Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

6, 9, 12 gone.  Still voting against three.

Townie scenes

1.  Morey and Babette take Cinnamon for a passeggiata. Morey makes it sound so sexy. "He's blushing! G-d, I love a man that blushes!"  (Cinnamon's Wake)

3.  Miss Patty answers the phones at the 'Independence Inn Emergency Headquarters' while Babette tries to figure out the computer. "I just hit F4 and the num lock key and the one with the little apple on it and it's freaking out like it's on acid or something." Michel needs a cyanide capsule.  (ATOPAF)

7.  Kirk tells Lorelai and Rory about his cat, Kirk. He'll have to get his mom to say CatKirk when she's calling the cat, and HumanKirk when she's calling him, to avoid any confusion.  "That'll keep it straight."  (ADFKT)

13.  Mrs. Kim chases Rory away from the antique store with a water hose because she's heard about the termites.  "See all the furniture in there? Wood, all wood. You must go. Go now!"  (Secrets and Loans)

14.  Mrs. Kim helps Zach write a hit song so he can prove he can provide for Lane. "Tell me before the kettle blows you know we got another commotion." "Stinks." "Great."  (I'm OK, You're OK)

15.  Emily comes to the antique store and she and Mrs. Kim haggle over a cabinet.  "It's like watching the Williams sisters."  (Emily in Wonderland)

16.  Dave asks permission to take Lane to the prom. Mrs. Kim's answer is a little vague.  "Let never day nor night unhallow'd pass, but still remember what the Lord hath done."  (Say Goodnight, Gracie)

18.  Gypsy and Jackson help look for the missing Easter eggs.  "Toupee Guy says what?"  (TTTB)

19.  Gypsy is working on Jackson's truck when Luke stops by to find out about the car Jess bought.  "Guys are stupid. You strip your gears, ride your brakes. And if we don't laugh after we make a joke, you think we're serious."  (TTDE)

22.  The Town Troubadour v. 2.0 comes back to set up a produce stand, which upsets Taylor, but he can't find a loophole to make him shut it down.  "Taking a little break? Don't see how if you're anywhere near as busy as I am . . . oh boy, it's a mob scene!"  (DUAV)

24.  Lorelai and Sookie talk to Fran about buying the Dragonfly property.  Fran plans to own it forever and ever, even after she takes the ultimate, long vacation.  "Europe?"  (The Inns and Outs of Inns)

26.  Taylor refuses to sign off on work on the Dragonfly until Lorelai uses her pull to get Luke to agree to an ice cream truck in front of the diner.  "I pay to shop in your store. I eat your banana splits. I've never physically hurt you. . .except for that one spit wad in the one town meeting, but I didn't mean for it to hit your eye and I apologized profusely, so please, please, put me out of my misery and tell me what I need to do to make this thing happen!"  (Chicken or Beef)

28.  Kirk is a dog walker. It's his turn to hide. "Shh. Snuggles. Cute, but not the smartest tool in the shed. He found us! Celebrate! Come on, Luke. Celebrate!" Luke will have a beer later.  (Scene in a Mall)

29.  Kirk deliriously hunts for the last twelve eggs. His eyes are spinning in two different directions. Luke has found the eggs, tells Kirk to be the hero.  "I love Luke Danes! Love, love!"  (TTTB)

30.  Babette 'comforts' Rory after her car wreck by commiserating about men and shares how she was in a cult once.  "I met this guy once – gorgeous, tan, looked just like Mickey Holiday. We had coffee, he gave me a pamphlet. Next thing you know, I’m wearing a muumuu, playing a tambourine, jumping up and down at the airport."  (Help Wanted)

34.  Kirk is annoyed because the girls are talking before the movie starts at the BWR Theater.  "I like to have silence in order to cleanse my mental pallet and achieve calm before enjoying a motion picture."  His cell phone goes off and he can't figure out how to answer it.  (EiW)

35.  The Rev, Taylor, and Andrew try to come up with a name for the "Woman of Questionable Morals." Lorelai walks past them and they all silently consider her for the role.  "The Reverend is blushing. Why is he blushing?"  Andrew decides she's too thin.  (WoQM)

36.  Jess pretends to want an eggless egg salad sandwich and bickers with Lane. Mrs. Kim is not pleased.  "Who are you?"  "Jess . . . ma'am."  (TSG,DT?)

38.  The Town Loner shouts incomprehensible rhetoric whilst unfurling his protest banner. "That was clearer. He said, 'Stop the noodle scooz.'" (Take the Deviled Eggs)

Me too, Ghoulina. Jess v. Mrs. Kim is always a thing of beauty.

14, 22, and 26 goners.  Let's vote against three again.

Townie scenes

1.  Morey and Babette take Cinnamon for a passeggiata. Morey makes it sound so sexy. "He's blushing! G-d, I love a man that blushes!"  (Cinnamon's Wake)

3.  Miss Patty answers the phones at the 'Independence Inn Emergency Headquarters' while Babette tries to figure out the computer. "I just hit F4 and the num lock key and the one with the little apple on it and it's freaking out like it's on acid or something." Michel needs a cyanide capsule.  (ATOPAF)

7.  Kirk tells Lorelai and Rory about his cat, Kirk. He'll have to get his mom to say CatKirk when she's calling the cat, and HumanKirk when she's calling him, to avoid any confusion.  "That'll keep it straight."  (ADFKT)

13.  Mrs. Kim chases Rory away from the antique store with a water hose because she's heard about the termites.  "See all the furniture in there? Wood, all wood. You must go. Go now!"  (Secrets and Loans)

15.  Emily comes to the antique store and she and Mrs. Kim haggle over a cabinet.  "It's like watching the Williams sisters."  (Emily in Wonderland)

16.  Dave asks permission to take Lane to the prom. Mrs. Kim's answer is a little vague.  "Let never day nor night unhallow'd pass, but still remember what the Lord hath done."  (Say Goodnight, Gracie)

18.  Gypsy and Jackson help look for the missing Easter eggs.  "Toupee Guy says what?"  (TTTB)

19.  Gypsy is working on Jackson's truck when Luke stops by to find out about the car Jess bought.  "Guys are stupid. You strip your gears, ride your brakes. And if we don't laugh after we make a joke, you think we're serious."  (TTDE)

24.  Lorelai and Sookie talk to Fran about buying the Dragonfly property.  Fran plans to own it forever and ever, even after she takes the ultimate, long vacation.  "Europe?"  (The Inns and Outs of Inns)

28.  Kirk is a dog walker. It's his turn to hide. "Shh. Snuggles. Cute, but not the smartest tool in the shed. He found us! Celebrate! Come on, Luke. Celebrate!" Luke will have a beer later.  (Scene in a Mall)

29.  Kirk deliriously hunts for the last twelve eggs. His eyes are spinning in two different directions. Luke has found the eggs, tells Kirk to be the hero.  "I love Luke Danes! Love, love!"  (TTTB)

30.  Babette 'comforts' Rory after her car wreck by commiserating about men and shares how she was in a cult once.  "I met this guy once – gorgeous, tan, looked just like Mickey Holiday. We had coffee, he gave me a pamphlet. Next thing you know, I’m wearing a muumuu, playing a tambourine, jumping up and down at the airport."  (Help Wanted)

34.  Kirk is annoyed because the girls are talking before the movie starts at the BWR Theater.  "I like to have silence in order to cleanse my mental pallet and achieve calm before enjoying a motion picture."  His cell phone goes off and he can't figure out how to answer it.  (EiW)

35.  The Rev, Taylor, and Andrew try to come up with a name for the "Woman of Questionable Morals." Lorelai walks past them and they all silently consider her for the role.  "The Reverend is blushing. Why is he blushing?"  Andrew decides she's too thin.  (WoQM)

36.  Jess pretends to want an eggless egg salad sandwich and bickers with Lane. Mrs. Kim is not pleased.  "Who are you?"  "Jess . . . ma'am."  (TSG,DT?)

38.  The Town Loner shouts incomprehensible rhetoric whilst unfurling his protest banner. "That was clearer. He said, 'Stop the noodle scooz.'" (Take the Deviled Eggs)

3, 35, 36 out. Let's drop to voting against two.

Townie scenes

25 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

(my excuse is binge watching Stranger Things)

Jealous!  My hubby found out I was planning to binge it yesterday and told me I had to wait until he was here.  Spoilsport.  

My 13 yo watched it though.  And then he stayed up until 4am with the light on because he didn't realize his brother (they share a room) wasn't going to be home last night.  Heh.

2 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Jealous!  My hubby found out I was planning to binge it yesterday and told me I had to wait until he was here.  Spoilsport.  

My 13 yo watched it though.  And then he stayed up until 4am with the light on because he didn't realize his brother (they share a room) wasn't going to be home last night.  Heh.

My hubby never watched season 1, so I told him he had to wait until I was done and then watch the whole thing on his own. Sorrynotsorry

• Love 1

Okay we can go ahead and knock this round out now. 16 and 30 gone!  Still voting against two.

Townie scenes

8 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

My hubby never watched season 1, so I told him he had to wait until I was done and then watch the whole thing on his own. Sorrynotsorry

I started to just watch it anyway, but decided I'd be nice.  If he doesn't have a weekend off soon, though, he's out of luck.

Have I ever told you guys the son of a friend of mine is Mike's body double?  She posted a really cute pic in a private group of the doubles of Mike, Dustin, and Lucas in their Ghostbuster costumes but she didn't get permission from the other parents so I can't share it.  :(

Edited by Taryn74
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Have I ever told you guys the son of a friend of mine is Mike's body double?  She posted a really cute pic in a private group of the doubles of Mike, Dustin, and Lucas in their Ghostbuster costumes but she didn't get permission from the other parents so I can't share it.  :(

That's so awesome. Those kids are truly phenomenal actors. What a fun show to be a part of. 

My votes:

1,  24

• Love 1

Sorry for the delay, we had a band competition this morning.

1 and 28 are out. Voting against two.

Townie scenes

24 and 18 gone.  Drop to voting against one!

Townie scenes

34 out!

Townie scenes

As tie-breaker, I guess it's time to let Emily and Mrs. Kim haggling over antiques go.  What a FUN scene that was, though.

Townie scenes