Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

18 - At least it was truly a costume, heh.

19 - No way would Kirk not have also gotten a corset and stuffed the breasts. I mean, he had heavy makeup and a wig (and actually looked quite pretty, LOL). Plus, Kirk. Does Kirk ever do anything halfway?

Still voting against two!

On 9/16/2019 at 2:01 PM, Taryn74 said:

The 'What Not to Wear' GG Edition (vote out FIRST the ones you DON'T hate as much)

1. Lorelai's not-so perfect wedding dress.  "I don't understand. How did this happen? This morning, you didn't know whether you were gonna wear a white dress or not." "I know. But then Sookie and I went to check out these invitations, you know, and right next door, there was this little bridal shop, and we thought, oh, we'll just go in, look around, you know no big deal, you know, just girl fun, right? And I went in, and I turned around, and there it was. The perfect dress." "The..." "The bodice is this blush-coloured silk tulle, and it has all these little crystal beads on it, and the skirt is a blush silk tulle with a blush silk/satin lining, and the back goes into a train. And, oh, it has a cream satin sash, so you get a little white in there, which I know is very important to you. I tried it on, and it fit me perfectly, and it was on sale, and so I bought it. And from the minute I bought the dress, everything else fell into place." (The Perfect Dress)  The (im)perfect dress

2. It's Rory's first day at Chilton but all of Lorelai's clothes are at the cleaners.  "What?" "Nothing. I just didn't know the rodeo was in town." (The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton)  Rodeo chic

4. Lorelai accidentally wears something from the town rummage sale that used to belong to Rachel (before Lorelai knew Rachel existed and apparently before ASP knew Rachel would be a classic beauty and not.....whatever that was). "What the hell do you think you’re wearing?"  (Concert Interruptus)  Yes, Lorelai, what the hell are you wearing?

5. Lorelai is wearing bizarrely patterned shirt while on the phone with Rory, they are discussing Rory thinking Laundry Guy was talking about her asking him out. The bells are mysteriously no longer working. "How self-centered am I that I just assumed that he was talking about me?" "Well, I would have assumed the same thing, so, incredibly self-centered. "  (In the Clamor and the Clangor)  No comment

6. Lorelai wears a hat it looks like she dug out of Michael Jackson's trash when she goes to ask Luke to help her break the bells. They continue to argue over Luke moving in with Nicole. "You know, I was a little tipsy on that cruise ship, but I don't remember anyone pronouncing us husband and wife and Lorelai."  (In the Clamor and the Clangor)  Please, never wear a hat again

11.  Lorelai is the Maid of Honor at her parents' vow renewal.  "Why are you nervous?" "I'm getting married!" "For the second time. Mom, it's a pretend wedding. J.Lo has them all the time."  (Wedding Bell Blues)  You expect me to believe Emily Gilmore picked this out?

13.  Lorelai alters the dresses Emily bought for her and Rory to wear to Rory's birthday party at the elder Gilmore's.  "What is that?" "Uh, that's my dress." "Where's the one I bought you?" "This is it." "I thought there was more of it."  (Rory's Birthday Parties)  Hard to find a screenshot which captures the entirety of the dress, but the skirt is horrid. It comes to a point in the front and back.

14.  Lorelai is wearing an orange, gold, and fuchsia patterned top when she stops in at Luke's after Rory and Lane's doomed double date.  "Yeah, if fact you rushed out of here before I had a chance to -- " "A chance to....?" "Kick your ass in poker." "You wish."  (Double Date)  Why, Lorelai?

22.  Gran and her friends dress like they're fresh out of a Victorian-era painting for the meeting of their Bitter Old Biddies club.  "Lorelai, wonderful. We all need a break for a moment. Come meet my friends. Emily, we were waiting for iced tea or am I imagining things?" "It’s on its way, Mom." "So is death."  (Face-Off)  "I saw her kissing a man in a purple track suit!"

24.  Taylor goes on a cruise and comes back with a toupee.  "I'm combing it differently." "The comb didn't loosen the glue?"  (Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom)  You know, it actually wouldn't have looked that bad if he had color-matched it a little better....

26.  Mrs. Kim arranges a tour for Hep Alien when Lane is afraid the band is falling apart.  Gil comes to the emergency band meeting in his sandwich shop uniform.  "Weird? What 'weird'? You need to play, here’s places to play. Nice places. Clean places. Don’t wear that outfit on stage." "It’s my delivery outfit! Lane, tell her I don’t dress like this."  (A House is Not a Home)  LOL LOL

30.  Luke starts wearing a black hat after he and Lorelai break up and she sleeps with Christopher.  JJ hearts break all around the world.  "Congratulations on the reopening." "Oh, yeah, thanks. Back to normal, I guess." "New hat?" "Yeah. "  (Lorelai's First Cotillion)  Sadness

Edited by Taryn74

26 - Mrs. Kim assuming that he dresses like that normally just kills me, as does his reaction. I love Gil.

22 - Terribly outdated, but it is Gran. I expect nothing less.

Still voting against two.

23 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

The 'What Not to Wear' GG Edition (vote out FIRST the ones you DON'T hate as much)

1. Lorelai's not-so perfect wedding dress.  "I don't understand. How did this happen? This morning, you didn't know whether you were gonna wear a white dress or not." "I know. But then Sookie and I went to check out these invitations, you know, and right next door, there was this little bridal shop, and we thought, oh, we'll just go in, look around, you know no big deal, you know, just girl fun, right? And I went in, and I turned around, and there it was. The perfect dress." "The..." "The bodice is this blush-coloured silk tulle, and it has all these little crystal beads on it, and the skirt is a blush silk tulle with a blush silk/satin lining, and the back goes into a train. And, oh, it has a cream satin sash, so you get a little white in there, which I know is very important to you. I tried it on, and it fit me perfectly, and it was on sale, and so I bought it. And from the minute I bought the dress, everything else fell into place." (The Perfect Dress)  The (im)perfect dress

2. It's Rory's first day at Chilton but all of Lorelai's clothes are at the cleaners.  "What?" "Nothing. I just didn't know the rodeo was in town." (The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton)  Rodeo chic

4. Lorelai accidentally wears something from the town rummage sale that used to belong to Rachel (before Lorelai knew Rachel existed and apparently before ASP knew Rachel would be a classic beauty and not.....whatever that was). "What the hell do you think you’re wearing?"  (Concert Interruptus)  Yes, Lorelai, what the hell are you wearing?

5. Lorelai is wearing bizarrely patterned shirt while on the phone with Rory, they are discussing Rory thinking Laundry Guy was talking about her asking him out. The bells are mysteriously no longer working. "How self-centered am I that I just assumed that he was talking about me?" "Well, I would have assumed the same thing, so, incredibly self-centered. "  (In the Clamor and the Clangor)  No comment

6. Lorelai wears a hat it looks like she dug out of Michael Jackson's trash when she goes to ask Luke to help her break the bells. They continue to argue over Luke moving in with Nicole. "You know, I was a little tipsy on that cruise ship, but I don't remember anyone pronouncing us husband and wife and Lorelai."  (In the Clamor and the Clangor)  Please, never wear a hat again

11.  Lorelai is the Maid of Honor at her parents' vow renewal.  "Why are you nervous?" "I'm getting married!" "For the second time. Mom, it's a pretend wedding. J.Lo has them all the time."  (Wedding Bell Blues)  You expect me to believe Emily Gilmore picked this out?

13.  Lorelai alters the dresses Emily bought for her and Rory to wear to Rory's birthday party at the elder Gilmore's.  "What is that?" "Uh, that's my dress." "Where's the one I bought you?" "This is it." "I thought there was more of it."  (Rory's Birthday Parties)  Hard to find a screenshot which captures the entirety of the dress, but the skirt is horrid. It comes to a point in the front and back.

14.  Lorelai is wearing an orange, gold, and fuchsia patterned top when she stops in at Luke's after Rory and Lane's doomed double date.  "Yeah, if fact you rushed out of here before I had a chance to -- " "A chance to....?" "Kick your ass in poker." "You wish."  (Double Date)  Why, Lorelai?

24.  Taylor goes on a cruise and comes back with a toupee.  "I'm combing it differently." "The comb didn't loosen the glue?"  (Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom)  You know, it actually wouldn't have looked that bad if he had color-matched it a little better....

30.  Luke starts wearing a black hat after he and Lorelai break up and she sleeps with Christopher.  JJ hearts break all around the world.  "Congratulations on the reopening." "Oh, yeah, thanks. Back to normal, I guess." "New hat?" "Yeah. "  (Lorelai's First Cotillion)  Sadness

13 - I appreciate that Lorelai taught herself how to sew after moving out of the Gilmore mansion, it's such a fun little extra. I just wish the stuff she made wasn't so borderline fugly.

30 - Yeah, just sad.

Vote against two for the last time.

On 9/19/2019 at 6:38 AM, Taryn74 said:

2 - One of the first in a really long line of dumb, pointless subplots.

24 - So what if the man wants to wear a toupee? Jeebus.

Time to vote against just one!

On 9/20/2019 at 7:06 AM, Taryn74 said:

11 - Not the worst of what's left. That is all.

On 9/21/2019 at 10:30 AM, Taryn74 said:

4 - Buh bye, thing-that-Rachel-would-never-actually-wear!

It's cracking me up that the last several options remaining have all been Lorelai. Sometimes she really nailed her outfits, and sometimes........we get this.

23 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

Yea, I'm  gonna go with 14 too. It was a close tie with 5. But 5 is worse because of the weird ruffle peeking out of the sleeves. 

Honestly, I think if we're just going on the looks themselves, the wedding dress isn't as ugly as these other three choices. BUT....taking into context what it was - a WEDDING dress - it is going to be held to much higher scrutiny. 

• Love 3

The weird thing for me with the wedding dress is that her description is so wrong. 

Blush tulle may be right, but those clumps of tulle which I presume are intended to be flowers are unrecognizable as such.

The beads are white, not crystal. The skirt is white, not blush and the sash is blush not cream. 

LOL, Luke’s memories of her clothes is better than that.

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, junienmomo said:

The weird thing for me with the wedding dress is that her description is so wrong. 

Blush tulle may be right, but those clumps of tulle which I presume are intended to be flowers are unrecognizable as such.

The beads are white, not crystal. The skirt is white, not blush and the sash is blush not cream. 

LOL, Luke’s memories of her clothes is better than that.

Ha! You're not wrong though.

Did you want to vote, Junie? We've got a tie right now....

The 6's have it! I hate this hat so much, ya'll. It's an irrational hatred at this point. Heh.

On 9/24/2019 at 6:37 AM, Taryn74 said:

14 out. Not quite as ugly as 5 IMO. At least 5 had pretty colors. 14 is just so drab.

So I'm pretty sure I know which one is going to lose win here, but just in case.....

Vote FOR the one you think is the WORST apparel of all time on this show!

On 9/25/2019 at 10:37 PM, Taryn74 said:

3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

1 is the worst, in my opinion.  Even when we thought there would be a wedding and were supposed to be thrilled to see the dress my jaw just dropped.  It was hideous on her.  What were they thinking?

I couldn't agree more! The sad thing is, it really wasn't that bad on the mannequin, and it's not like LG has a terrible figure. I really don't get it. I know when she was telling Luke about it she said it fit her perfectly, but it really, really did not. I think the bust was too large and so the dress hung wrong and made it look like she had a muffin top when it was really just the extra fabric bunching up. Or something. Something was terribly wrong, in any case.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I wonder if the dress fit so badly because alterations hadn't been completed yet? My memory is fading, but had that been discussed? 

It's possible, I guess. I haven't rewatched S6 but once so there could have been a mention made of altering it and I just don't remember? But I don't know why she would tell Luke it fit her perfectly if she was going to be altering it. Bah. It's just stupid LOL.

• LOL 1

I vote for the wedding dress to win.

It was the “Bighead wants a wedding veil” kind of dress - completely inappropriate for her.

She would have been much better off pearl-loining the dress she held up during shopping for Emily’s fake wedding. 😆😆

• Love 2
9 hours ago, junienmomo said:

She would have been much better off pearl-loining the dress she held up during shopping for Emily’s fake wedding.

I agree! It was elegant, beautiful, classy, and more appropriate for a woman her age.

GG512-01112.jpg

• Love 2

So what do you guys want to do next? Some suggestions -

Character is alone in a scene (as in, either completely alone or at least not interacting with another character at all)

Awkward moments

Scenes with a character at work

Scenes with a teen interacting with an adult other than their parent