Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

So, as I understand it, we vote out things that don't bother us all that much until we get to one where we absolutely want to throttle the character for being so awful, correct?

Pretty much, yep!

Honestly, I'm sure this is controversial, but 2. I know, I know, the ultimatum wasn't cool, and Lorelai tends to get impulsive and rash when she's angry, which is not one of her finer qualities. I think I was just so relieved to see her finally dealing with the situation directly instead of all of the passive aggression and depressed behavior that I wasn't really angry with her about this.

Also 30, ( Taylor's right!), and 37.

• Love 1

8 - Bratty as I found Rory through the last half of the series, finding out your parents eloped without giving you a heads-up is awful.  I don't blame her for a relatively short silent treatment.

14 - Lorelai was a single woman entitled to sleep with whomever she wanted.  I may not have liked her choice, but she can own her own sexuality and make her own decisions.

19 - his girlfriend was having a private dinner with another guy without a heads-up to him.  I can totally see why he was a jerk.  Jess was no peach either.

23, 30, 37 gone!  Voting against three.

Scenes where a character is acting in such a way that you hate them for it.  (Vote against the scenes you don't personally feel as strongly about.)

1.  Rory yells at Lorelai after having sex with Married!Dean.  "I hate you for ruining this for me!"  (R&R)

2.  Lorelai screams her ultimatum regarding their marriage at Luke - "No!  I'm not waiting!  It's now or never!"  (Partings)

3.  Emily goes to Christopher and encourages him to break up Lorelai and Luke, as they are getting serious.  "Timing has never been your strong point, Christopher.  You should see if you can change that."  (Come Home)

4.  Lorelai goes to thank Richard for defending her to Straub.  She is hurt when Richard makes it clear he didn't do it for her sake.  "A member of my family was being attacked. The very Gilmore name was being attacked. I will not stand for that, not under any circumstances."  (Christopher Returns)

5.  Dean breaks up with Rory on their three month anniversary.  "You don't get pregnant saying 'I love you'."  (SCLAOS)

6.  Lorelai snaps at Sookie for pointing out the two-month-getaway-dance with Max.  "When did you become the relationship expert? You haven't been in a relationship in years."  (Paris is Burning)

7.  Rory feels like taking to the sea but needs a yacht.  "Not ours to take."  "That ever stopped you before?"  (BBAM)

8.  Rory is angry that Lorelai and Chris got married in France without her, and refuses to take Lorelai's calls.  (Planetarium)

9.  Dean yells at Lindsay for answering his phone when Rory called.  "G-d, Lindsay, you know, you don't -- you don't get it, do you? I mean, you have absolutely no respect for me at all. That's just obvious."  (SGTDM)

10.  Rory takes off to see Jess in NYC and misses Lorelai's graduation.  "It was a once in a lifetime thing. You should've been there. My best friend should've been there."  (LGD)

11.  Rory brings Dean to FND and Richard is nasty to him all evening.  "This family has standards. You live up to them, and you should expect that everyone that you spend time with live up to them also."  (Sadie, Sadie)

12.  Luke agrees to go to Martha's Vineyard with Rory and Logan but then grouches about everything the entire time.  (AVV)

13.  Luke freaks out when a woman is breastfeeding in the diner.  "This is a diner, not a peep show!"  (Oasis)

14.  Lorelai sleeps with Chris after leaving Luke standing in the street when he refuses her ultimatum.  (Partings)

15.  Lane flips out when she sees an exchange student living with Mrs. Kim.  "You don't have to feel sorry for Mrs. Kim! Mrs. Kim is fine! And give me back my sweater, and my second-least-favorite scarf!"  (Afterboom)

16.  Paris avoids talking to Jamie for weeks, then breaks up with him on the phone.  "Hey, it's me. We've got to end this - now. There's just no reason to prolong it. Sorry you came all the way out here."  (AFM)

17.  Jess assumes Rory followed him into Kyle's bedroom for sex.  (Keg! Max!)

18.  Richard makes a business agreement with Floyd, screwing Jason over in the process.  (TTTB)

19.  Logan is jealous that Jess came back to visit Rory, and is a complete d!ck at dinner.  (Balalaikas)

20.  Rory silently allows Emily to humiliate Lorelai when Logan is over for FND.  (Kropogs)

21.  Anna refuses Lorelai's attempts to smooth things over after April's birthday party, and tells Lorelai she has no part in April's life.  "Engaged isn't married.  People get engaged all the time."  (SCPP)

22.  Paris assumes Rory came over to comfort her after finding out she and Doyle broke up, Rory goes along with it.  "I throw you out, I treat you like dirt, no one else can stand me, but you come over to make sure I'm all right."  (Bridesmaids)

24.  Lorelai acts a fool at Thanksgiving dinner after finding out Rory applied to Yale as a backup school.  (ADFKT)

25.  Tristan pulls the rich asshole act on Dean in Doose's, drops and spills a bag of flour and then throws money down to "cover it."  (RALB)

26.  Lorelai screams at Luke in the middle of town square because Jess and Rory got into an accident.  (TMT)

27.  Lorelai tries to give Luke parenting advice about Jess, he makes a nasty crack about her getting pregnant at 16.  (N&N, S&N)

28.  Emily finds out Richard has been having lunch with Pennilyn Lott and takes it out on Lorelai.  "If you hadn't talked to her, I wouldn't have known, and everything would have been fine!"  (TKBNO)

29.  Lane finds out Rory and Dean had sex and squees over the "romance" of it all.  "You did it at Miss Patty's?  She would be so proud!"  (SGTDM)

31.  Lorelai goes off on Jess over Rory's bracelet.  "Oh, don’t whatever me, you little jerk. You let Rory run around completely panicked, thinking she lost her boyfriend’s bracelet. She was miserable, do you understand that?"  (Lost & Found)

32.  Taylor finds out Kirk didn't make an egg map, first yells at him in the soda shoppe in front of customers, and later embarrasses him in front of the search volunteers.  (TTTB)

33.  Taylor is upset that Rory doesn't have time to be the Ice Cream Queen, so he makes a big deal out of her being too busy to care about the town anymore and makes a kid cry.  (B&B)

34.  Lorelai acts like she and Rory are too good to hang out with the B&B'ers at the Cheshire Cat.  "That was not on the freaking list!"  (RTTH)

35.  Rory runs into Jess on the bus as he's leaving for California, he tells her he can't go to prom but doesn't tell her he's leaving.  (SGG)

36.  Emily tells Luke to go back to Lorelai.  "She wants you, Luke. She’s made her choice, G-d help her, but there it is. It doesn’t matter if I agree with it, I can’t fight it. You’ve won. Go back to her. I promise I will stay out of it."  (So...Good Talk)

38.  Lorelai is disdainful of the Springsteen family and accuses the two younger kids of incest.  (Application Anxiety)

39.  Emily is upset when Lorelai still isn't speaking to her after she told Luke to go back to her, thinking he didn't take her advice, so she goes to the diner and yells at him.  (Pulp Friction)

40.  Dean pulls Lorelai away from her picnic with Luke to gripe about Rory going off with Jess.  (A'Tisket A'Tasket)

10 hours ago, deaja said:

8 - Bratty as I found Rory through the last half of the series, finding out your parents eloped without giving you a heads-up is awful.  I don't blame her for a relatively short silent treatment.

14 - Lorelai was a single woman entitled to sleep with whomever she wanted.  I may not have liked her choice, but she can own her own sexuality and make her own decisions.

19 - his girlfriend was having a private dinner with another guy without a heads-up to him.  I can totally see why he was a jerk.  Jess was no peach either.

I will stick with these. LOL 

8, 15, 22 gone!  Still three.

Scenes where a character is acting in such a way that you hate them for it.  (Vote against the scenes you don't personally feel as strongly about.)

1.  Rory yells at Lorelai after having sex with Married!Dean.  "I hate you for ruining this for me!"  (R&R)

2.  Lorelai screams her ultimatum regarding their marriage at Luke - "No!  I'm not waiting!  It's now or never!"  (Partings)

3.  Emily goes to Christopher and encourages him to break up Lorelai and Luke, as they are getting serious.  "Timing has never been your strong point, Christopher.  You should see if you can change that."  (Come Home)

4.  Lorelai goes to thank Richard for defending her to Straub.  She is hurt when Richard makes it clear he didn't do it for her sake.  "A member of my family was being attacked. The very Gilmore name was being attacked. I will not stand for that, not under any circumstances."  (Christopher Returns)

5.  Dean breaks up with Rory on their three month anniversary.  "You don't get pregnant saying 'I love you'."  (SCLAOS)

6.  Lorelai snaps at Sookie for pointing out the two-month-getaway-dance with Max.  "When did you become the relationship expert? You haven't been in a relationship in years."  (Paris is Burning)

7.  Rory feels like taking to the sea but needs a yacht.  "Not ours to take."  "That ever stopped you before?"  (BBAM)

9.  Dean yells at Lindsay for answering his phone when Rory called.  "G-d, Lindsay, you know, you don't -- you don't get it, do you? I mean, you have absolutely no respect for me at all. That's just obvious."  (SGTDM)

10.  Rory takes off to see Jess in NYC and misses Lorelai's graduation.  "It was a once in a lifetime thing. You should've been there. My best friend should've been there."  (LGD)

11.  Rory brings Dean to FND and Richard is nasty to him all evening.  "This family has standards. You live up to them, and you should expect that everyone that you spend time with live up to them also."  (Sadie, Sadie)

12.  Luke agrees to go to Martha's Vineyard with Rory and Logan but then grouches about everything the entire time.  (AVV)

13.  Luke freaks out when a woman is breastfeeding in the diner.  "This is a diner, not a peep show!"  (Oasis)

14.  Lorelai sleeps with Chris after leaving Luke standing in the street when he refuses her ultimatum.  (Partings)

16.  Paris avoids talking to Jamie for weeks, then breaks up with him on the phone.  "Hey, it's me. We've got to end this - now. There's just no reason to prolong it. Sorry you came all the way out here."  (AFM)

18.  Richard makes a business agreement with Floyd, screwing Jason over in the process.  (TTTB)

19.  Logan is jealous that Jess came back to visit Rory, and is a complete d!ck at dinner.  (Balalaikas)

20.  Rory silently allows Emily to humiliate Lorelai when Logan is over for FND.  (Kropogs)

21.  Anna refuses Lorelai's attempts to smooth things over after April's birthday party, and tells Lorelai she has no part in April's life.  "Engaged isn't married.  People get engaged all the time."  (SCPP)

24.  Lorelai acts a fool at Thanksgiving dinner after finding out Rory applied to Yale as a backup school.  (ADFKT)

25.  Tristan pulls the rich asshole act on Dean in Doose's, drops and spills a bag of flour and then throws money down to "cover it."  (RALB)

26.  Lorelai screams at Luke in the middle of town square because Jess and Rory got into an accident.  (TMT)

27.  Lorelai tries to give Luke parenting advice about Jess, he makes a nasty crack about her getting pregnant at 16.  (N&N, S&N)

28.  Emily finds out Richard has been having lunch with Pennilyn Lott and takes it out on Lorelai.  "If you hadn't talked to her, I wouldn't have known, and everything would have been fine!"  (TKBNO)

29.  Lane finds out Rory and Dean had sex and squees over the "romance" of it all.  "You did it at Miss Patty's?  She would be so proud!"  (SGTDM)

31.  Lorelai goes off on Jess over Rory's bracelet.  "Oh, don’t whatever me, you little jerk. You let Rory run around completely panicked, thinking she lost her boyfriend’s bracelet. She was miserable, do you understand that?"  (Lost & Found)

32.  Taylor finds out Kirk didn't make an egg map, first yells at him in the soda shoppe in front of customers, and later embarrasses him in front of the search volunteers.  (TTTB)

33.  Taylor is upset that Rory doesn't have time to be the Ice Cream Queen, so he makes a big deal out of her being too busy to care about the town anymore and makes a kid cry.  (B&B)

34.  Lorelai acts like she and Rory are too good to hang out with the B&B'ers at the Cheshire Cat.  "That was not on the freaking list!"  (RTTH)

35.  Rory runs into Jess on the bus as he's leaving for California, he tells her he can't go to prom but doesn't tell her he's leaving.  (SGG)

36.  Emily tells Luke to go back to Lorelai.  "She wants you, Luke. She’s made her choice, G-d help her, but there it is. It doesn’t matter if I agree with it, I can’t fight it. You’ve won. Go back to her. I promise I will stay out of it."  (So...Good Talk)

38.  Lorelai is disdainful of the Springsteen family and accuses the two younger kids of incest.  (Application Anxiety)

39.  Emily is upset when Lorelai still isn't speaking to her after she told Luke to go back to her, thinking he didn't take her advice, so she goes to the diner and yells at him.  (Pulp Friction)

40.  Dean pulls Lorelai away from her picnic with Luke to gripe about Rory going off with Jess.  (A'Tisket A'Tasket)

13, 29, 35 gone!  Still three.

10-Rory should've been there for Lorelai, but I've been a teenaged girl and can kind of empathize with what happened to her here. Plus, she was so hard on herself and didn't really intend to miss the graduation.

14-I'm not saying this doesn't bother me, but it didn't make me angry with Lorelai so much as it made me feel concerned for her. I tend to feel a lot worse for Lorelai than Luke during most of the S6/ early S7 debacle though.

34-Lorelai and Rory can definitely be a little above it all at times, but honestly I hate small talk too and that room was intense.

Sorry but I just can't help you guys vote out 14.  I hate Lorelai the most when she's dumping on Luke, and doing the one thing she knew would hurt Luke most - running straight into Christopher's arms - when she hadn't even properly broken up with him just burns my buttons.  #iseered

So, 10, 34, and 36 are out this round!  Still voting against three.

27 (I know Lorelai was trying to help but sometimes I feel like she thinks she knows better than Luke. Maybe Luke shouldn’t have responded in the way he did but it was Jess’ first day and Lorelai held that against him throughout the whole show!)

• Love 1

Hey, Deaja, isn't 22 gone?  Guess you have more impact than you thought.

7 (because that whole yacht thing had my eyes rolling out of the sockets and across the room), 19 (because he's always a dick so nothng new), 40 (because it wasn't totally out of character for a lovelorn teen)

43 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Hey, Deaja, isn't 22 gone?  Guess you have more impact than you thought.

7 (because that whole yacht thing had my eyes rolling out of the sockets and across the room), 19 (because he's always a dick so nothng new), 40 (because it wasn't totally out of character for a lovelorn teen)

Haha!  This virus is apparently impacting my eyesight and reasoning skills. :)  What's even better is both times I meant 32.  I mean, it was typical Taylor, so I didn't absolutely hate him for it.

So my vote is for 32. :)

3 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

Sorry but I just can't help you guys vote out 14.  I hate Lorelai the most when she's dumping on Luke, and doing the one thing she knew would hurt Luke most - running straight into Christopher's arms - when she hadn't even properly broken up with him just burns my buttons.  #iseered

Exactly.

7, 16, 33

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lulu1960 said:

I hate Lorelai the most when she's dumping on Luke, and doing the one thing she knew would hurt Luke most - running straight into Christopher's arms - when she hadn't even properly broken up with him just burns my buttons.

I never hated her more.  I remember screaming at the TV.  Bitch.

• Love 2

7, 16, 19 gone!  Let's drop to voting against two.