Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

So has anyone picked out which one they hope wins it all yet?  I know I have.

16 and 31, out!  Still vote against two.

Diner Scenes

1.  Luke and Lorelai prep the diner for a paint job, and Luke talks about his father and shows Lorelai the spot where he took an order ..'Let's not spruce this particular spot'-TDDR

19.  Lorelai and Luke watch the rehearsal for the Christmas procession. Lorelai gives Luke the blue hat. "Looks good on you."  "Good how?"  (F&S)

20.  The townies all show up and share stories about Uncle Louie. "Don’t you have wakes for people you like?" "I think it might be for you."  (DUAV)

21.  Lorelai and Rory run the diner while Luke takes care of funeral arrangements. Lorelai makes up diner talk. Kirk wants his coffee a quarter-caff. Lorelai four/fourths doesn't care.  (DUAV)

32.  Jess wears a flannel shirt and backwards baseball cap to work after Luke complains about his clothes. "I thought this was the uniform." (PLG)

37.  The girls chat while Luke walks around working in the background. All is right in our little corner of the world. (Pilot, Bon Voyage)

20 is out, and you guys left me to choose between 19 and 21?  This hurts, damn it.

As much as I love the blue hat and all it comes to represent over the years, I just can't let go of the diner talk and quarter-caff coffee.  I love that entire episode so much, and I can't bear to lose two from such a great episode in one round.

We're down to our final four, so just voting against one from here on out!  GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.  Ahahahahahahaha. *fetal position*

Diner Scenes

1.  Luke and Lorelai prep the diner for a paint job, and Luke talks about his father and shows Lorelai the spot where he took an order ..'Let's not spruce this particular spot'-TDDR

21.  Lorelai and Rory run the diner while Luke takes care of funeral arrangements. Lorelai makes up diner talk. Kirk wants his coffee a quarter-caff. Lorelai four/fourths doesn't care.  (DUAV)

32.  Jess wears a flannel shirt and backwards baseball cap to work after Luke complains about his clothes. "I thought this was the uniform." (PLG)

37.  The girls chat while Luke walks around working in the background. All is right in our little corner of the world. (Pilot, Bon Voyage)

Sorry Jess, it was time to let you go.  Our top three!

Diner Scenes

Looks like I've got to say goodbye to 37.  I might cry.

Love our two final contenders though, so it'll be okay.

Diner Scenes

I like both so much.  DUAV has so many nice moments where Lorelai puts her own needs aside for a change.  And the feedback to Kirk is a hoot.  But I like the very personal moment between L & L so I'm going with 1 to win.

17 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I like both so much.  DUAV has so many nice moments where Lorelai puts her own needs aside for a change.  And the feedback to Kirk is a hoot.  But I like the very personal moment between L & L so I'm going with 1 to win.

I totally agree with you and I think DUAV won before so I'm going to go with 1 to win as well.

Our unanimous winner is:

Luke and Lorelai prep the diner for a paint job, and Luke talks about his father and shows Lorelai the spot where he took an order ...'Let's not spruce this particular spot'-TDDR

It was my second choice for winner (I just love the bookends of Lorelai and Rory chatting in the diner while Luke walks around working in both the Pilot and Bon Voyage, it's so homey and peaceful) so I'm happy!

So what next?  We want to move on to Inn scenes?  Both Independence and Dragonfly?  Or do we want to separate them?  (They almost seem like two different eras of the show, if that makes any sense.)

Edited by Taryn74

Sookie picks through all the peaches and finally rolls one on the floor. Jackson is not amused. (The Lorelais First Day at Chilton)

People are particularly stupid today. Michel behind the desk

Lorelai has to  solve problems for the Twins' wedding. "Do you have children?" "A daughter." "Do you hate her?" "I wasn't wildly fond of her during labor." (Kill Me Now)

Lorelai tells Drella to play more quietly and Drella asks if she has Panasonic stamped on her ass. 

When Emily and Michel meet for the first time. 

Cookies for the love and the Dean and the cookies. 

The montage, in the Pilot, of Sookie's sous chefs trying to keep her from killing herself. 

Emily and Lorelai in the mother-daughter fashion show. 

Michel running to the desk to get money from petty cash to pay the ransom for the bus boy after he insults the Hungarian delegation.  (Which translated, by the way, apparently means "your country is full of ugly people".)

Michel give the staff member a hard time with the Christmas tree. "Now switch the elf with the fairy." "Which one is the fairy?" (Forgiveness and Stuff)

Sookie and Jackson argue over squash blossoms verse zucchini tushes. (Paris is Burning)

Jackson drops off squash blossoms. Sookie asks if he'd like to have dinner sometime (Paris is Burning)

Emily takes a tour of the Inn with Rory but gets upset when she see the Potting Shed where they lived. (Emily in Wonderland)

Michel has ennui. Lorelai brings him to the kitchen and discovers that Sookie has ennui too. (Love, Daisies, and Troubadours)

Max has 1000 yellow daisies delivered to the inn. Her proposes over the phone. (Love, Daisies, and Troubadours)

Keep adding scenes!  Here's what we have so far -

1.  Sookie picks through all the peaches and finally rolls one on the floor. "They're rolling differently, too."  Jackson is not amused. (The Lorelai's First Day at Chilton)

2.  Michel ignores the phone.  "People are particularly stupid today, I can't talk to anymore of them."  (Pilot)

3.  Lorelai has to  solve problems for the Twins' wedding. "Do you have children?" "A daughter." "Do you hate her?" "I wasn't wildly fond of her during labor." (Kill Me Now)

4.  Lorelai asks Drella to play more quietly.  "Hey, do I look like I got Panasonic stamped on my ass?" (TLFDAC)

5.  Emily comes to the Inn and meets Michel for the first time.  "What a charming man."  "Uh, okay."  (Emily in Wonderland)

6.  Rory asks Sookie for rocky road cookies, even though she hates them.  "Cookies for the love and the Dean and the cookies . . ."  (Love & War & Snow)

7.  The montage, in the Pilot, of Sookie's sous chefs trying to keep her from killing herself. (Pilot)

8.  Emily and Lorelai in the mother-daughter fashion show.  Girls just wanna have fun.  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

9.  Michel tries to welcome the Hungarians but instead tells them their country is full of ugly people.  They throw breadsticks and butter pats.  Michel raids the petty cash drawer.  "All we have to do is pay the ransom and they will give us the busboy back."  (That'll Do, Pig)

10.  Michel give the staff member a hard time with the Christmas tree. "Now switch the elf with the fairy." "Which one is the fairy?" (Forgiveness and Stuff)

11.  Sookie and Jackson argue over squash blossoms vs. zucchini tushes.  "You want me to serve my customers a genetically engineered vegetable that's named after a butt?"  (Paris is Burning)

12.  Jackson drops off squash blossoms.  "All large enough for you to stuff and fry up and serve to the desensitize masses who just want what they know. Hurrah!! Mediocrity wins again!!"  Sookie asks if he'd like to have dinner sometime . . . with her.  (Paris is Burning)

13.  The Bracebridge group has to cancel because of the weather, so Stars Hollow comes to the Inn for dinner.  There's peacock pie and horse-drawn sleighs and everything is magical.  (Bracebridge Dinner)

14.  Emily takes a tour of the Inn with Rory but gets upset when she see the Potting Shed where Lorelai raised Rory.  "You would've lived in the gutter, in the street, it a cardboard box, anywhere as long as you didn't have to be near us, isn't that true?"  (Emily in Wonderland)

15.  Michel has ennui. Lorelai brings him to the kitchen and discovers that Sookie has ennui too.  She's cured when she realizes the opposite of ennui is off-ui.  (Love, Daisies, and Troubadours)

16.  Max has 1000 yellow daisies delivered to the inn. Her proposes over the phone.  "I don't want an answer now. I've thought about this. I want you to do the same. I love you, Lorelai Gilmore. And I know this to be true."  (Love, Daisies, and Troubadours)

Lorelai tells Sookie she is getting married. Sookie calls her a Sadie. Jackson get's the "my girlfriend wants me to get married" face.  (Sadie, Sadie)

Sookie tries to get Michel to pick a cookie for Lorelai's engagement party. If he does he can't have his Boca Burger. Lorelai goes in the kitchen and discovers that Sookie is throwing her an engagement party. "Is there any pink icing left on the planet?" (Hammers and Veils)

Max gets angry when Lorelai forgets to get keys for him yet again (Red Light on the Wedding Night)

Mia comes to visit and teases Michel that she doesn't understand a word he says (The Ins and Outs of Inns)

Lorelai freaks and takes it out on Sookie when she finds out that Mia is selling the Inn. (The Ins and Outs of Inns)

Emily wanted to meet the woman that help raise her daughter. She asks Mia is she has any pictures of Lorelai and Rory. (Inns and Outs of Inns)

Michel insists he can only have 12 blueberries in his pancakes. (Run Away, Little Boy)

Richard visits the Inn and gets Lorelai unwanted advice (Richard in Stars Hollow)

Jackson tells Sookie his lease is up and she is clueless that he wants her to move in. (A-Tisket, A-Tasket)

Emily is taste testing soup. Gets involved in Sookie's wedding planning (Dead Uncles and Vegetables)

Luke calls to ask about rooms for the wake. Lorelai will help in any way she can (DUAV)

Sookie has entered Emilyland with the mushrooms, and dancing midgets (DUAV)

Michel's mom comes to visit. They actually enjoy each other's company (Back in the Saddle Again)

Ella Fitzgerald is playing in the background as Sookie, Rory, and Lorelai make decorations for the wedding (I Can't Get Started)

Lorelai finds a panicked Sookie in her wedding dress in the kitchen. She calms her her down (I Can't Get Started)

Rory kisses Jess. Chris bales on Lorelai because Sherry is pregnant (I Can't Get Started)

Okay I think that is it in Season 2 :) I may have gone crazy. Feel free to omit any of those. I know we haven't even looked at season three yet.

Edited by lulu1960
  • Love 2

We've got room for just a few more Independence Inn scenes!

1.  Sookie picks through all the peaches and finally rolls one on the floor. "They're rolling differently, too."  Jackson is not amused. (The Lorelai's First Day at Chilton)

2.  Michel ignores the phone.  "People are particularly stupid today, I can't talk to anymore of them."  (Pilot)

3.  Lorelai has to  solve problems for the Twins' wedding. "Do you have children?" "A daughter." "Do you hate her?" "I wasn't wildly fond of her during labor." (Kill Me Now)

4.  Lorelai asks Drella to play more quietly.  "Hey, do I look like I got Panasonic stamped on my ass?" (TLFDAC)

5.  Emily comes to the Inn and meets Michel for the first time.  "What a charming man."  "Uh, okay."  (Emily in Wonderland)

6.  Rory asks Sookie for rocky road cookies, even though she hates them.  "Cookies for the love and the Dean and the cookies . . ."  (Love & War & Snow)

7.  The montage, in the Pilot, of Sookie's sous chefs trying to keep her from killing herself. (Pilot)

8.  Emily and Lorelai in the mother-daughter fashion show.  Girls just wanna have fun.  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

9.  Michel tries to welcome the Hungarians but instead tells them their country is full of ugly people.  They throw breadsticks and butter pats.  Michel raids the petty cash drawer.  "All we have to do is pay the ransom and they will give us the busboy back."  (That'll Do, Pig)

10.  Michel give the staff member a hard time with the Christmas tree. "Now switch the elf with the fairy." "Which one is the fairy?" (Forgiveness and Stuff)

11.  Sookie and Jackson argue over squash blossoms vs. zucchini tushes.  "You want me to serve my customers a genetically engineered vegetable that's named after a butt?"  (Paris is Burning)

12.  Jackson drops off squash blossoms.  "All large enough for you to stuff and fry up and serve to the desensitize masses who just want what they know. Hurrah!! Mediocrity wins again!!"  Sookie asks if he'd like to have dinner sometime . . . with her.  (Paris is Burning)

13.  The Bracebridge group has to cancel because of the weather, so Stars Hollow comes to the Inn for dinner.  There's peacock pie and horse-drawn sleighs and everything is magical.  (Bracebridge Dinner)

14.  Emily takes a tour of the Inn with Rory but gets upset when she see the Potting Shed where Lorelai raised Rory.  "You would've lived in the gutter, in the street, it a cardboard box, anywhere as long as you didn't have to be near us, isn't that true?"  (Emily in Wonderland)

15.  Michel has ennui. Lorelai brings him to the kitchen and discovers that Sookie has ennui too.  She's cured when she realizes the opposite of ennui is off-ui.  (Love, Daisies, and Troubadours)

16.  Max has 1000 yellow daisies delivered to the inn. Her proposes over the phone.  "I don't want an answer now. I've thought about this. I want you to do the same. I love you, Lorelai Gilmore. And I know this to be true."  (Love, Daisies, and Troubadours)

17.  Lorelai tells Sookie she is getting married. Sookie gets teary and calls her a Sadie. Jackson gets the 'my girlfriend wants me to get married' face and leaves in a panic.  "Hey, next time he's here, tell him that you're pregnant." "With twins!"  (Sadie, Sadie)

18.  Sookie tries to get Michel to pick a cookie for Lorelai's engagement party. If he does he can't have his Boca Burger. Lorelai goes in the kitchen and discovers that Sookie is throwing her an engagement party. "Is there any pink icing left on the planet?" (Hammers and Veils)

19.  Mia comes to visit and teases Michel that she doesn't understand a word he says.  "He says that he's never liked you and that you're a problem."  (The Ins and Outs of Inns)

20.  Emily wanted to meet the woman that help raise her daughter. She asks Mia if she has any pictures of Lorelai and Rory, from back then.  "I'll send you a box full tomorrow."  (Inns and Outs of Inns)

21.  Michel insists he can only have 12 blueberries in his pancakes, but won't swear on Destiny's Child that he won't count them.  "Pick another group!"  (Run Away, Little Boy)

22.  Richard visits the Inn and gives Lorelai unwanted advice.  "These people have to respect you." (Richard in Stars Hollow)

23.  Emily taste tests soup for her DAR meeting.  She finds out Sookie is getting married and jumps in to help her plan.  There are midgets and paper mache mushrooms and acrobats.  (Dead Uncles and Vegetables)

24.  Luke calls to ask about rooms for the funeral.  Michel is a putz.  Lorelai will help in any way she can. (DUAV)

25.  Michel's mom comes to visit. They enjoy each other's company, until Lorelai gets involved.  "You turned my Giselle into a mother, and I hate you for it!" (Back in the Saddle Again)

26.  Lorelai comes into the kitchen for snacks and finds a panicked Sookie in her wedding dress, getting ready to tear apart her wedding cake.  "Step away from all things edible." (I Can't Get Started)

27.  Rory kisses Jess and tells him not to say a word. Chris finds out Sherry is pregnant and tells Lorelai he's leaving. The girls are both a little dumbstruck as they get ready to walk down the aisle for Sookie's wedding.  (I Can't Get Started)