Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

26, 28, 30 gone.  Still voting against three.

Luke/family scenes

1.  "You hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here."  (LWF, TWT)

2.  Liz sets up an earring tree in the diner. Luke is not happy. "They're gonna fall apart. They're gonna make people's ears green and send them to the hospital." Luke will not be designing the ad campaign.  (Nag Hammadi)

3.  Luke and Jess go to the lake to try to find The Swan That Beaked Me.  "Does it act all peaceful and Bambi-like and then suddenly attack like the rabbit in Monty Python?" Luke give Jess advice about Rory.  (Swan Song)

4.  Luke and Liz enjoy the firelight festival. It hasn't changed a bit since they were kids. She gives him a pair of earrings she made. "You can give them to your wife. Or Lorelai."  (Nag Hammadi)

6.  Luke goes to the opening of Truncheon Books and introduces April to Jess. "Total brain." "You confirm paternity?" Jess pays Luke back, and if he rips up the check Jess will just send another.  (TRPA)

8.  Luke sledgehammers the wall while Jess looks on in shock. "That's your room. Finish up. We'll hold hands and skip afterwards." (Lost and Found)

9.  Luke pushes Jess into the lake.  (N&N, S&N)

12.  Liz tells Luke she is getting married and asks if Luke will dress up for her Renaissance wedding. "Sure. Who's the guy who jumps around in bells and a pointy hat?"  (Luke Can See Her Face)

17.  Jess wears a flannel shirt and backwards baseball cap to work in the diner after Luke complains about his Metallica t-shirt. "I'm sorry, I thought this was the uniform."  (PLG)

19.  Luke harasses Jess while Jess pushes his broken down car to Gyspy's. Says there should be a marching band behind it. "The Budweiser Clydesdales prancing along, Ann Jillian waving in the back."  (Nag Hammadi)

21.  Jess helps Luke get ready for Liz's wedding (and Luke's date with Lorelai). TJ worries that his tights are getting Luke hot. He borrowed Luke's deodorant. Jess tosses it in the trash. "Allow me."  (LWF, TWT)

22.  Luke loans Jess his self-help books and tape. "I'm done with them. Enjoy."  (LCSHF)

23.  Luke asks Liz to help him pick out a necklace to go with the earrings he had given Lorelai. She realizes he and Lorelai are dating. "You've found your TJ." "Please don't put it like that."  (AMNM)

24.  Luke tries to figure out where Jess is getting extra money.  "Jess, are you a gigolo?"  (TTDE)

25.  Luke and Nicole come back to the diner after their first date. Luke takes Jess outside for a moment after Jess hints that he'll leave them the apartment "for about an hour."  (DEaR)

27.  Luke helps Liz at the Renaissance Faire after TJ hurt his arm. He gossips about Haybale Bill and Annie the Grog Girl and puts the pewter next to the turquoise. (AMNM)

31.  April lies to Anna about where she's going so she can come visit Luke. "I haven't seen you in ages and ages. Plus, if you take me home now, mom will know that I lied, and I'll get into so much trouble. Please?"  (Awww! Santa's Secret Stuff)

32.  Luke comes back from his vegan dinner date with April's swim coach. The date was boring. "I think she'll just remain 'Coach Bennett' to me." They eat pizza and sticky buns and just hang out.  (Go Bulldogs)

34.  Luke hands out pamphlets and takes April her sweater. "My dad's ridiculously overprotective." (TRPA)

2, 31, 32 out! Still vote against three.

Luke/family scenes

1.  "You hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here."  (LWF, TWT)

3.  Luke and Jess go to the lake to try to find The Swan That Beaked Me.  "Does it act all peaceful and Bambi-like and then suddenly attack like the rabbit in Monty Python?" Luke give Jess advice about Rory.  (Swan Song)

4.  Luke and Liz enjoy the firelight festival. It hasn't changed a bit since they were kids. She gives him a pair of earrings she made. "You can give them to your wife. Or Lorelai."  (Nag Hammadi)

6.  Luke goes to the opening of Truncheon Books and introduces April to Jess. "Total brain." "You confirm paternity?" Jess pays Luke back, and if he rips up the check Jess will just send another.  (TRPA)

8.  Luke sledgehammers the wall while Jess looks on in shock. "That's your room. Finish up. We'll hold hands and skip afterwards." (Lost and Found)

12.  Liz tells Luke she is getting married and asks if Luke will dress up for her Renaissance wedding. "Sure. Who's the guy who jumps around in bells and a pointy hat?"  (Luke Can See Her Face)

17.  Jess wears a flannel shirt and backwards baseball cap to work in the diner after Luke complains about his Metallica t-shirt. "I'm sorry, I thought this was the uniform."  (PLG)

19.  Luke harasses Jess while Jess pushes his broken down car to Gyspy's. Says there should be a marching band behind it. "The Budweiser Clydesdales prancing along, Ann Jillian waving in the back."  (Nag Hammadi)

21.  Jess helps Luke get ready for Liz's wedding (and Luke's date with Lorelai). TJ worries that his tights are getting Luke hot. He borrowed Luke's deodorant. Jess tosses it in the trash. "Allow me."  (LWF, TWT)

22.  Luke loans Jess his self-help books and tape. "I'm done with them. Enjoy."  (LCSHF)

23.  Luke asks Liz to help him pick out a necklace to go with the earrings he had given Lorelai. She realizes he and Lorelai are dating. "You've found your TJ." "Please don't put it like that."  (AMNM)

24.  Luke tries to figure out where Jess is getting extra money.  "Jess, are you a gigolo?"  (TTDE)

25.  Luke and Nicole come back to the diner after their first date. Luke takes Jess outside for a moment after Jess hints that he'll leave them the apartment "for about an hour."  (DEaR)

27.  Luke helps Liz at the Renaissance Faire after TJ hurt his arm. He gossips about Haybale Bill and Annie the Grog Girl and puts the pewter next to the turquoise. (AMNM)

34.  Luke hands out pamphlets and takes April her sweater. "My dad's ridiculously overprotective." (TRPA)

2 hours ago, elang4 said:

Aw I'm sad most of the April moments are gone! I must be in the minority but I like her. ? I'm going to do everything to keep the last ones!! ?

19, 24, 25

I like her too. I would rather have gotten rid of some of the Liz moments, although I actually don't mind her either...or rather, I don't mind the version of her that we get to know and her interactions with Luke. Before she arrives in season four, she's painted in a much worse light than she's eventually portrayed in, and that colors my perception of her. April though, I like, and I liked all of those moments, so you're not alone!

• Love 1

12, 22, 25 gone.  Still three.

Luke/family scenes

I would like a moment of silence as we say goodbye to "Jess, are you a gigolo?" which is quite possibly the funniest line reading and facial expression in the entire series.

Also leaving us this round:  Gypsy smirking in the background while Jess pushes his car over to get fixed, and Luke has found his TJ.

Time to vote against two!

Luke/family scenes

4 and 27 are our next casualties. Still voting against two.

Luke/family scenes

Sorry @elang4, I couldn't save them this time. 6 and 34 are gone! Voting against two for the last time.

Luke/family scenes

LMAO.  This game, you guys, I swear.  There's a four-way tie between 3, 8, 21, and 17.  So in lieu of me making the tie-breaking decision this round and possibly the next two as well, we're just going to rip the bandaid off and eliminate all of them.

Our final two!  Vote for your winner.

Luke/family scenes

Our winner, and IMO one of the most beautiful moments of the entire series:

"You hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here."  (LWF, TWT)

*sniff*

Okay, next up it's all about the Townies! (We're going to do Town Meetings separately, I think there's enough goodness there to split them up.)  Start listing your favorite non-meeting Townie scenes! 

For the purpose of this game, we're going to exclude Luke, Sookie, Lane, Michel, Dean, and Jess since they were borderline main characters.  What do you guys think about Kirk?  Should we include him here, or do a separate game at some point for Kirk scenes?  (Edit: I don't mean that these characters can't be in the scene, just that there needs to be a Townie as the focus of the scene too.)

Edited by Taryn74