voting against three.

Yale scenes

10, 20, 36 gone!  Still voting against three.

Yale scenes

15 minutes ago, Bumblebee Tights said:

Oh I love 10! I tend to really enjoy it when Rory drops her people pleasing "angel child" persona and stands up for herself. 

I agree!  I especially love that she really did have a valid reason to be upset and it didn't have anything to do with Lorelai's prejudices about Yale.

• Love 1

22, 25, 31 gone!

Yale scenes

12, 18, 37 outta here!  Still three.

Yale scenes