Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Here they are!  Our top three Favorite Episode End Scenes, Season 3!

A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving -- Luke's. The girls stop in after Thanksgiving dinner with the grandparents. They realize they didn't have to skip the rolls at the first three dinners since they left without eating much. They grab a bag of leftover rolls from Luke. "Just a little something for the walk home."

Dear Emily and Richard -- Gilmore mansion. Lorelai brings Emily a DVD player and a stack of DVDs. "But there are wires involved and connections and electricity. You could hurt yourself or set the house on fire." "In your Easter bonnet. . ." "You could ruin our television set." ". . .with all the frills upon it, you’ll be the grandest fella in the Easter parade. Hoo! I'll be all in clover. . ." "I don’t like being ignored, Lorelai." ". . .and when they look us over, we’ll be the proudest people in the Easter parade."

A Tale of Poes and Fire -- Independence Inn.  Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel take in the extent of the damage from the fire. Rory finds all of the Yale paraphernalia in her room.

On to Season 4!  Voting against two.

1. Ballrooms & Biscotti – Gilmore mansion. It's the night before Rory moves to Yale. The girls watch ballroom dance competitions while Emily sleeps on the couch. “So, tomorrow . . .” “Yeah, tomorrow.”

2. The Lorelais' First Day at Yale – Yale. A couple of girls from the 'first night at Yale' party the night before drop by to pick Rory up for Freshmen Assembly. They leave to go 'Lorelai' a few coffee kiosks. “Then we're all going to conveniently lose our student ID's and go take new pictures.” Back at home, Lorelai looks around her empty living room.

3. The Hobbit, the Sofa, and Digger Stiles – FND. Rory is going to confront Emily about butting into her life. Richard announces that he is going into business with Jason Stiles. Rory chickens out. “Bwak, bwak, bwak, bwak.” “I was about to when Grandpa came in. He interrupted, and now Grandma's mad, so I'm sorry if it seems to you like I chickened out, but I didn't, and now it's just gonna have to wait.” “Mmhmm. Bwak, bwak, bwak, bwak.”

4. Chicken or Beef – Dragonfly property. Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel break ground on the new property. “Just sometimes, it hits me. This place had a long history before us, has a long future after us. I keep thinking it's apart of our lives, but, really, it's the reverse. For a little while. . .I don't know. . .it's like we're apart of its life.” In town square, Rory sadly watches the newly married Dean and Lindsey.

5. The Fundamental Things Apply – Yale. Rory comes to check on her laundry and realizes Laundry Guy put her stuff in a basket already because someone had dumped them out. They talk about music and missing home. She asks him out on a date. “I don't think so, but thanks.” "You're welcome."

6. An Affair to Remember – Jason's office. Lorelai comes to confront him about cancelling the launch party Emily had planned. He asks Lorelai out to dinner. “Yes, my mother would hate it. A lot . . . You suck.” At Yale, Rory pays a guy to let her have the study tree back.

7. Festival of Living Art – Town Square. Sookie's baby pager goes off just as Lorelai is posing as the Renoir girl. “What the hell is that?”

8. Die, Jerk – Yale. Rory is on the phone with Lorelai while she waits for the music performance to start. They discuss Luke being back with Nicole, and Lorelai maybe dating Jason. “Hey, would that be crazy?” “What?” “For us to go out together?” “All three of us?”

9. Ted Koppel's Big Night Out – Yale. Rory calls Lorelai after the football game finally ends. Lorelai is still on her date with Jason. “We're at the West Hills market drinking booze out of paper cups.” “Really, how pathetic.”

10. The Nanny and the Professor – Yale. Rory is flustered to realize Asher Fleming is teaching one of her classes, after she saw him and Paris kissing. “Ah, Rory Gilmore. We meet again.”

11. In the Clamor and the Clangor – Yale. Rory is on the phone with Lorelai, telling her about how she thought that Laundry Guy's crazy stalker was her. “How self-centered am I that I just assumed that he was talking about me?” “Well, I would have assumed the same thing, so, incredibly self-centered.” Lane comes back to stay with Rory after her mother found her secret room.

12. A Family Matter – Crap Shack. Rory grills Lorelai about having money problems. “Cutting back on things, cable, eating out, the bread, the cheese, the tomato.” At Luke's, Luke watches to make sure Jess goes in out of the cold before he heads to Nicole's for the night.

13. Nag Hammadi is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels – Town Square. Rory sees Jess and tries to run away. “You wanted to talk, so talk. What do you have to say to me?” “I love you.”

14. The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais – Yale/Crap Shack. After both the girls breaking down for feeling like they are failing, they listen to their messages to each other. “Hi, hon. I'm just seeing if I could catch you, but you're out. So...nothing much to report here. Just give me a call when you can.” “Just checking in. Nothing big to report. Okay, give me a call when you can. Bye, mom.”

15. Scene in a Mall – Luke's. Lorelai and Rory go over all the stuff Emily bought them during her freakout at the mall and try to schedule a time they can be together again. At the Gilmore mansion, Emily and Richard eat in near silence. “What do you think of these?” “Hmm?” “The apples.” “Oh. I've always liked those.”

16. The Reigning Lorelai – Gran's funeral. The girls talk about the day. “You know, someday you'll be the reigning Lorelai.” “I don't like that idea.” “Why not? You get a cape.”

17. Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doin' the Twist – Yale/Crap Shack. The girls talk on the phone about Spring Break. “It was interesting, you know? We sat on the beach, went to a club, we watched 'The Power of Myth,' Paris and I kissed...” “Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. You watched 'The Power of Myth'? I hid that from you!”

18. Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom! – Jason's townhouse. Jason and Lorelai drink and talk about the disastrous evening with their parents. “But, you know, there is a bright side to this evening.” “The moon?” “No, but the moon was very bright. At least our relationship is out in the open -- no more hiding.” Later, Richard and Floyd go golfing and decide to go back into business together and leave Jason out in the cold.

19. Afterboom – Coffee shop. Jason and Lorelai talk about what's going on with Richard and Emily, and Richard and Floyd. She realizes Jason is suing Richard. “It's just business.” “Oh, my G-d. I'm so sick of hearing people say that.”

20. Luke Can See Her Face – Sookie's. Luke stops by just as Lorelai is leaving after sleeping with the zucchini. He asks her to go to Liz's wedding with him. “Oh, and you don't have to wear a fruity outfit.” “Oh, I'm gonna be a little fruity.” “That's good, too.” He goes and gives his self help tapes and workbooks to Jess. “Here. I'm done with them. Enjoy.”

21. Last Week Fights, This Week Tights – Crap Shack. Luke walks Lorelai home after the wedding and asks her out to a movie. “I can be a movie guy.” Back at his apartment, Luke says goodbye to Jess, who appreciates everything he did for him. “You hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here.” At Yale, Dean takes Rory back to her dorm and they find Jess waiting there for her. Jess wants Rory to go back to New York with him. “Don't say 'no' just to make me stop talking or make me go away. Only say 'no' if you really don't want to be with me.” “No!”

22. Raincoats and Recipes – Crap Shack. After kissing Luke, Lorelai has to run home for bandaids and a camera. She finds Dean coming out of Rory's bedroom. “And I'm lucky, too, because Dean, he's -- well, aren't you glad that it happened with someone who's good and really loves me?” “But he's married.” “You don't understand the situation.” “Is he still married?” “Yes, but –“ “Then I understand the situation.”

6, 22 out!  Voting against two.

Favorite Episode End Scenes - Season 4

1. Ballrooms & Biscotti – Gilmore mansion. It's the night before Rory moves to Yale. The girls watch ballroom dance competitions while Emily sleeps on the couch. “So, tomorrow . . .” “Yeah, tomorrow.”

2. The Lorelais' First Day at Yale – Yale. A couple of girls from the 'first night at Yale' party the night before drop by to pick Rory up for Freshmen Assembly. They leave to go 'Lorelai' a few coffee kiosks. “Then we're all going to conveniently lose our student ID's and go take new pictures.” Back at home, Lorelai looks around her empty living room.

3. The Hobbit, the Sofa, and Digger Stiles – FND. Rory is going to confront Emily about butting into her life. Richard announces that he is going into business with Jason Stiles. Rory chickens out. “Bwak, bwak, bwak, bwak.” “I was about to when Grandpa came in. He interrupted, and now Grandma's mad, so I'm sorry if it seems to you like I chickened out, but I didn't, and now it's just gonna have to wait.” “Mmhmm. Bwak, bwak, bwak, bwak.”

4. Chicken or Beef – Dragonfly property. Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel break ground on the new property. “Just sometimes, it hits me. This place had a long history before us, has a long future after us. I keep thinking it's apart of our lives, but, really, it's the reverse. For a little while. . .I don't know. . .it's like we're apart of its life.” In town square, Rory sadly watches the newly married Dean and Lindsey.

5. The Fundamental Things Apply – Yale. Rory comes to check on her laundry and realizes Laundry Guy put her stuff in a basket already because someone had dumped them out. They talk about music and missing home. She asks him out on a date. “I don't think so, but thanks.” "You're welcome."

7. Festival of Living Art – Town Square. Sookie's baby pager goes off just as Lorelai is posing as the Renoir girl. “What the hell is that?”

8. Die, Jerk – Yale. Rory is on the phone with Lorelai while she waits for the music performance to start. They discuss Luke being back with Nicole, and Lorelai maybe dating Jason. “Hey, would that be crazy?” “What?” “For us to go out together?” “All three of us?”

9. Ted Koppel's Big Night Out – Yale. Rory calls Lorelai after the football game finally ends. Lorelai is still on her date with Jason. “We're at the West Hills market drinking booze out of paper cups.” “Really, how pathetic.”

10. The Nanny and the Professor – Yale. Rory is flustered to realize Asher Fleming is teaching one of her classes, after she saw him and Paris kissing. “Ah, Rory Gilmore. We meet again.”

11. In the Clamor and the Clangor – Yale. Rory is on the phone with Lorelai, telling her about how she thought that Laundry Guy's crazy stalker was her. “How self-centered am I that I just assumed that he was talking about me?” “Well, I would have assumed the same thing, so, incredibly self-centered.” Lane comes back to stay with Rory after her mother found her secret room.

12. A Family Matter – Crap Shack. Rory grills Lorelai about having money problems. “Cutting back on things, cable, eating out, the bread, the cheese, the tomato.” At Luke's, Luke watches to make sure Jess goes in out of the cold before he heads to Nicole's for the night.

13. Nag Hammadi is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels – Town Square. Rory sees Jess and tries to run away. “You wanted to talk, so talk. What do you have to say to me?” “I love you.”

14. The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais – Yale/Crap Shack. After both the girls breaking down for feeling like they are failing, they listen to their messages to each other. “Hi, hon. I'm just seeing if I could catch you, but you're out. So...nothing much to report here. Just give me a call when you can.” “Just checking in. Nothing big to report. Okay, give me a call when you can. Bye, mom.”

15. Scene in a Mall – Luke's. Lorelai and Rory go over all the stuff Emily bought them during her freakout at the mall and try to schedule a time they can be together again. At the Gilmore mansion, Emily and Richard eat in near silence. “What do you think of these?” “Hmm?” “The apples.” “Oh. I've always liked those.”

16. The Reigning Lorelai – Gran's funeral. The girls talk about the day. “You know, someday you'll be the reigning Lorelai.” “I don't like that idea.” “Why not? You get a cape.”

17. Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doin' the Twist – Yale/Crap Shack. The girls talk on the phone about Spring Break. “It was interesting, you know? We sat on the beach, went to a club, we watched 'The Power of Myth,' Paris and I kissed...” “Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. You watched 'The Power of Myth'? I hid that from you!”

18. Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom! – Jason's townhouse. Jason and Lorelai drink and talk about the disastrous evening with their parents. “But, you know, there is a bright side to this evening.” “The moon?” “No, but the moon was very bright. At least our relationship is out in the open -- no more hiding.” Later, Richard and Floyd go golfing and decide to go back into business together and leave Jason out in the cold.

19. Afterboom – Coffee shop. Jason and Lorelai talk about what's going on with Richard and Emily, and Richard and Floyd. She realizes Jason is suing Richard. “It's just business.” “Oh, my G-d. I'm so sick of hearing people say that.”

20. Luke Can See Her Face – Sookie's. Luke stops by just as Lorelai is leaving after sleeping with the zucchini. He asks her to go to Liz's wedding with him. “Oh, and you don't have to wear a fruity outfit.” “Oh, I'm gonna be a little fruity.” “That's good, too.” He goes and gives his self help tapes and workbooks to Jess. “Here. I'm done with them. Enjoy.”

21. Last Week Fights, This Week Tights – Crap Shack. Luke walks Lorelai home after the wedding and asks her out to a movie. “I can be a movie guy.” Back at his apartment, Luke says goodbye to Jess, who appreciates everything he did for him. “You hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here.” At Yale, Dean takes Rory back to her dorm and they find Jess waiting there for her. Jess wants Rory to go back to New York with him. “Don't say 'no' just to make me stop talking or make me go away. Only say 'no' if you really don't want to be with me.” “No!”

10, 13 ("I made this!") out.  Still two.

5, 11 out.  Still two.

8, 18 gone. Still two.

3, 14 out. Still two.

16, 19 out. Still two.

7, 17 out.  Voting against one now.