Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

On 11/30/2018 at 2:25 PM, ghoulina said:

Nooooo, not 15! My favorite Mrs. Kim moment. I love her for acknowledging who her daughter is in that moment. 

I'm afraid it's true.  :(  15 out.

Favorite Best Parenting Moments

3.  Lorelai has thrown her back out getting Rory's dress ready, so Emily stays over to take care of her.  "That is a mashed banana on toast." "Okay." "I used to make this for you all the time when you were a little girl." "You did?" "Yes, whenever you got sick I made this." "Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?"

6.  Jess gets ready to head back to New York after Liz's wedding and says goodbye to Luke.  "I appreciate it...everything -- the money, living here." "Well, it's good to hear, but I kind of knew that." "Yeah, but, in a relationship -- any relationship -- it's important to let the other person know you appreciate them so you don't create barriers that delay any hope for reciprocation." "I think I read that somewhere." "Yeah?" "You're hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here."

8.  Richard catches Lorelai climbing out of the window to escape her boring FND date.  "Emily, she's not up here!" "Thank you, Daddy."

13.  Lorelai redecorates Rory's room with Yale paraphernalia.  "I know I'm the one who said no to Yale loudly and a lot, but not anymore. Really, I just want what's right." "I know, but it has to be right for both of us." "If it's right for you, it's really right for me."

14.  Emily asks Chris to leave the house when she sees how upset Lorelai is over him being there.  "You know, you need a mask and a horse when you do that."

17.  Luke insists that Jess hold up his end of the deal and graduate, or move out.  "I'm not playing with you here, Jess. You quit your job, you go to school." "I am not going back to school!" "So that's it?" "Yeah, that's it." "Then you gotta go."

18.  Mrs. Kim tells Lane that if she wants to live by her own rules, she will have to move out on her own.  "Children do not make the rules. You may . . . move out and live like that somewhere else."

19.  Mrs. Kim goes to visit Lane in the apartment she shares with Zach and Brian.  "This, we'll clean up. Window will be fixed. Temporary fridge. You two are girls. I'll have tea now."

20.  Mrs. Kim closes up the shop and covers all the windows so Lane can have a moment to wallow (with booze!) over her breakup with Zach.  "Lane, it's been six weeks since you come home. You have grieved, and now we move on."

21.  Mrs. Kim single-handedly arranges a tour for Hep Alien when they are in danger of breaking up.  "I need to see your songs." "Why?" "To see if you need to make any adjustments. Lyrics must be clean." "Okay, that’s where we draw the line. We will not change our lyrics." "Oh, please. Prince made fifty-seven million take home last year. He didn’t swear, and he mentioned God. Catch up."

20 out!

3.  Lorelai has thrown her back out getting Rory's dress ready, so Emily stays over to take care of her.  "That is a mashed banana on toast." "Okay." "I used to make this for you all the time when you were a little girl." "You did?" "Yes, whenever you got sick I made this." "Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?"

6.  Jess gets ready to head back to New York after Liz's wedding and says goodbye to Luke.  "I appreciate it...everything -- the money, living here." "Well, it's good to hear, but I kind of knew that." "Yeah, but, in a relationship -- any relationship -- it's important to let the other person know you appreciate them so you don't create barriers that delay any hope for reciprocation." "I think I read that somewhere." "Yeah?" "You're hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here."

8.  Richard catches Lorelai climbing out of the window to escape her boring FND date.  "Emily, she's not up here!" "Thank you, Daddy."

13.  Lorelai redecorates Rory's room with Yale paraphernalia.  "I know I'm the one who said no to Yale loudly and a lot, but not anymore. Really, I just want what's right." "I know, but it has to be right for both of us." "If it's right for you, it's really right for me."

14.  Emily asks Chris to leave the house when she sees how upset Lorelai is over him being there.  "You know, you need a mask and a horse when you do that."

17.  Luke insists that Jess hold up his end of the deal and graduate, or move out.  "I'm not playing with you here, Jess. You quit your job, you go to school." "I am not going back to school!" "So that's it?" "Yeah, that's it." "Then you gotta go."

18.  Mrs. Kim tells Lane that if she wants to live by her own rules, she will have to move out on her own.  "Children do not make the rules. You may . . . move out and live like that somewhere else."

19.  Mrs. Kim goes to visit Lane in the apartment she shares with Zach and Brian.  "This, we'll clean up. Window will be fixed. Temporary fridge. You two are girls. I'll have tea now."

21.  Mrs. Kim single-handedly arranges a tour for Hep Alien when they are in danger of breaking up.  "I need to see your songs." "Why?" "To see if you need to make any adjustments. Lyrics must be clean." "Okay, that’s where we draw the line. We will not change our lyrics." "Oh, please. Prince made fifty-seven million take home last year. He didn’t swear, and he mentioned God. Catch up."

21 out.

3 or 8? Oh boy. Both good moments that give us a tiny bit of hope that maybe not every moment between Young!Lorelai and her parents was terrible. I do love both of them, but 3 to me is much more impactful so voting 8 out.

3 it is!

23 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

6 because it's more about Jess apologizing than a parenting moment.

I was hoping nobody would realize that.  Ha!  (Just kidding.  These are all great, I just love Luke/Jess so much.)

6 out!

So now it comes down to Life Lessons.  Which is the one that will stick and be a basis for the formation of a good person, a good parent themselves.  These are tough, I think this the toughest game so far!

18, reluctantly.

• Love 2

Yikes, I totally forgot to update yesterday.  Sorry guys!

And shoot, I have to play tie-breaker.  Guess I'll vote 18 out, only because there's still another Mrs. Kim/Lane moment that I love in here, but 13 is it for Lorelai/Rory.

13 out. Have fun!