Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

1, 11, and 21 are history.  Let's drop to voting against two, mostly because I think this is getting hard enough as it is.

Independence Inn scenes

2.  Michel ignores the phone.  "People are particularly stupid today, I can't talk to anymore of them."  (Pilot)

7.  The montage, in the Pilot, of Sookie's sous chefs trying to keep her from killing herself. (Pilot)

8.  Emily and Lorelai in the mother-daughter fashion show.  Girls just wanna have fun.  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

12.  Jackson drops off squash blossoms.  "All large enough for you to stuff and fry up and serve to the desensitize masses who just want what they know. Hurrah!! Mediocrity wins again!!"  Sookie asks if he'd like to have dinner sometime . . . with her.  (Paris is Burning)

13.  The Bracebridge group has to cancel because of the weather, so Stars Hollow comes to the Inn for dinner.  There's peacock pie and horse-drawn sleighs and everything is magical.  (Bracebridge Dinner)

14.  Emily takes a tour of the Inn with Rory but gets upset when she see the Potting Shed where Lorelai raised Rory.  "You would've lived in the gutter, in the street, it a cardboard box, anywhere as long as you didn't have to be near us, isn't that true?"  (Emily in Wonderland)

17.  Lorelai tells Sookie she is getting married. Sookie gets teary and calls her a Sadie. Jackson gets the 'my girlfriend wants me to get married' face and leaves in a panic.  "Hey, next time he's here, tell him that you're pregnant." "With twins!"  (Sadie, Sadie)

19.  Mia comes to visit and teases Michel that she doesn't understand a word he says.  "He says that he's never liked you and that you're a problem."  (The Ins and Outs of Inns)

20.  Emily wanted to meet the woman that help raise her daughter. She asks Mia if she has any pictures of Lorelai and Rory, from back then.  "I'll send you a box full tomorrow."  (Inns and Outs of Inns)

23.  Emily taste tests soup for her DAR meeting.  She finds out Sookie is getting married and jumps in to help her plan.  There are midgets and paper mache mushrooms and acrobats.  (Dead Uncles and Vegetables)

24.  Luke calls to ask about rooms for the funeral.  Michel is a putz.  Lorelai will help in any way she can. (DUAV)

26.  Lorelai comes into the kitchen for snacks and finds a panicked Sookie in her wedding dress, getting ready to tear apart her wedding cake.  "Step away from all things edible." (I Can't Get Started)

28.  There's a fire at the Independence Inn. Sookie, Michel, and Lorelai sadly take in the damage. (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

29.  Trix insists on going to the Inn for dinner. Emily eats ever so slowly. "You had twelve minutes!"  (That'll Do Pig)

17 and 24 gone! Still voting against two.

Independence Inn scenes

2.  Michel ignores the phone.  "People are particularly stupid today, I can't talk to anymore of them."  (Pilot)

7.  The montage, in the Pilot, of Sookie's sous chefs trying to keep her from killing herself. (Pilot)

8.  Emily and Lorelai in the mother-daughter fashion show.  Girls just wanna have fun.  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

12.  Jackson drops off squash blossoms.  "All large enough for you to stuff and fry up and serve to the desensitize masses who just want what they know. Hurrah!! Mediocrity wins again!!"  Sookie asks if he'd like to have dinner sometime . . . with her.  (Paris is Burning)

13.  The Bracebridge group has to cancel because of the weather, so Stars Hollow comes to the Inn for dinner.  There's peacock pie and horse-drawn sleighs and everything is magical.  (Bracebridge Dinner)

14.  Emily takes a tour of the Inn with Rory but gets upset when she see the Potting Shed where Lorelai raised Rory.  "You would've lived in the gutter, in the street, it a cardboard box, anywhere as long as you didn't have to be near us, isn't that true?"  (Emily in Wonderland)

19.  Mia comes to visit and teases Michel that she doesn't understand a word he says.  "He says that he's never liked you and that you're a problem."  (The Ins and Outs of Inns)

20.  Emily wanted to meet the woman that help raise her daughter. She asks Mia if she has any pictures of Lorelai and Rory, from back then.  "I'll send you a box full tomorrow."  (Inns and Outs of Inns)

23.  Emily taste tests soup for her DAR meeting.  She finds out Sookie is getting married and jumps in to help her plan.  There are midgets and paper mache mushrooms and acrobats.  (Dead Uncles and Vegetables)

26.  Lorelai comes into the kitchen for snacks and finds a panicked Sookie in her wedding dress, getting ready to tear apart her wedding cake.  "Step away from all things edible." (I Can't Get Started)

28.  There's a fire at the Independence Inn. Sookie, Michel, and Lorelai sadly take in the damage. (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

29.  Trix insists on going to the Inn for dinner. Emily eats ever so slowly. "You had twelve minutes!"  (That'll Do Pig)

19 and 26 are gone!  Still voting against two.

Independence Inn scenes

12 and 23 out!  Still voting against two.

Independence Inn scenes

7 and 28 are out.  Let's vote against two once more.

Independence Inn scenes

3 hours ago, Bumblebee Tights said:

Was also happy to see 28 make it so far.

Me too.  Such a poignant moment.  Especially since they didn't even realize the extent of the damage before they walked in, they were thinking they might could open for dinner that evening.  What a blow.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Bumblebee Tights said:

Oh man....I see the writing is on the wall for 20 but I just can't vote it out because I think it's such a brilliant moment. I'm happy to see it made it so far, though. Was also happy to see 28 make it so far.

2 (I know, I know), 29

It was my pick to win.

Two 'vulnerable Emily' scenes gone in one fell swoop.  Time to vote against one!

Independence Inn scenes