Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Luke telling Jess he has to go because Jess isn't going back to school. (Say Goodnight, Gracie)

Luke sledgehammers the wall while Jess looks on in shock. "Finish up. We'll hold hands and skip afterwards." (Lost and Found)

Luke pushes Jess in the lake (Swan Song)

Luke tells TJ those are great shelves. That he is a craftsman (Fight Face)

Luke tells TJ he is a good guy for Liz. TJ calls Luke a dick. (Family Matters)

Liz tells Luke she is getting married and asks if Luke will dress up. (Luke Can See Her Face)

TJ helps Luke fix up the diner after Kirk drives through it (The Long Morrow)

Luke tries to tell Jess that it isn't cool to push a girl into the closet and Jess says there was no pushing involved. Basically calls Luke a lapdog for Lorelai. (One's Got Class and the Other One Dyes.)

Jess tells Luke that he always butts in where he doesn't belong. (Nag Hammadi)

Liz wants to cook for her favorite guys and they talk about Liz's new guy and Luke's issues with Jess (Family Matters)

Jess dresses up like Luke. Teases that he thought it was the uniform

Luke goes and sees Jess get an award from Walmart. Teases him about the forklift being an extention of him.

Luke sees Jess pushing his broken down car to Gyspy's. Says there should be a marching band behind it. (Nag Hammadi)

Luke and TJ are talking about being jealous when exes have lunch together (Emily Says Hello)

Luke/family scenes

1.  "You hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here."  (LWF, TWT)

2.  Liz sets up an earring tree in the diner. Luke is not happy. "They're gonna fall apart. They're gonna make people's ears green and send them to the hospital." Luke will not be designing the ad campaign.  (Nag Hammadi)

3.  Luke and Jess go to the lake to try to find The Swan That Beaked Me.  "Does it act all peaceful and Bambi-like and then suddenly attack like the rabbit in Monty Python?" Luke give Jess advice about Rory.  (Swan Song)

4.  Luke and Liz enjoy the firelight festival. It hasn't changed a bit since they were kids. She gives him a pair of earrings she made. "You can give them to your wife. Or Lorelai."  (Nag Hammadi)

5.  Luke tells Liz about April. She knows right away Anna must be the mother. "You're a serial monogamist. That's why you're you."  (HSEB,D?)

6.  Luke goes to the opening of Truncheon Books and introduces April to Jess. "Total brain." "You confirm paternity?" Jess pays Luke back, and if he rips up the check Jess will just send another.  (TRPA)

7.  Jess isn't going to graduate and he's not repeating his senior year. "Then you gotta go."  (SGG)

8.  Luke sledgehammers the wall while Jess looks on in shock. "That's your room. Finish up. We'll hold hands and skip afterwards." (Lost and Found)

9.  Luke pushes Jess into the lake.  (N&N, S&N)

10.  TJ is upset that he was never really the contractor on Lorelai's house. Luke tells TJ he built great shelves, that he is a craftsman. "I'm a craftsman . . . like Jesus! He built stuff for a while." "Yeah, you're exactly like Jesus. That was my point."  (The UnGraduate)

11.  Luke tells TJ he is a good guy for Liz and give them his blessing. TJ calls Luke a dick. (Family Matters)

12.  Liz tells Luke she is getting married and asks if Luke will dress up for her Renaissance wedding. "Sure. Who's the guy who jumps around in bells and a pointy hat?"  (Luke Can See Her Face)

13.  TJ helps Luke fix up the diner after Kirk drives through it. He bought Luke a coffee but drank it himself when he assumed Luke was going to be late. He offers to get Luke another one from the diner across the street, great little place called Kirk's. "The owner's a real character."  (Whoopee)

14.  Luke tries to talk to Jess about shoving girls into a closet. "Hey, if you’re gonna get all Ward Cleaver on me, I gotta go call Eddie and Lumpy and tell ‘em I’m gonna be late." Luke is shocked that Jess is dating a girl he doesn't even care about. "Hey, the girls that I like don’t give a damn about me! And unlike some other people I know, I’m not gonna sit around hoping that they change their minds and suddenly notice me." (One's Got Class and the Other One Dyes)

15.  Jess tells Luke that he always butts in where he doesn't belong. "You have to fix everything. You have to fix everyone. You think it makes you a good guy, but really, it just makes you a pain in the ass." (Nag Hammadi)

16.  Liz comes to town. She and Luke talk about how her life is going. "Huzzah for the tipper with your squished up boobs, not flaky at all." Luke is upset because he feels she gave up on Jess and dumped him off on Luke, and Luke couldn't help him.  (Family Matters)

17.  Jess wears a flannel shirt and backwards baseball cap to work in the diner after Luke complains about his Metallica t-shirt. "I'm sorry, I thought this was the uniform."  (PLG)

18.  Luke goes to see Jess be awarded the Employee of the Month at Walmart. He tells Jess to get back to work. "The forklift's going ‘where's the extension of me?'" He realizes Jess must be skipping school to work 40+ hours a week.  (ATOPAF)

19.  Luke harasses Jess while Jess pushes his broken down car to Gyspy's. Says there should be a marching band behind it. "The Budweiser Clydesdales prancing along, Ann Jillian waving in the back."  (Nag Hammadi)

20.  Luke tries to get advice from TJ about Lorelai having lunch with Christopher.  Things go downhill when TJ misunderstands and thinks Liz is having lunch with an ex. "I told him never to come sniffing around her again!"  (Emily Says Hello)

21.  Jess helps Luke get ready for Liz's wedding (and Luke's date with Lorelai). TJ worries that his tights are getting Luke hot. He borrowed Luke's deodorant. Jess tosses it in the trash. "Allow me."  (LWF, TWT)

22.  Luke loans Jess his self-help books and tape. "I'm done with them. Enjoy."  (LCSHF)

23.  Luke asks Liz to help him pick out a necklace to go with the earrings he had given Lorelai. She realizes he and Lorelai are dating. "You've found your TJ." "Please don't put it like that."  (AMNM)

Edited by Taryn74

Luke is trying to figure out where Jess is getting extra money. "Jess, are you a gigalo?"

When Luke is back from his date with Nicole and Jess is going to go out "for about an hour". 

When Liz tells Jess he looks handsome and TJ says, "If I was a girl I wouldn't kick him out of bed".

When Luke is at the renaissance fair with Liz and TJ and they gossip about Annie the grog girl and Hay Bale Bill. 

Luke/family scenes

1.  "You hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here."  (LWF, TWT)

2.  Liz sets up an earring tree in the diner. Luke is not happy. "They're gonna fall apart. They're gonna make people's ears green and send them to the hospital." Luke will not be designing the ad campaign.  (Nag Hammadi)

3.  Luke and Jess go to the lake to try to find The Swan That Beaked Me.  "Does it act all peaceful and Bambi-like and then suddenly attack like the rabbit in Monty Python?" Luke give Jess advice about Rory.  (Swan Song)

4.  Luke and Liz enjoy the firelight festival. It hasn't changed a bit since they were kids. She gives him a pair of earrings she made. "You can give them to your wife. Or Lorelai."  (Nag Hammadi)

5.  Luke tells Liz about April. She knows right away Anna must be the mother. "You're a serial monogamist. That's why you're you."  (HSEB,D?)

6.  Luke goes to the opening of Truncheon Books and introduces April to Jess. "Total brain." "You confirm paternity?" Jess pays Luke back, and if he rips up the check Jess will just send another.  (TRPA)

7.  Jess isn't going to graduate and he's not repeating his senior year. "Then you gotta go."  (SGG)

8.  Luke sledgehammers the wall while Jess looks on in shock. "That's your room. Finish up. We'll hold hands and skip afterwards." (Lost and Found)

10.  TJ is upset that he was never really the contractor on Lorelai's house. Luke tells TJ he built great shelves, that he is a craftsman. "I'm a craftsman . . . like Jesus! He built stuff for a while." "Yeah, you're exactly like Jesus. That was my point."  (The UnGraduate)

11.  Luke tells TJ he is a good guy for Liz and give them his blessing. TJ calls Luke a dick. (Family Matters)

12.  Liz tells Luke she is getting married and asks if Luke will dress up for her Renaissance wedding. "Sure. Who's the guy who jumps around in bells and a pointy hat?"  (Luke Can See Her Face)

13.  TJ helps Luke fix up the diner after Kirk drives through it. He bought Luke a coffee but drank it himself when he assumed Luke was going to be late. He offers to get Luke another one from the diner across the street, great little place called Kirk's. "The owner's a real character."  (Whoopee)

14.  Luke tries to talk to Jess about shoving girls into a closet. "Hey, if you’re gonna get all Ward Cleaver on me, I gotta go call Eddie and Lumpy and tell ‘em I’m gonna be late." Luke is shocked that Jess is dating a girl he doesn't even care about. "Hey, the girls that I like don’t give a damn about me! And unlike some other people I know, I’m not gonna sit around hoping that they change their minds and suddenly notice me." (One's Got Class and the Other One Dyes)

15.  Jess tells Luke that he always butts in where he doesn't belong. "You have to fix everything. You have to fix everyone. You think it makes you a good guy, but really, it just makes you a pain in the ass." (Nag Hammadi)

16.  Liz comes to town. She and Luke talk about how her life is going. "Huzzah for the tipper with your squished up boobs, not flaky at all." Luke is upset because he feels she gave up on Jess and dumped him off on Luke, and Luke couldn't help him.  (Family Matters)

17.  Jess wears a flannel shirt and backwards baseball cap to work in the diner after Luke complains about his Metallica t-shirt. "I'm sorry, I thought this was the uniform."  (PLG)

18.  Luke goes to see Jess be awarded the Employee of the Month at Walmart. He tells Jess to get back to work. "The forklift's going ‘where's the extension of me?'" He realizes Jess must be skipping school to work 40+ hours a week.  (ATOPAF)

19.  Luke harasses Jess while Jess pushes his broken down car to Gyspy's. Says there should be a marching band behind it. "The Budweiser Clydesdales prancing along, Ann Jillian waving in the back."  (Nag Hammadi)

20.  Luke tries to get advice from TJ about Lorelai having lunch with Christopher.  Things go downhill when TJ misunderstands and thinks Liz is having lunch with an ex. "I told him never to come sniffing around her again!"  (Emily Says Hello)

21.  Jess helps Luke get ready for Liz's wedding (and Luke's date with Lorelai). TJ worries that his tights are getting Luke hot. He borrowed Luke's deodorant. Jess tosses it in the trash. "Allow me."  (LWF, TWT)

22.  Luke loans Jess his self-help books and tape. "I'm done with them. Enjoy."  (LCSHF)

23.  Luke asks Liz to help him pick out a necklace to go with the earrings he had given Lorelai. She realizes he and Lorelai are dating. "You've found your TJ." "Please don't put it like that."  (AMNM)

24.  Luke tries to figure out where Jess is getting extra money.  "Jess, are you a gigolo?"  (TTDE)

25.  Luke and Nicole come back to the diner after their first date. Luke takes Jess outside for a moment after Jess hints that he'll leave them the apartment "for about an hour."  (DEaR)

26.  Jess stops back by Luke's apartment while Liz and TJ are there. Jess is uncomfortable. Liz is thrilled. "This is positive. This means something." She says he looks handsome and TJ says if he was some girl, he wouldn't kick Jess out of bed.  (Nag Hammadi)

27.  Luke helps Liz at the Renaissance Faire after TJ hurt his arm. He gossips about Haybale Bill and Annie the Grog Girl and puts the pewter next to the turquoise. (AMNM)

28. Liz finds out she's pregnant and runs TJ off because she's afraid of screwing up another kid. Luke goes to fight TJ because he thinks TJ ran out on her. Luke reassures Liz that she's going to do fine and she and TJ make up.  (Driving Miss Gilmore)

Ha ha ha I was surprised.  I really didn't figure many TJ moments would make the list, if any.  Let me find a couple of April scenes (because we probably should have at least a couple LOL) to round us out and then we can start voting.

6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I'm one of the lone people who LIKE Liz and TJ, so I have no problem with this list! 

Same.  It made me a little sad looking up these scenes though, they really amped up the doofus-meter on both of them in S6 and beyond.  They were more on the 'lovable screwup' side in S4 and S5.  They turned into just dipsh!t idiots in S6.

Anyhoo, we can start voting!  Vote against three.

Luke/family scenes

24.  Luke tries to figure out where Jess is getting extra money.  "Jess, are you a gigolo?"  (TTDE)

25.  Luke and Nicole come back to the diner after their first date. Luke takes Jess outside for a moment after Jess hints that he'll leave them the apartment "for about an hour."  (DEaR)

26.  Jess stops back by Luke's apartment while Liz and TJ are there. Jess is uncomfortable. Liz is thrilled. "This is positive. This means something." She says he looks handsome and TJ says if he was some girl, he wouldn't kick Jess out of bed.  (Nag Hammadi)

27.  Luke helps Liz at the Renaissance Faire after TJ hurt his arm. He gossips about Haybale Bill and Annie the Grog Girl and puts the pewter next to the turquoise. (AMNM)

28. Liz finds out she's pregnant and runs TJ off because she's afraid of screwing up another kid. Luke goes to fight TJ because he thinks TJ ran out on her. Luke reassures Liz that she's going to do fine and she and TJ make up.  (Driving Miss Gilmore)

29.  Luke goes to the science fair and realizes he's April's father. "Anna. Wow. I haven't seen Anna in..." "...about 12 years?" (TPDR)

30.  April visits from New Mexico and brings Luke a turquoise bracelet. "Navajo tradition says that turquoise is a piece of sky that fell to earth. And the Apache used to put little pieces of it on their arrows so that they'd aim more true." She calls it fab-u-lous.  (Hay Bale Maze)

Just in case these could get counted!

April coming to visit Luke when she wasn't allowed to without Anna knowing.

April breaking down about moving to New Mexico and Luke comforting her.

Luke coming back from his date with April's swimming teacher and chilling out with her with pizza on the sofa and assuring her he's ok.

• Love 1

Oooh and April calling Luke dad for the first time on her school trip when Luke goes back to give her her jumper. That smile on his face when he walked back to the front was so sweet! ? Sorry, I hope I'm not messing everything up!! ??

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, elang4 said:

Sorry, I hope I'm not messing everything up!! ??

Nah, this early in the game it's no big deal.  :)

Luke/family scenes

29.  Luke goes to the science fair and realizes he's April's father. "Anna. Wow. I haven't seen Anna in..." "...about 12 years?" (TPDR)

30.  April visits from New Mexico and brings Luke a turquoise bracelet. "Navajo tradition says that turquoise is a piece of sky that fell to earth. And the Apache used to put little pieces of it on their arrows so that they'd aim more true." She calls it fab-u-lous.  (Hay Bale Maze)

31.  April lies to Anna about where she's going so she can come visit Luke. "I haven't seen you in ages and ages. Plus, if you take me home now, mom will know that I lied, and I'll get into so much trouble. Please?"  (Awww! Santa's Secret Stuff)

32.  Luke comes back from his vegan dinner date with April's swim coach. The date was boring. "I think she'll just remain 'Coach Bennett' to me." They eat pizza and sticky buns and just hang out.  (Go Bulldogs)

33.  April is upset about moving to New Mexico. "You know I'm finally happy. I finally have friends. It took me forever, and now I'm just gonna be that weird, dorky loser girl all over again!" Luke tries to comfort her.  (Knit People Knit)

34.  Luke hands out pamphlets and takes April her sweater. "My dad's ridiculously overprotective." (TRPA)

I quite like Luke and April's relationship as well, don't mind the April character, and I like all of the other Luke/April moments listed here, but like @lulu1960 I just can't stand the plot contrivance, and it's also just so unpleasant to watch Luke behave the way he does with Lorelai as a result that I have to vote out 29, since I see it as the catalyst of the storyline.

• Love 1

Okay that's enough votes to get us started now!  LOL.  First round 13, 10, and 29 are out!

Luke/family scenes

31.  April lies to Anna about where she's going so she can come visit Luke. "I haven't seen you in ages and ages. Plus, if you take me home now, mom will know that I lied, and I'll get into so much trouble. Please?"  (Awww! Santa's Secret Stuff)

32.  Luke comes back from his vegan dinner date with April's swim coach. The date was boring. "I think she'll just remain 'Coach Bennett' to me." They eat pizza and sticky buns and just hang out.  (Go Bulldogs)

33.  April is upset about moving to New Mexico. "You know I'm finally happy. I finally have friends. It took me forever, and now I'm just gonna be that weird, dorky loser girl all over again!" Luke tries to comfort her.  (Knit People Knit)

34.  Luke hands out pamphlets and takes April her sweater. "My dad's ridiculously overprotective." (TRPA)

5, 16, 20 gone! Still voting against three.

Luke/family scenes

11, 15, 33 out.  Still voting against three.

Luke/family scenes

7, 14, 18 gone! Still vote against three.

Luke/family scenes